Calling all Law Keepers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GodsGrace Your God demands...my God woos.
I never said that grace nullifies the law.
As you know..I maintain that Jesus fulfilled all the righteous requirements of the law.

I have no problem with you scriptures.

You still haven't told me how you keep the law...which you keep telling us we have to keep..
...it's about my forth time of asking you personally.

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There are some who will say this verse supposedly doesn't apply to us because we are 'under grace', and this was meant for the Jews who were still under the law.......:rolleyes:..........and I say we might as well throw out all the teachings of John, Mark, Luke and Matthew, James included since everything they ever said was all about the Jews. What good is any of it to us? We should just make the new testament all about the writings of Paul. But of course, we know what Jesus plainly stated happens to those who removes or adds onto the words written in the Bible. He won't be too pleased with them.
Great observation.
Also, Jesus said what I posted.
Maybe we could get rid of everything Jesus said too...
It was sooooo law oriented...

Maybe we could discard the whole New Testament?????
We could all just do whatever we want, understand, or enjoy doing.
Yeah. That's the ticket.

Reactions: Dcopymope

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace Your God demands...my God woos.
I never said that grace nullifies the law.
As you know..I maintain that Jesus fulfilled all the righteous requirements of the law.

I have no problem with you scriptures.

You still haven't told me how you keep the law...which you keep telling us we have to keep..
...it's about my forth time of asking you personally.
You NEVER asked me personally.

I NEVER said I keep the law.
I said we are to keep the law.
That doesn't mean we do.

But we DO NOT say that we are no longer to keep the law because Jesus did it all for us.

The law has not been abolished.
How many times can I say it?
Mathew 5:17

The law is present and is to be obeyed.
Did I say I was perfect?
Or any human?

There is none righteous, no not one.
Romans 3:23

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pay attention and you'll find that I'm correct in my observation.
Some TALK
and some DO.
Yes we know thats why the op.

Here's what I've learned and can attest to:
Those who say they walk in grace are by far the most judgemental and unkind people I've run across.
Yet those who keep the law always feel they are being judged, thats what laws do, they judge people.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great observation.
Also, Jesus said what I posted.
Maybe we could get rid of everything Jesus said too...
It was sooooo law oriented...

Maybe we could discard the whole New Testament?????
We could all just do whatever we want, understand, or enjoy doing.
Yeah. That's the ticket.

Yeah, lets just discard the whole Bible, that way grace and "law" is whatever we say it is. You either believe the Bible 100%, or not at all. There is no half stepping, luke warmness when it comes to your faith where you discard parts of the bible that doesn't agree with your worldview that they can't twist and rob of its context like many professed "believers" do.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yeah, lets just discard the whole Bible, that way grace and "law" is whatever we say it is. You either believe the Bible 100%, or not at all. There is no half stepping, luke warmness when it comes to your faith where you discard parts of the bible that doesn't agree with your worldview like many professed "believers" do.
Jesus said that IF we want to FOLLOW Him, we must pick up our cross daily.
Mathew 16:24

But He also taught that HIS yoke is easy and His burden is light.
Mathew 11:29-30

He never said there would not BE a burden.
All Jesus talked about was laws, doing works, obeying God.

How this is ignored is truly a mystery to me.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So He is not a God of love, I knew it, oh foolish me.
You can't split God up into parts.

GOD IS LOVE.
GOD IS JUST.

You must accept both parts of God.

Acts 17:31

"because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GodsGrace Yes, I asked you personally...I can show you where...the last one was in 'Was James confused...'#654 and also #648 thats for starters..

Each time you answered and sidestepped my question..

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
doing works,
Yes Gods work not yours, these men did works,
'
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

Jesus came to do the works of God not His own, just as we are supposed to.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Avoid teh question...
The point is this mj:
How would I know what murder is unless I was told somehow?
Assume you were living in a forest somewhere and no one ever taught you that to kill is wrong.
You might even kill because you're just mad at someone.

We know about murder because God commanded us and taught we humans not to murder. If you remember He even said that if anyone tried to kill Cain, He would take vengeance on that person.
Genesis 4:15

The bible was written for our guidance.
Not so we could disregard it and make up our own rules and regulations that somehow might seem easier for us.

I do agree very much with @bbyrd009 .
The law is much easier to keep than grace.
But that is not well understood.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Firstly thank you for replying.
Well all I can say is that you seem very confused..

Perhaps I should chuck it all, give up and become an atheist.

I did ask some questions of you, which I noticed you did not reply unto.

..out of one side of your mouth you say we must not sin...and out of the other you say that above. By that you are saying that you do not keep Gods law.

You did notice the "<grin>"? So, are you advocating that it is alright to continue in "sin"? Somehow I would doubt that. Yet, it is through the "instruction" that we come to knowledge of what is "sin".

The difference being between us...I know I am far from perfect ,been at it 54 years..

Is this nothing more than a manner in which to compare yourself to others?
I clearly stated that I wasn't perfect, yet this is a "difference" between us?
How is it different?

<snip>

I tell you...in the 60's we knew of a Holiness preacher...he could preach a wonderful- " lets be Holy because God requires it..sermon"...and we found out he went home after church and beat his wife black and blue.

And such continues to this very day far too often amoung even your variety of Pastor/Church. Should I discount all of Christianity based upon the actions of some?

For those who preach it,and believe that we must, better make sure they live it. For, accounting to them (you?) Hell awaits those who break one law, be it love or any other.
'.....for as many as have sinned "in the law" shall be judged by the law..'

Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

-
those who believe that we still must keep the laws, by those very laws they themselves will be judged.

Indubitably.

Rom 2:13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:

<snip>

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace Yes, I asked you personally...I can show you where...the last one was in 'Was James confused...'#654 and also #648 thats for starters..

Each time you answered and sidestepped my question..
I'm sorry if I missed it.

Did I answer you now?