Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I agree with that verse. Those who look for Him will find Him. But the fallen man’s inclination is not to seek for Him. That is why God seeks and finds them.
So, why does God even tell them to search for Him? They cannot do so in their unregenerated state. How long does it take for them to find actual faith and repentance, finding the Lord, after they have been regenerated so that they can begin to seek Him?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, you never said that Christ was imputed Adam's sin. But there is confusion; because you said that Christ is imputed our sins; and our sins are imputed to us because of Adam. Therefore, by extension, Christ is imputed with Adam's sin. I think you are intelligent enough to see the logic here.
Those who are imputed Adam’s sin via original sin are born sinners bruh, with the proclivity to sin. In other words, born with a sin nature. Neither of those can be attributed to the Christ.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why does God even tell them to search for Him? They cannot do so in their unregenerated state. How long does it take for them to find actual faith and repentance, finding the Lord, after they have been regenerated so that they can begin to seek Him?
Because it’s incumbent upon man to do so.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read it again. The verse does NOT say that.
All it says is that if a man seeks God, they will find Him. However, man does not want to seek Him in their lost state. You can’t take one verse and pit it against others, which is what you’re doing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are imputed Adam’s sin via original sin are born sinners bruh, with the proclivity to sin. In other words, born with a sin nature. Neither of those can be attributed to the Christ.

Please don't call me "bruh". I find it to be rather rude.

Define "incumbent".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also, please answer my second question.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Spoul said a lot of contradictory things.

God says those that want him he will guide to him.

He never says you have to be a salvation lottery winner saved.

Contrary to Calvinism both free will man and the grace of God are in operation when it comes to salvation.They are not in conflict with other.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So, let me get this straight. You are saying that it is "incumbent upon man" to seek God but we can't unless He picks us to do so? o_O
Then you are saying we have a responsibility that we have no means to satisfy? :( Glad I don't believe that.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, context needs to be properly explained in Jeremiah 29:13.

Jeremiah is called the weeping as he saw and was grieved by what he saw Israel was doing. He was addressing Jews who had fallen into apostasy. So, this was addressing them not all mankind indiscriminately. The enemies of Israel were not told this.

Just like Revelation 3:20 gets grossly handled. That verse was directed at a church that had went into apostasy.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I agree with that verse. Those who look for Him will find Him. But the fallen man’s inclination is not to seek for Him. That is why God seeks and finds them.
They think they found the LORD like he was lost. Seems they have the free will before the true Gospel.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, let me get this straight. You are saying that it is "incumbent upon man" to seek God but we can't unless He picks us to do so? o_O
Then you are saying we have a responsibility that we have no means to satisfy? :( Glad I don't believe that.

That is what Calvinism teaches but it has a problem.

If one decides not to seek God that would be a free will action and defying God which they believe we cannot do.

And if one decides to seek God that still free will action.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All it says is that if a man seeks God, they will find Him. However, man does not want to seek Him in their lost state. You can’t take one verse and pit it against others, which is what you’re doing.

No, I never do that. I am merely using Scripture to refute your assertions. I believe in letting the Bible speak in all its complexities. Notice I did not say "contradictions" because I do not think it contradicts itself--it presents compounds of truth when taken as a whole.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Hebrews 6:1-8, those who go into apostasy cannot return to the Lord.

The Lord would therefore have no reason to call them back to Himself, since He would be asking the impossible of them.

No; Jeremiah 29:13 and Revelation 3:20 are both invitations to the sinner.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk