Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fail to see how I treated the man with any kind of disrespect.

Maybe he just couldn't handle the logic we were presenting...he lost the argument in his own mind and gave up on trying to convince us.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Hebrews 6:1-8, those who go into apostasy cannot return to the Lord.

The Lord would therefore have no reason to call them back to Himself, since He would be asking the impossible of them.

No; Jeremiah 29:13 and Revelation 3:20 are both invitations to the sinner.

Per Calvinism they cannot go into apostasy and they cannot.

Returning to the Lord says they were once saved in Calvinistic lingo.

Returning to the Lord is a free will statement.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, @Lady Crosstalk @justbyfaith @CoreIssue

I kindly ask you to not address me any further. All three of you are on ignore now. I tried to be civil, but this wasn’t reciprocated.

#buh-bye

No one ever said you are un-civil. Nor are we being un-civil when we take issue with what you have written, believing it to be un-Scriptural. We were not attacking you--just what we felt was erroneous teaching. Apparently you were unprepared for vigorous debate--but was it not your choice to participate in this forum?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I fail to see how I treated the man with any kind of disrespect.

Maybe he just couldn't handle the logic we were presenting...he lost the argument in his own mind and gave up on trying to convince us.

Could be. I find it sad that many struggle under the yoke of religious oppression when "it was for freedom that Christ set us free."

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That’s interesting

Especially since it is in a context that speaks of resurrection. Those who are in Christ can be assured that they will be resurrected to eternal life. Those who refuse to give their lives to Him will face resurrection to eternal death.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No--the heart of my disagreement with you is your insistence that babies are guilty of the sin of their forbears. Yes, we die physically because of what Adam and Eve did when they followed the destroyer rather than the Creator. But that is a LONG way from calling God a "murderer" which YOU did.

You persist in conflating physical death with eternal death. When you quote Romans 6:23, do you ever quote the entire passage? Why leave off: "...but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."?

You also neglect the context of Romans 3:23. Please, look at Romans 3:22 "We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes..." Since babies are incapable of believing--then, I guess with you Calvinists, you are saying--"Too bad, babies, my theology says you are toast." It is clear that Romans 3:23 is speaking to the fact that it is inevitable that ALL will eventually sin.

No, it is YOU who have done that when you insist that when God takes an innocent life, He is guilty of murder. That is what the atheists say--that God "murdered" His own Son. Only God, who gives humans their lives, has a right to take them without cause. Did Abraham question God about the order to kill Isaac? No, he apparently assumed that God would revivify Isaac. He knew that the holiness of God is total. YOU apparently question that and make up your theology around your doubts.

Murder is decidedly evil-no doubt about that. It is why God prohibited human-to-human killing without just cause. When it is without just cause, that's when we call it murder--rather than killing, such as in self-defense. No--the biggest injustice is to malign the holiness of God by stubbornly insisting that your theology could not be wrong, and that if babies die, it is because they are somehow guilty of the sin of their antecedents.
Deuteronomy 5:9 KJV
[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially since it is in a context that speaks of resurrection. Those who are in Christ can be assured that they will be resurrected to eternal life. Those who refuse to give their lives to Him will face resurrection to eternal death.
You have a right to your opinion

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 4:10 KJV
[10] For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Tecarta Biblewhats the context here?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Tecarta Bible

Sins of the father is no longer in force.

Since the baby does not understand sin, this applies to them.

John 9:39-41

39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sins of the father is no longer in force.

Since the baby does not understand sin, this applies to them.

John 9:39-41

39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
I agree, but I’m not blind. I see children even toddlers modeling after their parents everyday.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Tecarta Bible

God is saying here that sin affects future generations. When someone leads a depraved life, his children are affected, and their children are affected, and so on. I prefer to see the OT through NT eyes. God often makes predictions of what will happen as a result of sin but that does not mean that it is what He prefers. He prefers that His children behave in a way that is consistent with what they say that they believe. God was speaking to ancient Israel here through Moses--they said they would obey. God had a different Covenant with Israel than He has with Christians under the New Covenant. His general instruction to the Israelites is often useful to us as Christians in teaching us what is sinful and what is good. But, the New Testament teaches us the New Covenant.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree, but I’m not blind. I see children even toddlers modeling after their parents everyday.

Yes--sadly this is true. One day I saw a father let loose a series of curses on his six-year-old. I wasn't surprised to see the six-year-old soon say something similar to his three-year-old brother. The father laughed. I expect that the demons do too.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is saying here that sin affects future generations. When someone leads a depraved life, his children are affected, and their children are affected, and so on. I prefer to see the OT through NT eyes. God often makes predictions of what will happen as a result of sin but that does not mean that it is what He prefers. He prefers that His children behave in a way that is consistent with what they say that they believe. God was speaking to ancient Israel here through Moses--they said they would obey. God had a different Covenant with Israel than He has with Christians under the New Covenant. His general instruction to the Israelites is often useful to us as Christians in teaching us what is sinful and what is good. But, the New Testament teaches us the New Covenant.
Well said. New Testament eyes?i love the suggestion. Jesus says if I hate my brother I am a murderer. I’ll say again,this tells me that I need to look at the 10 commandments in a new perspective. Honor your mother and father? God is my father. Spiritual Israel is the mother of us all.
I was once and still in many ways still am a baby in Christ (must be born from above, be as one of these little ones to enter in)
Do not take the Lord Gods name in vain?hmmmm. Could this mean that if I’m a Christian elder and I’m spreading false doctrine to Gods little ones, I’m taking his name to them in vain?
They may even model what I’m saying wrongly. We indeed should consider what we speak to our children. Paul says I have begotten you through the gospel of Christ.

Galatians 4:19 KJV
[19] My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Tecarta BibleWe have a very special calling. You guys need to apologize to SG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly.

Care to call me Satan again? Libel some more?
Friend, I never called you satan. I was addressing the spirit behind your accusatory demeanor.

I addressed you immediately afterward in the post in question, even hashtagging your moniker so that you would know that I was making a distinction between you and the spirit that I was addressing.