Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does not change anything. Calvinism is a cult. So was Mormonism, Jehovah witness, Catholicism and the SDA.
You have shown yourself to be nothing but a cyber rambo making accusations and completely void of any biblical knowledge to support your bogus statements. I knew you and your side kick have nothing biblical to say. Now you discredit yourself and try and sneak away, but everyone can see you retreating like a turtle into a shell.
In fact the Calvinist teaching has made short work of your foolish ,ignorant ,post

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't presented any evidence to defend Calvinism

See posts #144 and #149. And trust me, that's just the warm up.

Well let me get blunt. I've done 58 years of Bible study, studying cults, studying other religions and debating.

Then why resort to petty name calling and emotional response backed by 0% fact?

Example being the claim that no one seeks God. Well, I posted 79 versus talking about people seeking God in free will.

And many times, others such as Anthony, Waiting on Him, Naomi, myself and Dave have refuted these claims from Scripture. It's not that we can't, it's that we get tired of typing the same thing over and over and for it to seemingly fly right over your and others heads... or more likely choosing to blatantly ignore or twist Scripture.

Does not change anything. Calvinism is a cult.
So your effort here to embarrass me and discredit me with nothing but innuendo and false claims is going nowhere. As if this is the first time someone is taking a shot at me in this way.

I don't even need to address this one, but I will. I am not here to shame or disgrace anyone. I have sat back and allowed you to say all kinds of offensive things about my belief backed by 0 fact whatsoever. I really could care less the impact this has on you, and it was not meant to shame or embarrass you. I mean, you believe in works righteousness, which if that doesn't embarrass you, nothing will...

You need to get out of Calvinism. Calvinists are not the elite chosen of God. They are like those claiming to be one of the 144,000 of Jehovah witness. Or a temple Mormon that thinks they are on their
way to Godhood.

And yet another swing and a miss.... I am seriously beginning to wonder where you are getting your facts [if at all]

Your efforts here failed. And failed to understand when you speak to others from an old the position you're telling them they're doomed to hell and there's nothing they can do about it.

.... Yep. And you know who else said that sinners were doomed to hell and there was nothing they could do about it.... This one guy named Jesus. Look, I am not a name caller. I am not a provoker or shamer. I try to listen to and have decent discussion with anyone who is willing, but when someone is willing to stand up and call my belief a heresy on the grounds that it goes against their feelings with absolutely 0 biblical support that hasn't already been dealt with and solved time and time again on this site, I have no choice but to stand in defense. As Calvin said;
calvin dog quote.jpg

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You get these kinds of drive-by posters. They accuse everyone but have no substance. What an embarrassment.
As soon as you call them to account they go home to mommy:oops::oops::rolleyes:
I think CI has a lot more biblical knowledge than I. It kinda seems like a lot of people lack spiritual insight though. And I don’t mean that as an insult

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue,
[So your effort here to embarrass me and discredit me with nothing but innuendo and false claims is going nowhere. As if this is the first time someone is taking a shot at me in this way.

You need to get out of Calvinism. Calvinists are not the elite chosen of God. They are like those claiming to be one of the 144,000 of Jehovah witness. Or a temple Mormon that thinks they are on their
way to Godhood.

Your efforts here failed. And failed to understand when you speak to others from an old the position you're telling them they're doomed to hell and there's nothing they can do about it. That meaning it is all about]

You have been exposed as a fraud. It was time for you to put up or shut up and all we see is ignorant rants with no merit
Guess if you cannot put up it is time to shut up:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: SovereignGrace

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think CI has a lot more biblical knowledge than I. It kinda seems like a lot of people lack spiritual insight though. And I don’t mean that as an insult
We are not saved by our ability to pass a "Bible knowledge" test. Of course, knowing things is a good thing, but 1) it isn't what saves anyone, 2) *how* you use that knowledge is very important. Vast knowledge with little wisdom or drive to improve that knowledge often results in foolishness.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See posts #144 and #149. And trust me, that's just the warm up.

Then why resort to petty name calling and emotional response backed by 0% fact?

And many times, others such as Anthony, Waiting on Him, Naomi, myself and Dave have refuted these claims from Scripture. It's not that we can't, it's that we get tired of typing the same thing over and over and for it to seemingly fly right over your and others heads... or more likely choosing to blatantly ignore or twist Scripture.

I don't even need to address this one, but I will. I am not here to shame or disgrace anyone. I have sat back and allowed you to say all kinds of offensive things about my belief backed by 0 fact whatsoever. I really could care less the impact this has on you, and it was not meant to shame or embarrass you. I mean, you believe in works righteousness, which if that doesn't embarrass you, nothing will...

And yet another swing and a miss.... I am seriously beginning to wonder where you are getting your facts [if at all]

.... Yep. And you know who else said that sinners were doomed to hell and there was nothing they could do about it.... This one guy named Jesus. Look, I am not a name caller. I am not a provoker or shamer. I try to listen to and have decent discussion with anyone who is willing, but when someone is willing to stand up and call my belief a heresy on the grounds that it goes against their feelings with absolutely 0 biblical support that hasn't already been dealt with and solved time and time again on this site, I have no choice but to stand in defense. As Calvin said;
View attachment 5369
Yes another internet fraud exposed no surprise here

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok brothers and sisters imo our humiliation is sometimes a good thing ive experienced this quite a lot in the last few years; and what I’ve seen is that this is when he is most fruitful. It aligns with his word the removal of pride allows him to work. Just a suggestion that everyone examine themselves often.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on the word cult means nothing to me. Every idol word will be judged. I’ve already said enough for both of us to be worried about.

Cult means a religion that claims be part of the mainstream religion but is not.

I'm not worried about it. Just trying to help people get a clearer understanding of it and have questions.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ok brothers and sisters imo our humiliation is sometimes a good thing ive experienced this quite a lot in the last few years; and what I’ve seen is that this is when he is most fruitful. It aligns with his word the removal of pride allows him to work. Just a suggestion that everyone examine themselves often.
The purging principle (Malachi; John 15) is wholesome.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cult means a religion that claims be part of the mainstream religion but is not.

I'm not worried about it. Just trying to help people get a clearer understanding of it and have questions.

You've got your definitions mixed up.

cult
noun
  • 1.a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object
~ By definition, Calvinists worship the same Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

her·e·sy
noun

• 1.belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine
~ By the way, Calvinism is the orthodox belief of the church, as stated in the Cannons of Dort. So by definition it is not heresy either

You've been calling Calvinism a cult this whole time, and didn't even know that what you really meant was heresy. Maybe your arguments would be easier to take seriously if you used the word with the right definition

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You've got your definitions mixed up.

cult
noun
  • 1.a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object
~ By definition, Calvinists worship the same Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

her·e·sy
noun

• 1.belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine
~ By the way, Calvinism is the orthodox belief of the church, as stated in the Cannons of Dort. So by definition it is not heresy either

You've been calling Calvinism a cult this whole time, and didn't even know that what you really meant was heresy. Maybe your arguments would be easier to take seriously if you used the word with the right definition
It all reminds me of two rowers in the same rowing boat, rowing at the same time in quite different directions, when ppl can't agree even on what a term such as Calvinism is...

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all reminds me of two rowers in the same rowing boat, rowing at the same time in quite different directions, when ppl can't agree even on what a term such as Calvinism is...

Well, the point is that even a historian could look at Calvinism and say "Well, is respect to the Christian religion, Calvinism is by definition not a cult, because they cling to the same God as described by Christians, and they aren't heresy, because they were the orthodox view Christianity is Calvinism as defined historically by the document the Canons of Dort.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, the point is that even a historian could look at Calvinism and say "Well, is respect to the Christian religion, Calvinism is by definition not a cult, because they cling to the same God as described by Christians, and they aren't heresy, because they were the orthodox view Christianity is Calvinism as defined historically by the document the Canons of Dort.
I agree.

So many of the 'Calvinist' discussions - for or against - do seem to go round and round in circles. It does remind me of a fairground, where you pay money to take turns to throw a ball at a row of coconuts; and someone cries: "Roll up, bowl a ball, a penny a pitch...!"