Calvinism is a Cult

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nor is telling me I am slandering when I'm not the one who started a thread called 'Calvinism is a Cult'

I think that "Coreissue" honestly believes that. I would fault his lack of gentleness (which is supposed to be one of the "fruits of the Holy Spirit"). We are ALL imperfect vessels of the Holy Spirit. We frequently leak.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where He permitted His followers to do such things? I'm sure that you know the Psalm Jesus was enacting.

My "party"?? How did this get to be a political discussion? I'll grant you that John Calvin was at least as political as he was religious (he was the virtual dictator of Geneva) but I hardly think that entitles the followers of Jesus to make this discussion into a "them" vs. "us" donnybrook. Are we or are we not one in Christ--"one faith, one Lord, one baptism"? I really have no "dog in this hunt" other than to point out the truth as I see it in Scripture. Sometimes I see that non-Calvinists are probably in error, sometimes I see that Calvinists are in error. We are ALL imperfect vessels of the Holy Spirit.

Does it? I actually hesitated over including that part of the passage because I don't believe that Calvinists are frequent slanderers. I do think that "bitterness and rage" often applies, however.

That is your opinion based on what you believe the Scriptures teach--others' opinions on what the Bible teaches do not agree with yours. Doesn't it behoove both sides to "reason together" without rancor?

That Scripture is good in application to ALL Christians.

We did not make the distinction, the OP did. And raging? Have you SEEN some of the blind rages thrown at us by some of the posters here when we 'offend' their theology by pointing out the contradictions in their beliefs? This is getting kind of hypocritical.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We did not make the distinction, the OP did. And raging? Have you SEEN some of the blind rages thrown at us by some of the posters here when we 'offend' their theology by pointing out the contradictions in their beliefs? This is getting kind of hypocritical.

If they do it they are wrong--just as Calvinists are wrong when they do it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I haven't seen any instance where any of you have pointed out any contradictions in what we believe; nor have I seen any instances of rage that you are speaking of...(thread name, page #, and post #?)

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one verse in the Bible defeats Calvinism, then Calvinism is untrue...and I find that at the very least, Romans 5:2 defeats Calvinism for those who are spiritually able to see what is in front of them.

2Co 4:3, But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4, In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one verse in the Bible defeats Calvinism, then Calvinism is untrue...and I find that at the very least, Romans 5:2 defeats Calvinism for those who are spiritually able to see what is in front of them.
You've been shown your misusage of that text numerous times. My old professor had a solemn conclusion for those who always take Scripture out of context and get it wrong. You'd fit his conclusion, and he wasn't even Calvinistic. But at least he'd get Romans 5:2 right, unlike you.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How about reading Romans 5:10.... where it says that while we yet hated God He reconciled us to Himself. Not we reconciled ourselves to Him. Or Romans 3:24-25, where we are "justified by His grace", not by our faith. or in Hebrews, where it says the "He who has begun a good work in you will finish it", not "He will finish the good work you started in yourselves." Or John 6:35-40, where "All that the Father gives me will come," not "All that give themselves to the Father will come."

I could go on, but I think these will suffice to show that your theology is just not grounded in careful Bible study.

For the record, this can be considered where I showed you a contradiction in your theology.
[Thought I would like to add Romans 12:3 , where it states God has allotted each a measure of faith.... but then how is it of us?]

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Juvenile.
Unless you or one of your cohorts used it. Then it's all good.

You are aware your teaching is false and based on out of context Scripture, right? And that just like the false teachers in Jesus day, you get angry and rage when shown to be in error, right? Do you realize this?

Reactions: Mjh29