Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
giphy.gif

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I mean, who cares what Scripture teaches? I heard one say, in their vast wisdom, that God is a gentleman, and he would not violate man's freewill, so, Jesus gave Lazarus an option to either come back to life or not. Lazarus then chose his way out of the tomb. Man is that powerful, even when spiritually dead.

Since this person says God is a gentleman, and won't do this, well, it sounds so precious! Because of this it must be true! God just waits for us to come to him out of our own love for him, because he doesn't want robots. If he were God, I mean if he did all the saving then we are just robots. SO it has to be this way because I thought it through and it makes sense. If you try to show me I'm wrong with the Bible I'll neutralize any verse you give with one out of context.

So, the Gospel is reduced down to voting. Just vote for God, yes or no, then, because of the power of one's decision of yes, when they die they go to heaven. And? They can live however they want in between! Why? They've already forced themselves into heaven, no one can keep them out. All we have to do is Romans 10:17 and we are in! Bam! No repentance, sanctification, anything. If God doesn't let us in, then he's a liar (one preacher told me this. Why would he lie? He also taught me evidence of conversion is works salvation and called the police on me for my beliefs!)

Jesus just came here to earth to show us how powerful we are, and how powerful our words are, now it is up to us. He didn't really mean that no one was able to come to him. What he really meant is that we are able to come to him so the opposite is true for those who know the real truth. But I still believe the whole bible, don't judge!!!

Oh, but salvation is ALL him at the same time even though we decided ourselves into heaven. He just cancels out our own ability to come to him ourselves once we're saved so he gets all the glory so we're ok with it so whatever.

Sarcasm ended...but sadly the above is a mix of what many believe.

Does it make you feel good?.... Then it must be the Gospel!
Lol this is how people think now adays... forget what the Scriptures teach.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... where should this thread go from here? I was thinking of taking this nice little break in the action to find some source material defending the 5 points and posting it here. Thought?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it make you feel good?.... Then it must be the Gospel!
Lol this is how people think now adays... forget what the Scriptures teach.
Ppl say God doesn’t choose to leave ppl in their fallen state. Let’s investigate their claim...

7 “The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any of the peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples, 8 but because the LORD loved you and kept the oath which He swore to your forefathers, the LORD brought you out by a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.[Deuteronomy 7]

There was nothing in Israel that was missing in other nations. God chose them , not because of who they were, but because of who He is. His election of sinners is based solely upon Himself. Not other nation did God say this to, in vss 7,8.

There was nothing special in those He elected.

Reactions: Mjh29 and Dave L

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#288...

It is God's good pleasure then, to not save the non-elect, and to put them in the lake of fire for that He didn't choose them.

Such a loving God you serve.
Is it possible that you have not understood what it means for God to have MERCY.
For you to suggest such profane ideas about God is somewhat foul.

Reactions: SovereignGrace