Calvinism is NOT a Cult!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk19:14
But the citizens hated Him, and sent a message after Him,saying,WE WILL NOT HAVE THIS MAN REIGN OVER US.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men and women have a will that is not free.
Making choices is not speaking of the condition of man's will. The God given consciences have nothing to do with this topic.
The fact is that you do not have a leg to stand on therefore you are simply contradicting yourself. Conscience has everything to do with this topic, since it refutes the false doctrine of Total Depravity (total inability to respond to the Gospel or do anything righteous).

What Calvinist DO NOT BELIEVE is (1) the power of the Gospel itself and (2) the power of the Holy Spirit to bring sinners to salvation.

Reactions: CoreIssue

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing you posted that supports Calvinism.

In fact it denies Calvinism by demonstrating free well.
Talk about willful denial of what is plain. The entire Confession itself is Calvinistic. Bro, you really need to start arguing with facts and truth. It doesn't become Christianity to bear false witness and practice deceit as you are.

Please, for once, provide some facts.

Reactions: Mjh29

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cultists are generally blissfully unaware that they are in bondage to a cult.

I would challenge every Calvinist to read this excellent E-book written by David Cloud and wake up. He has done his due diligence. One of his subtitles is "Calvinism’s doctrines are contrary to the plain teaching of God’s Word".

The Calvinism Debate

I have examined Calvinism many times during the past four decades and have read materials such as Calvin’s Institutes; Arthur Pink’s The Sovereignty of God; the Westminster Confession of Faith; Iain Murray’s Spurgeon vs. the Hyper-Calvinists; Debating Calvinism: Five Points, Two Views by Dave Hunt and James White, to name a few. As best as I know how, I have studied these materials with the sole desire to know the truth and to follow it wherever it leads.

I have made a considerable effort to understand Calvinism properly and not to misrepresent it (though I have learned that a non-Calvinist will ALWAYS be charged with misrepresentation). The chapters in this book include The Central Errors of Calvinism, Beware of Quick Prayerism, Calvin’s Camels (Scriptures that contradict Calvinism), Calvinism’s Proof Texts Examined, and What about Hyper-Calvinism?

..it [Calvinism] must be faced because it touches some of the most important points of biblical truth and affects how Christians perceive of the gospel and the very person of God. -- David Cloud

Read the PDF Book Now
David Cloud? LOL!

I'll read Clouds work. You need to read, with an open mind, The Potter's Freedom by Dr. James White. You will, if you're honest, see there is no Scripture that refutes Calvinism.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church of England?!.... This originated in Scotland! How much about this confession do you actually know?

Well, I'm glad you like it! In that case;

Chapter 9 – Of Free Will

I. God hath endued the will of man with that natural liberty, that is neither forced, nor by any absolute necessity of nature determined to good or evil.

II. Man, in his state of innocency, had freedom and power to will and to do that which is good and well-pleasing to God; but yet mutably, so that he might fall from it.

III. Man, by his fall into a state of sin, hath wholly lost all ability of will to any spiritual good accompanying salvation; so as a natural man, being altogether averse from that good, and dead in sin, is not able, by his own strength, to convert himself, or to prepare himself thereunto.

IV. When God converts a sinner and translates him into the state of grace, he freeth him from his natural bondage under sin, and, by his grace alone, enables him freely to will and to do that which is spiritually good; yet so as that, by reason of his remaining corruption, he doth not perfectly, nor only, will that which is good, but doth also will that which is evil.

V. The will of man is made perfectly and immutable free to good alone, in the state of glory only.

Chapter 10 – Of Effectual Calling

I. All those whom God hath predestinated unto life, and those only, he is pleased, in his appointed and accepted time, effectually to call, by his Word and Spirit, out of that state of sin and death in which they are by nature, to grace and salvation by Jesus Christ: enlightening their minds, spiritually and savingly, to understand the things of God, taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them an heart of flesh; renewing their wills, and by his almighty power determining them to that which is good; and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ; yet so as they come most freely, being made willing by his grace.

II. This effectual call is of God’s free and special grace alone, not from any thing at all foreseen in man, who is altogether passive therein, until, being quickened and renewed by the Holy Spirit, he is thereby enabled to answer this call, and to embrace the grace offered and conveyed in it.

III. Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated and saved by Christ through the Spirit, who worketh when, and where, and how he pleaseth. So also are all other elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.

IV. Others, not elected, although they may be called by the ministry of the Word, and may have some common operations of the Spirit, yet they never truly come to Christ, and therefore can not be saved: much less can men, not professing the Christian religion, be saved in any other way whatsoever, be they never so diligent to frame their lives according to the light of nature, and the law of that religion they do profess; and to assert and maintain that they may is without warrant of the Word of God.

The problem? Those who attack Calvinism don't even know what it really teaches, which is why when it is revealed to them, they ignore it and carry on in ignorance.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were invited to go line by line and show where you differ...you have failed to do so because you cannot deny the truth without showing openly how foolish this thread was

Exactly. He hasn't really read them, he is merely dismissing them as they are being posted. Looks like he's not interested in truth, or reading, just condemning others in ignorance.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Core1Issue,

Here is an offer, would you go line by line with the texts given in the Confession, and discuss them? Or, are you only going to continue your one-liners with no substantiated claims?

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Core1Issue,

Here is an offer, would you go line by line with the texts given in the Confession, and discuss them? Or, are you only going to continue your one-liners with no substantiated claims?

I would love this, but sadly I don't see it happening. If he did, there is just too much truth to refute.

Here's hoping though!

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. And when they read the Confession, they read it like:
View attachment 5436

.... yep. It is absolutely defending free will..... Sigh...
.View attachment 5437
EXACTLY!!! And I live the comeback "We don't need a confession, all we need is the Bible" and they get it wrong on so many turns, and then to top that off they belong to a church that has a Statement of Faith, generally very weak and short, to which they adhere. It is the exact same thing as having a Confession! Except they rarely if ever teach it.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

Here's one of the Confessions:

Chapter 9 – Of Free Will

I. God hath endued the will of man with that natural liberty, that is neither forced, nor by any absolute necessity of nature determined to good or evil.

II. Man, in his state of innocency, had freedom and power to will and to do that which is good and well-pleasing to God; but yet mutably, so that he might fall from it.

III. Man, by his fall into a state of sin, hath wholly lost all ability of will to any spiritual good accompanying salvation; so as a natural man, being altogether averse from that good, and dead in sin, is not able, by his own strength, to convert himself, or to prepare himself thereunto.

IV. When God converts a sinner and translates him into the state of grace, he freeth him from his natural bondage under sin, and, by his grace alone, enables him freely to will and to do that which is spiritually good; yet so as that, by reason of his remaining corruption, he doth not perfectly, nor only, will that which is good, but doth also will that which is evil.

V. The will of man is made perfectly and immutable free to good alone, in the state of glory only.

Chapter 10 – Of Effectual Calling

I. All those whom God hath predestinated unto life, and those only, he is pleased, in his appointed and accepted time, effectually to call, by his Word and Spirit, out of that state of sin and death in which they are by nature, to grace and salvation by Jesus Christ: enlightening their minds, spiritually and savingly, to understand the things of God, taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them an heart of flesh; renewing their wills, and by his almighty power determining them to that which is good; and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ; yet so as they come most freely, being made willing by his grace.

II. This effectual call is of God’s free and special grace alone, not from any thing at all foreseen in man, who is altogether passive therein, until, being quickened and renewed by the Holy Spirit, he is thereby enabled to answer this call, and to embrace the grace offered and conveyed in it.

III. Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated and saved by Christ through the Spirit, who worketh when, and where, and how he pleaseth. So also are all other elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.

IV. Others, not elected, although they may be called by the ministry of the Word, and may have some common operations of the Spirit, yet they never truly come to Christ, and therefore can not be saved: much less can men, not professing the Christian religion, be saved in any other way whatsoever, be they never so diligent to frame their lives according to the light of nature, and the law of that religion they do profess; and to assert and maintain that they may is without warrant of the Word of God.

If you accept @Preacher4Truth 's challenge, here it is.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confessions are not the Bible. All religions have statements of beliefs.

If God already decided where everyone goes with no freewill involved there is nothing to discuss or debate.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confessions are not the Bible. All religions have statements of beliefs.

If God already decided where everyone goes with no freewill involved there is nothing to discuss or debate.
But there is; the Romans 9:20 man who replies against God's means, as you are.

But I get it, you really don't have any interest in the truth, discussing what the Scriptures actually say, and how we get our beliefs from them. You'd rather go ad hominem in ignorance, obviously that is easier for you.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But I get it, you really don't have any interest in the truth, discussing what the Scriptures actually say, and how we get our beliefs from them. You'd rather go ad hominem in ignorance, obviously that is easier for you.
sugar helps with the taste of heresy.jpg

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Per Calvanism I have no choice where I go.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per Calvanism I have no choice where I go.

It's hard to believe you know anything about Calvinism when you can't even spell it correctly bro.

All you're showing is that you trust in yourself more than you trust in God. You trust in your gospel and choosing yourself into heaven instead of trusting Him and that he did it all.

God chose whom he willed to save based on nothing in them. So, either give God all the glory, or continue to give yourself part of it. I choose 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. Nothing, nothing, nothing in that passage or anywhere else shows we chose ourselves in him. He did it. Soli Deo Gloria.

Besides, it makes no difference against the truth, you cannot circumvent God's means of salvation simply by choosing yourself into heaven. All must enter through the gate, which is Jesus and his way. You cannot climb the fence into the fold your way.