CALVINISM: The height of Spiritual depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why look to Red Baker? You have so often painted yourself as the authority on regeneration.
Gods word has the authority on regeneration.

I just post his “ Living “ word on the subject..sorry if you look at it that way, LOL,xx

Matthew 7:16-20

King James Version

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't say anything about any saved person. I spoke only about the Calvinist claim that only the regenerated can hear, see and believe anything about God, Christ and the gospel. Clearly, that is denied in the parable of the sower.
How can anyone hear without being regenerated.?

Explain what hearing means, without being regenerated?

How can anyone hear without the Spirit regenerating our spirit and bringing it to life in Gods Son?

Reactions: Red Baker

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I just post his “ Living “ word on the subject..sorry if you look at it that way, LOL,xx
You, like all of us, don't just post his living word on the subject, We all add our own interpretation to the meaning of such posts. Otherwise, why bother?

Clearly you were not asking Red Baker to just post the "Living" word on the subject. You were asking him to comment on it, to tell you what he thought it meant.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Matthew 7:16-20​

King James Version​

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
And Matthew 12. Who makes the tree? God makes you and me as either the good tree or the bad tree.
Those born of God, they are the good tree. We are all made by God as in God created each of us, but we must be created again as a New Creation in Christ to be the good tree, as the original tree is corrupted by Satan, sin, lusts, and this world.

A Tree Known by Its Fruit​

33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

34 Brood[f] of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

35 A good man out of the good treasure [g]of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

The fruit of our lips either justifies or condemns us.
People never stop talking.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You, like all of us, don't just post his living word on the subject, We all add our own interpretation to the meaning of such posts. Otherwise, why bother?

Clearly you were not asking Red Baker to just post the "Living" word on the subject. You were asking him to comment on it, to tell you what he thought it meant.
And why shouldn’t I ask him what it meant?

I have posted the Living word of God and have voiced no opinion on his word, Gods word is self explanatory.

A Born Again is Born Again of imperishable seed...that is not my opinion that is Gods word?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can anyone hear without being regenerated.?

Explain what hearing means, without being regenerated?

How can anyone hear without the Spirit regenerating our spirit and bringing it to life in Gods Son?
The very fact that you have asked those questions demonstrates that you do not understand what regeneration means and is. And you are not alone in that. Calvinism/Reformed Theology has it wrong as well.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And Matthew 12. Who makes the tree? God makes you and me as either the good tree or the bad tree.
Those born of God, they are the good tree. We are all made by God as in God created each of us, but we must be created again as a New Creation in Christ to be the good tree, as the original tree is corrupted by Satan, sin, lusts, and this world.

A Tree Known by Its Fruit​

33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

34 Brood[f] of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

35 A good man out of the good treasure [g]of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
A Born Again is Born Again of imperishable seed...therefore has been grafted into the true vine?

Therefore will bear the fruit of Jesus .....because they are Born Again.

Reactions: Scott Downey

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why shouldn’t I ask him what it meant?

I have posted the Living word of God and have voiced no opinion on his word, Gods word is self explanatory.

A Born Again is Born Again of imperishable seed...that is not my opinion that is Gods word?
But it is your opinion what "Born Again of imperishable seed" means.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The very fact that you have asked those questions demonstrates that you do not understand what regeneration means and is. And you are not alone in that. Calvinism/Reformed Theology has it wrong as well.
I know exactly what being Born Again of imperishable seed means.

Again I ask @JBO ....how can one hear God without first being regenerated?

What needs to be regenerated in us?

I’m asking you the question, which seems to upset you....if you don’t think I understand regeneration...then why not explain what you believe it means, using scripture?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But it is your opinion what "Born Again of imperishable seed" means.
It’s Gods word there,,,,what does it mean?
Explain this scripture?.... @JBO ?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is it, you think all people can hear the Spirit of God? Well, they cannot unless regenerated first. And the scripture says that or I would not believe it.

Those who are of the devil cannot hear Christ, so He spoke to them in parables, as they could bear that, yet they did not understand what He was speaking to them.
Parables or Illustrations save no one yet they are still true, there just is no understanding of them unless revealed plainly to a person by the Spirit. And even born-again people do not understand parables unless plainly told the truth.

John 10
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”

6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Parable of the Sower Explained​

13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word.

This He spoke to His disciples. He had to explain all parables to them. However Jesus was not yet glorified, so the Spirit was not yet given.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit​

37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those [g]believing in Him would receive; for the [h]Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s Gods word there,,,,what does it mean?
Explain this scripture?.... @JBO ?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I have explained it to you so many times already and you have either ignored or outright rejected what I have said.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have explained it to you so many times already and you have either ignored or outright rejected what I have said.
You have explained regeneration?

Where I ask?

All you have to do is quote Gods Living word....?

Then interpret it for me?

You said in a post that you didn’t know what Born Again meant did you not. @JBO?
You said, why do we need to be Born Again anyway?
I can post what you said if you like?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it, you think all people can hear the Spirit of God? Well, they cannot unless regenerated first. And the scripture says that or I would not believe it.
Oh My, there certainly is a wagon load of egotism and self-righteous in that statement.

No the Scripture does not say that.
Those who are of the devil cannot hear Christ, so He spoke to them in parables, as they could bear that, yet they did not understand what He was speaking
Can the devil hear Christ? Is the devil not of the devil.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said in a post that you didn’t know what Born Again meant did you not. @JBO?
You said, why do we need to be Born Again anyway?
I can post what you said if you like?
And you think that meant I didn't think I understood why we need to be born again? Oh where to even begin?

T

Tulipbee

Well, well, well, folks! Gather 'round as we embark on a divine comedy, featuring Calvinism, Arminianism, and the truth – a theological trinity with more plot twists than a Shakespearean drama!

First off, let's set the stage – Truth, our main character, only hangs out with the Bible crew (Psalm 119:98-100) and thinks anything esteemed by men is a divine eye-roll (Luke 6:26). Talk about being picky with the entourage!

Now, in the left corner, sporting a theological hat, we have Arminianism – the theistic humanism, the "make salvation great again" team. They're all about human cooperation, God's hands tied by fairness, and salvation being an offer you can't refuse. You know, like a divine pizza delivery.

And in the right corner, wearing a TULIP-themed cape, it's Calvinism – the theistic fatalism, the "God's got this" squad. Total depravity, unconditional election, limited atonement – it's like a theological acronym party. They're all about God doing the heavy lifting while we sit back and enjoy the salvation show.

But, dear audience, let's not forget the juicy plot twist – the Truth calls out both teams for some questionable plays. Arminians, with their freewill shenanigans, are accused of peddling the same lie that started this cosmic drama in the Garden of Eden. And Calvinists? Well, they're on the fence about irresistible grace and whether the gospel needs a personal delivery guy.

In this divine sitcom, we navigate through Augustine, Pelagius, John Calvin – the characters just keep coming! And don't get me started on the Council of Trent – it's like the Met Gala of theological showdowns.

But wait, there's more! Final Perseverance – the grand finale. Is it a divine guarantee or just divine preservation? It's like arguing over the plot of a blockbuster movie – will the heroes make it to the end or not?

So, buckle up, theology enthusiasts! This divine comedy is a rollercoaster of doctrine, with twists, turns, and more theological acronyms than you can shake a Bible at. As the curtain falls, let's remember – whether you're Team Arminian, Team Calvinist, or just Team Bible Buff, the divine drama keeps us all on the edge of our heavenly seats! ✨

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And you think that meant I didn't think I understood why we need to be born again? Oh where to even begin?
What was the meaning of your post then?

When you said why do we need to be Born Again anyway?