Calvinism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Heck, on this very forum, you can clearly see that Calvinists are not well accepted.” @Mjh29

So true!
Wow! You are my brothers in Christ. I accept you as such. We're part of the same family, on the same team, following the same Shepherd, indwelled by the same Spirit, given the same commission, etc.

I predict that the practice of labeling will come to a halt when Christians are so persecuted that we don't care anymore who leans toward Calvin or Arminius, or the Wesleys, or Luther....

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Please tell me what "wadr" means. I've been trying to figure it out, but my brain can't take that much hard work. :)
with all due respect :)

and ps, you can just highlight it and then search it (in Chrome) or even copy/paste it into a google bar, and i say this bc you can even do this for phrases you might come across for more info etc. i would be revealed for the ignoramus that i am without all this lol

Reactions: Nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MJ, I assume that the pretty woman in your avatar is your wife. Do you just know about her, or do you know her? And do you know her completely, or are there things about her that you don't yet know or understand?

I suspect that you would say that you know her, but you wouldn't dare say that you know EVERYTHING about her. Truth is a PERSON--Jesus Christ. Our goal as Christians is to KNOW HIM more and more fully and be like Him and reflect His nature in our everyday lives. I hope that none of us would claim that we know Him completely. Even Paul said that we know in part, but we will know even as we are fully known.

When we whittle Christianity down to denominational doctrine, we miss the best element of being a Christian--KNOWING HIM, LOVING HIM. We may win a denominational debate battle, but lose the war of love, which is clearly THE commandment given to us by our Lord! Please, hear my heart on this; I fail everyday at loving as He does.

Why not just admit that we don't yet fully know Him, who is the whole Truth, and agree to disagree with our Christian brothers and sisters about denominational doctrine and move on? Time is short. I think that there will come a day when we regret spending so much time and energy debating other Christians about these things. I know I have regrets along these lines.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
with all due respect :)

and ps, you can just highlight it and then search it (in Chrome) or even copy/paste it into a google bar, and i say this bc you can even do this for phrases you might come across for more info etc. i would be revealed for the ignoramus that i am without all this lol
Thank you! The mystery is solved. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it wasn't an attack on her....I am just replying my thoughts....why did you think it was? I am just reading this thread for the first time…..:rolleyes:

No worries...it just read on our side of the screen it came across as a bit harsh.
And seemed unnecessary...but no harm done.. :)

Bless you...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is love...Yes that is true but God is also so much more than just love. You may not take the position I do but that does not leave you off the hook when others question you on your God of love. God knew everything before creating and still made the world knowing billions would go to hell. God approved the slaughter of many in the Conquest of Canaan (women and children too) and He Himself wiped out all mankind in the flood. So, for the reasons you don't accept what I believe, there are many, many more who won't accept your view of a loving God held in light to certain scriptures.

Yes in the OT God is shown as a God of Judgement...
But most people believe that when they were killed they went staright to hell.
I DO NOT.

Take the time of Joshua 7 and Achans sin.

He took the Babalonish garment and hid it.
We know the story...He was taken, and all his extended family..and his kids, wives, AND all his animals ....the ground opened up and swallowed them.
That was judgement of this life...they lost it...it is not the final judgement.

Any more than Sodom and Gomorrha
Matt 10.15
Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.”

No one has been judged yet...because the Day of Judgment has not arrived.

So many believe that God delights in zapping people off to hell without a second thought.

We have not seen the end of anyones story ...yet.
Including King Saul and Judas too.

"there but for the grace of God go any one of us..."
Yet we exalt ourselves ...
I would not want to be in any mans shoes when we all stand before God...and He shows many how hard and harsh they actually believed Him to be!! Woe on them...

Reactions: Episkopos

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In a rush to defend Calvin, you missed my main point. Why divide the body of Christ with man’s understanding of the scriptures. When we stand before the judgment seat of Christ, it will not be as Calvinists or Arminians!

AMEN!!! Well said.

....Thumb.gif

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes in the OT God is shown as a God of Judgement...
But most people believe that when they were killed they went staright to hell.
I DO NOT.

Take the time of Joshua 7 and Achans sin.

He took the Babalonish garment and hid it.
We know the story...He was taken, and all his extended family..and his kids, wives, AND all his animals ....the ground opened up and swallowed them.
That was judgement of this life...they lost it...it is not the final judgement.

Any more than Sodom and Gomorrha
Matt 10.15
Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.”

No one has been judged yet...because the Day of Judgment has not arrived.

So many believe that God delights in zapping people off to hell without a second thought.

We have not seen the end of anyones story ...yet.
Including King Saul and Judas too.

"there but for the grace of God go any one of us..."
Yet we exalt ourselves ...
I would not want to be in any mans shoes when we all stand before God...and He shows many how hard and harsh they actually believed Him to be!! Woe on them...

In many ways...we will meet the God who we believe in. To the merciful, He will be merciful. But to the hard...He will show Himself as hard.

Ps. 18:24 Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness,
According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.
25 With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful;
With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;
26 With the pure You will show Yourself pure;
And with the devious You will show Yourself shrewd.
27 For You will save the humble people,
But will bring down haughty looks.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If as we know, the First Adam dropped us all in...it follows that Jesus, the Last Adam brought us all out! Right?

If as we know, the First Adam dropped us all in...it follows that Jesus, the Last Adam brought us all out! Right?

Correct! In Adam all die (meaning each and every) we read in 1 Corinthians 15:22. However, the next word “all” cannot mean “each and every) for we read in Mathew 1:21, “for he will save His people (all believers ) from their sins.”

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: LC627

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is a "Wait and see"...I still don't agree that all is not all.

But time will tell. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please tell me what "wadr" means. I've been trying to figure it out, but my brain can't take that much hard work. :)

Maybe he already answered you..."wadr" is short for "With all due respect" ...most of us looked it up, or he told us...and then after a while we forget again...it took me a long to to remember it. :D

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe he already answered you..."wadr" is short for "With all due respect" ...most of us looked it up, or he told us...and then after a while we forget again...it took me a long to to remember it. :D
Yes, he did answer. I have a hard time keeping all these abbreviations straight. It's like another language. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, he did answer. I have a hard time keeping all these abbreviations straight. It's like another language. :)

It wont take you very long...I'm as thick as a plank...and now I don't have any problem with it any more. :)

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But not all are wicked. Mr. washer is a poster boy for this nonsense....and false teaching. Otherwise he wouldn't be popular in this time of the great falling away from the truth.

Look out for what the itching ears have raised up as a teacher. Be wise.

Some people are wicked. Some are righteous. Some are holy. And some are a discredit to holiness (the filthy)....the false teachers.

You can't put God in a box. But you also can't put people in a box.

We all fall short of God’s glory. None are righteous. None.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We all fall short of God’s glory. None are righteous. None.

Unless God says so.

No one is as righteous as God...that is what the verse that everyone seems to misquote means.

Go is an expert on righteousness. He practically invented it. :)

So we leave judgment to God. He has a knack for it.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a "Wait and see"...I still don't agree that all is not all.

But time will tell. :)

You may not agree, and are you suggesting you believe in universal salvation? If that is the case, no one will go to hell yet Scripture tell us today hell will heavily be populated.

Not only that! You are suggesting without knowing it, that you know more than God, because He said He will save HIS people from their sins!

That’s amazing!!! Because we know it now without “wait and see.”

Do you remember the discussion we had ln the past with 1 Corinthians 15:22? I gave you the example that the second word “all” cannot mean “each and every?”

Luke 2:1 reads:
...that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that “all” the world should be taxed.

During that time, there were other countries that existed, like China for instance, were they taxed also? Of course not! Only those countries that Rome conquered and occupied were taxed, and NOT the whole world.

Your memory has failed you this time and because your theology is not par with Scripture even with others!!!

To God Be The Glory

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not agree, and are you suggesting you believe in universal salvation? If that is the case, no one will go to hell yet Scripture tell us today hell will heavily be populated.

Not only that! You are suggesting without knowing it, that you know more than God, because He said He will save HIS people from their sins!

That’s amazing!!! Because we know it now without “wait and see.”

Do you remember the discussion we had ln the past with 1 Corinthians 15:22? I gave you the example that the second word “all” cannot mean “each and every?”

Luke 2:1 reads:
...that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that “all” the world should be taxed.

During that time, there were other countries that existed, like China for instance, were they taxed also? Of course not! Only those countries that Rome conquered and occupied were taxed, and NOT the whole world.

Your memory has failed you this time and because your theology is not par with Scripture even with others!!!

To God Be The Glory

Good post,

John 12:19 - So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

Acts 17:6 - 6But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other believers before the city officials, shouting: "These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here,

here is a modern day illustration...."Christianity Board users are ALL Christians."

Reactions: Jun2u

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:19 - So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

Acts 17:6 - 6But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some other believers before the city officials, shouting: "These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here,

Excellent!!! I hadn't read these verses before. Thanks for posting them. Surely, I learn things every day. I'm glad there are true believers in these forums besides me. I can say this without a doubt because I am a true believer! God bears witness with my spirit that I am, Romans 8:16.

To God Be The Glory

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent!!! I hadn't read these verses before. Thanks for posting them. Surely, I learn things every day. I'm glad there are true believers in these forums besides me. I can say this without a doubt because I am a true believer! God bears witness with my spirit that I am, Romans 8:16.

To God Be The Glory

Romans 8:16 is a beautiful verse!

Reactions: Jun2u