Can a Christian be only partly saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
default_laugh.png
Yep, and not even half of that "good news" they preach has any truth to it at all. Hey, lets just go around telling every non-believer how much of an inept despot God really is...yep that's been working out pretty well hasn't it? We have people here who believe in the hell fire doctrine, since they believe that everyone who isn't a believer automatically gets drop kicked into the lake of fire. I can't freaking stand it, because every time I ask these people to point out where it ever states that every single soul that is not of the bride of Christ gets tossed into the fire, I get nothing.
I don't care for hell fire preaching.
Grew up with it.

But are you saying that non-believers in God can go to be with Him?
If so, how do you figure that?
Is there a verse for it or you just come to that conclusion??

Reactions: pastor marty

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
*****Answering a ques. w/a ques is called the Socratic method and used by all good shrinks ! The truth is I havn't a clue ( this is where we do the 2 or more gathered together thing & toss this potato 2 the holy 1) I know hell is real/I hope purgatory is also/have been 2 the Disney version of same/scared me into repenting/I'm not jesting/when yer in a place w/out hope/surrounded by death&pain/& no las Vegas bookie would even give ya sucker odds of gitten out alive/That;BRO;is HELL !! (or just that hell is the absence of GOD !) Think I'll go 2 a AA?NA meeting/hold hands wwwwwwww/(nerve damage agin/finger gittin tired) anyhow;; hold hands w/30 others like me & say the Lords prayer & try 2 really mean it !!.......<m>
Why do you hope purgatory is real?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't care for hell fire preaching.
Grew up with it.

But are you saying that non-believers in God can go to be with Him?
If so, how do you figure that?
Is there a verse for it or you just come to that conclusion??
Agreed. I thought we were discussing those who had heard of Him and turned Him down.
2 Timothy 2:11-13
the First Son heard, and turned Him down.
The Good Samaritan would not want to have the slightest little bit to do with the theology of the Priest or the Levite passing by on the other side of the road; never in a million years.

"...and he was a Samaritan."

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, it is.
I assume you like Moto Guzzis and Ducatis? :) And Fiats maybe?
Ducati is nice.
Fiat's NO!
The 500 is cute. Like a baby car.
But only babies fit in it!
LOL
It would be nice to take a ride on a 1300.
Oh well.
Be careful...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
the First Son heard, and turned Him down.
The Good Samaritan would not want to have the slightest little bit to do with the theology of the Priest or the Levite passing by on the other side of the road; never in a million years.

"...and he was a Samaritan."
Who was the First Son that turned Jesus down??
Samaritans may not have liked priests (or Levites) but the feeling was mutual. In fact, I think Judaens hated Samaritans more than S hated J.
That's how I remember it. (yeah, I'm REALLY old).

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i didn't say he turned Jesus down, but the First Son of the Vineyard Owner said he would not go, and yet he went anyway. The Second Son said he would go, but did not.
The details are left up to you
Oh. The Parable of the Two Sons.
Gotcha.
Who did the Father's will?
The one who went...
Actions speak louder than words.

Reactions: bbyrd009

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*****"Eienstein was the boob who said:"I seek 2 know the mind of GOD all else is just details" All you'll B remembered as is an amorphous cretin who confused slandering his betters with pseudo-hip comments as intelligence ; telling everyone that anyone smarter than U is going 2 hell and in general being a vexation 2 the Spirit !! "4 example as U would say" <m> my last post 2U !!
Yet he never did, and BTW I'm a top 5 percent intellect by standard testing and I still think its meaningless, always was, always will be.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow ! 5 whole assemblies/makes U an expert/I take it ? & 100,000+ vets agree that the holier than thou attitude and the instant condemnation from pompous Christians is what kept them away from GOD.Just abt. every christan handout/pamphlet says it on pg. 1...Leave your Chrystal Palace and pool the opinions in a homeless shelter some time.You'd B amazed (Nah.ya wouldn't,you'd just point out their shortcomings) <m>
Been there, done that, still think you're a proponent of hogwash.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely those who are born from above know better than making a call like that ? But then again ? There are some very very odd 'believers' out there that I have come across..
Yes and some call themselves pastors but speak evil of the brethren. Just climbing on the backs of others to make themselves seem like something.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i didn't say he turned Jesus down, but the First Son of the Vineyard Owner said he would not go, and yet he went anyway. The Second Son said he would go, but did not.
The details are left up to you

Agree...and so we wait to see...we have no idea who is who or what is what.
It always come back the 'the heart' as the parable of the Vineyard shows us.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure.
Wasn't it Einstein who said, just before dying, there must be a God or all this could not be possible.
No. It was Darwin...
Einstein spoke about the existence of God in a universal sense, but missed the obvious lessons of history in the fulfillment of scripture. Of course, he's far from alone in that. I read his book on relativity back when I was a kid and was always impressed with his achievements, but I've read enough about him to know that he was inept in significant ways. What can you say about someone who kept a closet of the same suits, just so he wouldn't have to think about which one to wear. The guy was a little off.

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like the hell fire preachers?
Hell fire preachers typically preach to a Christian audience or group that came to see them preach. One was Theodore Sturgeon, who though renowned for his theological treatises was also a free mason, a group known for their self righteous works based doctrines. He was Christian, but clearly heavily influenced by free masonry.

Reactions: pia