Can anybody really tell what time it is?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This above statement alone is the heart of your comments.

Which is like saying there is nothing unseen, but only that which is seen is true. Or like saying there is nothing spiritual about what is written, but only what it means as it applies to the world and living in it.

Do you not know, that "all things come in parables?"

If I tell you the interpretation of what is written and you do not see the spirit in the words, it is not that the words are without spirit, but rather that you do not have eyes to see. And if you do not have a mind to receive it, but rather a mind to reject that which is of the spirit of God...you will not receive it.

The Lord has placed before us (in His word and in the world) life and death, and counsels that we "therefore choose life." I do the same.

Hello @ScottA ,

You have mis-judged me. Which is a shame. Your judgement is not true. Thankfully the Lord knows my heart, and He alone can make a righteous judgment.

Every Blessing my friend.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh, you might be surprised :) others can make them too i guess
maybe even everyone can, just depending upon the subject or something
It is the Lord's will "that none should perish, but that all should come to repentance." So, it is a repeated theme that He puts before men the choice of life and death, and advises "therefore, choose life." This, He did to Israel, and also to the apostles.

Each version speaks to a different ear.
amen, but imo you gotta listen when 3 witnesses are all testifying to the same thing about your...interpretation, too. (4?) So i would say that it was def a test, but not of the Sanhedrin in the passage, who 2 accounts at least witness as agreeing with Christ and being agreed with by Him; and 3 accounts cannot condemn, at least anywhere that i can see? Certainly not like the "John's authority was from where?" passage, at least, imo.

but the other Trans might present a diff picture, too, ya. good point.
(Imo go build one from the Lex--where Scripture is suddenly no longer "Holy," etc--and get away from those scribes!)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This above statement alone is the heart of your comments.
gotta say i'm leaning her way, too. Even if i would entertain your perspectives there, i love that stuff, but prolly for every hundred only a couple will end up being valid. Imo they are valuable for freeing the perspective if nothing else, so that the spiritual intent can be interpreted, but again imo you gotta trust trusted witnesses when you're putting your interp through the fire

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, you might be surprised :) others can make them too i guess
maybe even everyone can, just depending upon the subject or something
amen, but imo you gotta listen when 3 witnesses are all testifying to the same thing about your...interpretation, too. (4?) So i would say that it was def a test, but not of the Sanhedrin in the passage, who 2 accounts at least witness as agreeing with Christ and being agreed with by Him; and 3 accounts cannot condemn, at least anywhere that i can see? Certainly not like the "John's authority was from where?" passage, at least, imo.

but the other Trans might present a diff picture, too, ya. good point.
(Imo go build one from the Lex--where Scripture is suddenly no longer "Holy," etc--and get away from those scribes!)
Indeed. This shows the Lord letting His light shine forth in spite of what was shining forth from the hill upon which Israel had been placed. What they may have meant for evil, He meant for good.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gotta say i'm leaning her way, too. Even if i would entertain your perspectives there, i love that stuff, but prolly for every hundred only a couple will end up being valid. Imo they are valuable for freeing the perspective if nothing else, so that the spiritual intent can be interpreted, but again imo you gotta trust trusted witnesses when you're putting your interp through the fire
I understand.

But that is not the precedent that we have been given. But rather that the chosen repeatedly falter and are in need of correction - not from me, but from God, whom by Him comes from the mouth of very few (two or three) witnesses...rejected and under attack, because men would rather believe a lie.

So, then, the truth is declared nonetheless against the tide of would-be children of God whose intentions are good, but of the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
rejected and under attack, because men would rather believe a lie.
"when i defend myself, i am attacked."
So, then, the truth is declared nonetheless against the tide of would-be children of God whose intentions are good, but of the world.
if they cannot hear the prophets, then they won't hear someone come back from the dead, either, i spose
better to encourage their sin in that case, like God does i guess

Reactions: Truth

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"when i defend myself, i am attacked."
if they cannot hear the prophets, then they won't hear someone come back from the dead, either, i spose
better to encourage their sin in that case, like God does i guess
Yes. Nonetheless, He (through men) declares things before they come about, for those who do have an ear to hear.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly, many people forget to turn on their hearing aid device or use it.

If people have an ear to hear

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Nonetheless, He (through men) declares things before they come about, for those who do have an ear to hear.
on point Scott. Titus 1:1 "Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour".

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

"well i see You give more than i can take;
will i only harvest some?"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and of course we have plenty of prophets predicting Armageddon, huh, just like always imo. I see a way in which this garners an audience, the bigger the better, so as to make it come to pass via sheer force of belief; self-fulfilling prophecy iow

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and of course we have plenty of prophets predicting Armageddon, huh, just like always imo. I see a way in which this garners an audience, the bigger the better, so as to make it come to pass via sheer force of belief; self-fulfilling prophecy iow
Indeed, unfortunately, the will of men manifest in the world rather than the will of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
One cannot change what is written.
then why leave the world?

the end might be known from the beginning, by God, in the same way a parent might perceive how one of their children's matters might likely pan out, but to suggest that today has already been set in stone is to misunderstand, imo.
God was "sorry" He had done things, etc. is sorry, whatever

you seem to postulate a dead universe, created for no reason

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why leave the world?

the end might be known from the beginning, by God, in the same way a parent might perceive how one of their children's matters might likely pan out, but to suggest that today has already been set in stone is to misunderstand, imo.
God was "sorry" He had done things, etc. is sorry, whatever
Your position and understanding is worldly and has God contradicting Himself when He says, "before the foundation of the world."

But not even science supports the idea that we walk through time making things up as we go or evolving, but rather that it is the illusion that I have been explaining.