Can anybody really tell what time it is?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
the end might be known from the beginning, by God, in the same way a parent might perceive how one of their children's matters might likely pan out, but to suggest that today has already been set in stone is to misunderstand, imo.

From my perspective, while the beginning and the end are known. It is the path(s) from point a to point b and the length of time in between that are variables. Thus I agree, "today" is not set in stone. However, there is no guarantee beyond "today".

God was "sorry" He had done things, etc. is sorry, whatever

The binyan Niphal here is not what "God" is doing, but what is happening to "God". IOW: It is not "God" performing the action, but participating in it as in undergoing or suffering the effects.

i.e.: "God" suffered grief.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It would depend on the context: If from God's timeless perspective, then "before the foundation of the world." If in the context of the cross, then that very "hour." If in the context of the worldly timeline according to witnesses, then at Pentecost. In the context of any individual believer, then "before the foundation of the world"...or..."today", that day of first belief.

Does not Daniel 7:13-14 describe a time when the events of the Son of Man being given dominion over the peoples of the earth occurs in heaven with God, the Ancient of days being seated in the court that was set up in the telling of this prophetic word.

As usual, ScottA, you have given a nonsense answer in line with your theory without understanding or a revelation from the Holy Spirit that I can discern within your response. Time does exist within God's timeline of reference, Genesis 1 confirms this yet you make it very difficult to take anything that you may write seriously. Daniel 7:13-14 is still in our near future both within God's timeline as well as within man's timeline of reference.

If it has already happened in the past before the foundation of the world, then the beasts prophecy in Daniel 7:1-12 has not happened within man's timeline, but I can assure you scottA, that the Daniel 7:1-12 prophecy is still unfolding at this very time on man's reference timeline and the end of the Daniel 7:1-12 prophecy will draw to it's prophesied conclusion in our near future. If your spirit source is not confirming this within your spirit, then perhaps you have a bigger problem than Houston Had with the returning Apollo mission when they momentarily lost control of the spacecraft. It seems to me that you have lost control of your craft.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does not Daniel 7:13-14 describe a time when the events of the Son of Man being given dominion over the peoples of the earth occurs in heaven with God, the Ancient of days being seated in the court that was set up in the telling of this prophetic word.

As usual, ScottA, you have given a nonsense answer in line with your theory without understanding or a revelation from the Holy Spirit that I can discern within your response. Time does exist within God's timeline of reference, Genesis 1 confirms this yet you make it very difficult to take anything that you may write seriously. Daniel 7:13-14 is still in our near future both within God's timeline as well as within man's timeline of reference.

If it has already happened in the past before the foundation of the world, then the beasts prophecy in Daniel 7:1-12 has not happened within man's timeline, but I can assure you scottA, that the Daniel 7:1-12 prophecy is still unfolding at this very time on man's reference timeline and the end of the Daniel 7:1-12 prophecy will draw to it's prophesied conclusion in our near future. If your spirit source is not confirming this within your spirit, then perhaps you have a bigger problem than Houston Had with the returning Apollo mission when they momentarily lost control of the spacecraft. It seems to me that you have lost control of your craft.
God speaks of His timelessness and we have been informed of our need to be born again of that same spirit and the renewing of our mind. This I have done and do, but you and most hold to your humanity, to the world, wherein time is your god, for you follow not after Jesus who entered in as I have, but follow the timeline of the world, not perceiving that it was only for revelation and the mercy of God to the tender ears and eyes of children. But you should have matured and long ago seen Him as He is. So what is left to you is the once upon a time world you prefer, and knowledge that was to deliver you, you put off until the end, preferring the children's tale and the parable.

Therefore, you do not perceive that Christ has come in the clouds and that He reigns even now, and that the dominion of the beast is taken away, while you go about as men did during the times before Noah entered the arch. Turn then to time and your timeline, and see if science does not even tell you that it is all an illusion.

I have declared to you the truth of God for this time. But no one speaks of the sounding of the seventh angel. He who has an ear, let him hear.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah; someone just forgot to tell the Superbugs i guess
No...but that is the story as it is revealed to men: signs, not of the world and its riddles, but of God.

If God is nothing like all of this that you consider truth in spite of what is written, why should you side with what is contrary to God and be deceived?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God speaks of His timelessness and we have been informed of our need to be born again of that same spirit and the renewing of our mind.
we are manifest into time, however, and the fact that God exists outside of time is not a call for us to attempt to dwell there too, imo.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If God is nothing like all of this that you consider truth in spite of what is written, why should you side with what is contrary to God and be deceived?
ha well obv part 1 answers part 2, but you have not identified what "i consider truth in spite of what is written" here, at least not clear enough for me, sorry

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree, but Scott seems not to?
The path from a to b is revelation...and Christ has explained that it is so because we could not bear it all at once. But from a timeless and eternal God, why do you give credit to the world where moths eat and rust breaks down and flesh decays?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are manifest into time, however, and the fact that God exists outside of time is not a call for us to attempt to dwell there too, imo.
You opinion is incorrect.

Jesus came that we should be set free from the world, to be raised up, to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect, and that where He is we should be also.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well obv part 1 answers part 2, but you have not identified what "i consider truth in spite of what is written" here, at least not clear enough for me, sorry
What you consider truth as you look to the world around you, is as a theater set made up to reveal actual truth - not to become your truth, as if curtains and props were of any greater value.

No, it is the message that you should be focused on, not the set.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The path from a to b is revelation...and Christ has explained that it is so because we could not bear it all at once. But from a timeless and eternal God, why do you give credit to the world where moths eat and rust breaks down and flesh decays?
bc those also occur in the Earth, our domain, where we are called to manifest. i am called to leave the world, not the earth, iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You opinion is incorrect.

Jesus came that we should be set free from the world, to be raised up, to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect, and that where He is we should be also.
"on earth as it is in heaven," yes

"leave the world" means "get back to earth" imo, not "go into orbit"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bc those also occur in the Earth, our domain, where we are called to manifest. i am called to leave the world, not the earth, iow
No. Those things do not occur in the new earth: "all things" have become new.

But if you perceive decay, etc. then you are still in the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
KOSMOU

well, you are going to die a physical death someday, right; and will witness plenty of decay between now and then, even as you grasp a concept of "no decay" some...where else, simultaneously, right. Denying decay is not leaving the world; or maybe, i guess it is, but it def isn't leaving the earth, you are still here, right, even if you are advocating trips to Mars, so to speak

ERETS

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

iow, "amen, and amen," or close enough anyway, and it is we who must marry two sticks, Jesus won't help you lol, are there unclean foods you could eat, or not iow. If i offer you meat that was first offered to an Idol, do you sin when you eat it or not

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iow, "amen, and amen," or close enough anyway, and it is we who must marry two sticks, Jesus won't help you lol, are there unclean foods you could eat, or not iow. If i offer you meat that was first offered to an Idol, do you sin when you eat it or not
What does darkness have to do with light? That is schizophrenia. Iron mixed with clay crumbles.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Scott, can you define what "kainos" means? Does it mean, "brand new" or "refurbished like new"? Please note that this question is not about "time".