Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it shows how Christ and his BLOOD brings salvation NOT WATER BAPTISM.. i'm sorry you dont understand hebrews
I have never denied that the blood brings salvation. I’m still waiting on you to show me WHEN THAT HAPPENS. Heb 9 has nothing to say about that. If it does then pin point the passage.
You must be a universalist. Since the blood saves I guess everybody is saved then?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Abraham have to believe Christ raised from the dead?
he looked BY FAITH TOWARD THE FINISHED WORKS OFF THE CROSS.. remember his Only son he told his servants .me and my son are going up to worship the Lord and were coming back down.. he made the altar was ready to carry out what GOD told him.. but God said wait there is a ram in the thicket today we look back at the finished works of the cross . you keep wanting to add works to salvation thus adding to the word of GOD . not looking good for you..unless you repent from adding to the word

Reactions: Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m still waiting on you to show me WHEN THAT HAPPENS.
done showed you open your eyes in fact i covered that in a previous post.. if you refuse to read or accept. that is your problem not mine..

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be a universalist. Since the blood saves I guess everybody is saved then?
thank you you just denied the Blood atonement that covers our sins when WE GET SAVED and that is NOT universalist BUT Bible thus saith the Lord

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the moment wE are saved NOT BAPTIZED . i took the time out and showed you justification at the point a person is Born Again
This doesn’t make since. We are still in the same position. At what point are we SAVED? There has to be a moment in time when a person goes from lost to saved. At what point does that happen? If not then I guess we are just all born again. Christ said that a person is born again through WATER and THE SPIRIT. you hate water but it keeps coming at you over and over.

..Christ was baptized did he need to be saved.
Christ didn’t have to believe either, does that mean you don’t. Christ said he was baptized “to fulfill all righteousness”. Could he have been our savior if he had NOT been baptized? No. He would have been disobedient. So, yes Christ had to be baptized but not for the remission of sins.

He Told the thief on the cross today you will be with me in paradise . please note was said before the cross the thief on the cross was NOT BAPTIZED THE ONLY MISTAKE IS YOURS
What saves us today? The gospel of Jesus Christ. We are to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to be saved. When did that gospel begin? AFTER THE THIEF DIED.

Part of the great commission is found in Lk 24
Luke 24:46-47 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
The gospel of Jesus Christ. His new covenant that you posted about in Heb 9 had a BEGINNING. And that beginning was 50 days AFTER the thief had died. So, this isn’t difficult; was the thief responsible for obedience to the gospel? NO. it had not even been preached yet. Christ had not even risen yet.
Are you responsible to be obedient to the gospel? Yes.
You and the thief have NOTHING in common when it comes to salvation.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he looked BY FAITH TOWARD THE FINISHED WORKS OFF THE CROSS.. remember his Only son he told his servants .me and my son are going up to worship the Lord and were coming back down.. he made the altar was ready to carry out what GOD told him.. but God said wait there is a ram in the thicket today we look back at the finished works of the cross . you keep wanting to add works to salvation thus adding to the word of GOD . not looking good for you..unless you repent from adding to the word
Where does it say....”Abraham looked to the finished work of the cross”?
All Abraham did was display a life of faithful obedience. This is the same life we are to display.
He was told to leave UR. He left.
He was told to circumcise. He circumcised.
He was told to sacrifice his son. He put him on the altar.
Abraham was NEVER saved by “faith alone”.

You are told to believe, repent and be baptized for remission of sins. Will you display the same life of faithful obedience that Abraham did? So far you haven’t. But yet you still pronounce yourself “saved”.
I’ll be looking to study the passages about Abraham looking to the cross.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
done showed you open your eyes in fact i covered that in a previous post.. if you refuse to read or accept. that is your problem not mine..
I must have missed that post. What number was it.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you you just denied the Blood atonement that covers our sins when WE GET SAVED and that is NOT universalist BUT Bible thus saith the Lord
I’m still looking for you to show me.....at what point does a person go from lost to saved.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doesn’t make since.
of course it makes no sense you want a legalistic view of salvation you have taken Grace and made it no effect .you want the law along with Grace. it will NOT WORK you cherry pick scriptures ,you have watered down the word in fact NO place in the Bible does water ever save
Ephesians 5:26

“That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,” this is the water -------->the word of God not baptism

The Lord’s words contain the element of water, which simply speaking, is spirit and life. The Lord said, “The words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life” (John 6:63b). In other words, the Lord’s words have cleansing power. The water here is not for supplying but for cleansing, that is, for the cleansing and washing of the church. What is washed away is not defilements or sins, but spots and wrinkles. Wrinkles are related to oldness. You must let the water in the word, that is, the spirit and the life in the word, do a metabolic work in your organic being by adding new life elements into you to replace the old elements. This is a metabolic process and a discharging. We all know that metabolism takes place within us by which something new is supplied and added to us and something old is discharged and eliminated. This metabolism is the cleansing referred to in Ephesians 5.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No I don’t. You post a passage that talks about items of the old law as copies and claim it is about baptism? You owe me an apology for trickery. The Bible also calls them types and shadows. This passage has nothing to say about baptism but if you back up one verses look what you find..
Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
How did these children of God have a full assurance of faith? Through pure waters. The pure waters of baptism. Couple that with 1 pet 3:21 and you will find they are teaching the same thing.....our conscience is cleared through the saving waters of baptism. When we know that are sins have been removed.
Baptism does wash away sins.

Are you saying we can't be saved UNLESS we're baptized?
Sorry, just saw this.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, yes Christ had to be baptized but not for the remission of sins.
shazam what does john 1:29 say 2nd corinthians 5:19 he became the sin sacrifice who knew NO SIN .his Blood the payment at the cross covered sins not water baptism

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
since when? baptism is symbolic in the washing of our sins .i john 1:7
The Early Church theologians, the first few hundred years,,,
believed that baptism washes away sins.

They believed it so much that some persons would not get baptized until they were old so that all their sins could be washed away.

This is history and can be checked out by anyone.

I'm not saying I believe one must be baptized to be saved...
But that is what was believed by the early church.
I'm just trying to understand what this thread is about.
Can't go back and read it all....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@Ezra

This is how confession came along.
A way had to be determined for the forgiveness of sins AFTER baptism.

The early church believed one would no longer sin after salvation.
Instead they still did.
Thus confession began to erase the sins commited AFTER baptism.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Early Church theologians, the first few hundred years,,,
believed that baptism washes away sins.
yes from sf i am aware what they believed to many scriptures blows that away. trying to understand this thread is like trying to understand washington d.c

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The early church believed one would no longer sin after salvation.
Instead they still did.
my self just because the ECF bought it i don't. there is way to much division in the body . due to what some one read

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course it makes no sense you want a legalistic view of salvation you have taken Grace and made it no effect .you want the law along with Grace. it will NOT WORK you cherry pick scriptures ,you have watered down the word in fact NO place in the Bible does water ever save
Ephesians 5:26

“That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,” this is the water -------->the word of God not baptism

The Lord’s words contain the element of water, which simply speaking, is spirit and life. The Lord said, “The words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life” (John 6:63b). In other words, the Lord’s words have cleansing power. The water here is not for supplying but for cleansing, that is, for the cleansing and washing of the church. What is washed away is not defilements or sins, but spots and wrinkles. Wrinkles are related to oldness. You must let the water in the word, that is, the spirit and the life in the word, do a metabolic work in your organic being by adding new life elements into you to replace the old elements. This is a metabolic process and a discharging. We all know that metabolism takes place within us by which something new is supplied and added to us and something old is discharged and eliminated. This metabolism is the cleansing referred to in Ephesians 5.
Let’s look at 4 parallel passages...
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

They all include the same elements.
Jn 3:5. ............Spirit.......Water........................into the kingdom
1 Cor 12:13......Spirit.......baptism.....................into the body
Eph 5:26..........word........washing of water........cleansed
Tit 3:5..............Spirit...... washing....................saved

These are parallel passages all teaching the exact same thing. Salvation, sanctification, cleansing, entrance into the body/kingdom requires 2 elements.
Water/baptism and Spirit/word.

Jesus commanded he that believes(what? The word given by the Spirit) and is baptized shall be saved.
As you correctly pointed out in Jn 6. The words of Christ are Spirit. The sword of the Spirit is the word. How does the Spirit convict? With his sword which is the word. Those on Pentecost were said to be “cut to the heart”. How did that happen? Through the preaching of the Spirit delivered by Peter.

Those on Pentecost were said to be “added to the church/body. When did that happen? After baptism in water.
When are our sins removed? Through baptism in water. Acts 2:38; 22:16 This is the “washing of regeneration” in Titus 3:5. The water of Jn 3:5. It is at this point that Paul states we “rise to walk in newness of life” Rom 6. If that’s not regeneration I don’t know what is.
It is ALL in complete harmony until you get a hold of it.