Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want everybody to study the host of passages that Ezra supplied with his answer. I know it will be hard to study them all but please try.
will there be a test by your answers? every scripture i have posted says nothing notta about salvation by baptism

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
the Holy spirit empowers us
Acts 1:8 King James Version (KJV) 1411 dýnamis (from 1410 /dýnamai, "able, having ability") – properly, "ability to perform" (L-N); for the believer, power to achieve by applying the Lord's inherent abilities. "Power through God's ability" (1411 /dýnamis) is needed in every scene of life to really grow in sanctification and prepare for heaven (glorification). 1411(dýnamis) is a very important term, used 120 times in the NT.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Philippians 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

water baptism does not give us power. it is a command and for us a statement of faith and symbolic of washing sins away ..
when baptism is used as a means of salvation it waters Grace down Grace is what Christ done at the cross and resurrection which is our real power romans 8: 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.paul wrote in philippians that i may know him and power of his resurrection
I agree.
But then why did Jesus tell the disciples to wait in Jerusalem in Acts 1:8?
He specifically said that they would have power when the Holy Spirit came to them...which happened in Acts 2:4

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
will there be a test by your answers? every scripture i have posted says nothing notta about salvation by baptism
You haven’t posted any. All I have to do is post 1 pet 3:21 and you will still deny.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Holy spirit empowers us
Acts 1:8 King James Version (KJV) 1411 dýnamis (from 1410 /dýnamai, "able, having ability") – properly, "ability to perform" (L-N); for the believer, power to achieve by applying the Lord's inherent abilities. "Power through God's ability" (1411 /dýnamis) is needed in every scene of life to really grow in sanctification and prepare for heaven (glorification). 1411(dýnamis) is a very important term, used 120 times in the NT.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Philippians 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

water baptism does not give us power. it is a command and for us a statement of faith and symbolic of washing sins away ..
when baptism is used as a means of salvation it waters Grace down Grace is what Christ done at the cross and resurrection which is our real power romans 8: 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.paul wrote in philippians that i may know him and power of his resurrection
Acts 1:8 was a promise made ONLY to the apostles. It was NOT a promise made for all people. A part of that promise was based on them waiting in Jerusalem; are you saying we need to go to Jerusalem and wait to receive HS power? If not why not? It was a part of the promise you say is for us today.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven’t posted any. All I have to do is post 1 pet 3:21 and you will still deny.
post away there is far more scriptures than 1 peter 3 your position has been countered on many sides . you will never prove water baptism saves.. if that be the case the world would line up to be baptized.....which is a work that follows.nice try

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:8 was a promise made ONLY to the apostles. It was NOT a promise made for all people. A part of that promise was based on them waiting in Jerusalem; are you saying we need to go to Jerusalem and wait to receive HS power? If not why not? It was a part of the promise you say is for us today.
duhh stop the foolish questions and get back to adult like questions or i will drop you like a ROCK... the promise isto us you better read your Bible. your grasping for thin air . For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Romans 15:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: the Holy spirit gives us power
John 1:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:where does the power come from the Holy spirit..the same spirit that came in as a mighty rushing wind at pentecost .. no more foolish questions

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want everybody to study the host of passages that Ezra supplied with his answer. I know it will be hard to study them all but please try.
You are an excellent example of those who love their false doctrines more than the truth. I believe no one should respond any more to this thread.

Reactions: tabletalk

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our God is a miracle God.
Why could somebody not be saved when alone for crying out loud.
Many people are alone, in jail cells, in old folks homes, you name it.
The Holy Spirit can call anyone anywhere. No matter alone or in a crowd.
Whats wrong with people to question these things?
Just because suppose there's no sample of that in scripture does not mean it cannot happen.
Christians were not driving cars in the bible either, but they are now!
I go back riding my Triumph! :) See you later!IMG_1760.JPG

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because suppose there's no sample of that in scripture does not mean it cannot happen.
I go back riding my Triumph! :) See you later!View attachment 6676

Hi Gary,
Ah, the voice of reason, lol. Good to see you on here. I bet that Triumph is getting a work out this summer!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but there are things God can’t do. One of them is lie. And if he has left us the word that says one must obey the gospel for salvation then he would be lying if he accepted anything else. And the gospel message includes hearing believing repenting and being baptized for remission of sins. IF God accepts less than tell me how that is not lying.

You can’t baptize yourself

It’s not Gods fault if you wait until you are on your death bed and then decide you need God. Where were you for the last however many years you have been alive? It is possible to wait until it’s too late.

Question them all you want. Now I’ll listen to you tell me....HOW does one go about obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ. What does the Bible say about that.

I go back riding my Triumph! :) See you later!View attachment 6676
I am still amazed at the number of people who are willing to accept a “way of salvation” that the HS never thought enough of to include it in his book.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if no one can be saved riding a motor bike?:p

And all alone???
They didn’t have bikes back then but I think I read in Acts 12 where a man was riding down the road on a camel, heard some birds singing, had a warm emotional feeling overcome him, prayed to God for forgiveness and was pronounced saved on that road to Antioch. I believe it was around vs 13 or 14

Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but there are things God can’t do. One of them is lie. And if he has left us the word that says one must obey the gospel for salvation then he would be lying if he accepted anything else. And the gospel message includes hearing believing repenting and being baptized for remission of sins. IF God accepts less than tell me how that is not lying.

You can’t baptize yourself

It’s not Gods fault if you wait until you are on your death bed and then decide you need God. Where were you for the last however many years you have been alive? It is possible to wait until it’s too late.

Question them all you want. Now I’ll listen to you tell me....HOW does one go about obeying the gospel of Jesus Christ. What does the Bible say about that.

I am still amazed at the number of people who are willing to accept a “way of salvation” that the HS never thought enough of to include it in his book.
i am still amazed at your false doctrine and the fact your still trying to convince others . even though you ben showed your wrong

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am still amazed at your false doctrine and the fact your still trying to convince others . even though you ben showed your wrong
I’m not trying to convince you. I just pray that there are many people reading this who don’t want to participate but want to learn something and see our exchange. This is why I post. It’s not for you. You are just a tool to highlight all the false teaching that’s prevalent on this board. I have been on others in the past and there has always been 2 or 3 kindred souls who teach the truth but this is the first one I have been on where for almost 2 months now I have been alone.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not trying to convince you
that is great cause you aint you refuse to see water baptism does not nor has not nor ever will save any one.it is symbolic and a statement of faith . no one should be baptized until they understand these things
You are just a tool to highlight all the false teaching that’s prevalent on this board
pssst i have posted far more scripture showing your false teaching. your testimony is not according to the word. therefor there is no light in you isaiah 8:20 i think it is ..im done i dust my shoes off at you

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am speaking of being with another human being.

And I was speaking of A man WITH the Lord Christ Jesus.

Not one person was ever “saved” without another person involved. Show me the example.

Involved?
I think you confuse Learning "ABOUT" the Lord from man to man...
And an Individual Man, choosing to Establish a Relationship with the Lord...which requires NO INVOLVEMENT of another human.

this is not an example of a person obeying the gospel and therefore receiving salvation being all alone and you know that.

And WHO precisely was Teaching Adam ABOUT God, but the Word of God Himself?

And WHO precisely was Teaching Moses ABOUT God...the Romans?

God Taught men OF Himself, and Instructed men to Teach men OF God...
Men do not SAVE the SOULS of Men...
Thee Lord God Does the Saving of SOULS.

The context of your passage is dealing with brethren in the church.

Matt 18
IS About settling a DISPUTE, among Brethren.
All Jews (believing in Jesus or not) ARE Brethren.
Whosoever (believing in Jesus ARE Brethren IN Christ Jesus).

OT Hebrews and Tribes, were Brethren;
And they Required TWO or THREE "Human" Witnesses, to Settle a dispute...
BEFORE an Annointed Priest.

Deut 19
[15] One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

^ THAT would BE familiar Language TO ALL Jews raised IN THEIR historical Religion and Laws.

In "their" LAWS, men trespassing AGAINST men Were CALLED SIN, and the LAW was to take the matter to a Cleric.

Read the previous 4,5 verses to receive the context. So, when he speaks of two or three gathering in his name he is talking about people who are already saved they are already children of God.

No, it does not speak Exclusively of "people who are already saved".

Scripture, can be spoken ONCE, and APPLY to individuals differently, According to the Individual's Circumstances.

You appear to be Applying Matt 18:20 "as if" you are a "BRETHREN JEW".

I am not a Jew.
I APPLY the Scripture MATT 18:20 ... as it Applies to WHOSOEVER...a brother IN Christ.

Matt 18
[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Because I AM IN CHRIST, Christ Jesus "AND" the Father are WITH ME ALWAYS.

IOW, I am ALWAYS Gathered together "WITH" thee Lord God Almighty, WHEN I call on His name.

John 14:
[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

I have NO "Requirement" to have two or three Humans in my presence TO: call on the Lord God or be with thee Lord God.

Matt 6:
[6] But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

^ NO OTHER HUMANS ^.

When I (a human) PRAY to thee Lord God...
Thee Lord God and myself ARE gathered together.

I handle disputes (of Trespasses) with OTHER Humans, NOT thee Lord God, or an annointed Priest.

Matt 18:
[35] So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their "trespasses."

The lord specifically said... "he" that believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Correct. Some SHALL be saved, and Some "ARE" saved...
Again depends are who and what " he " does and WHEN.

You cannot baptize yourself.

That is silly, and no one suggested such a thing.

God has given men KNOWLEDGE.
God has directed men to Distribute His Knowledge.

Having Gods Knowledge and Sharing Gods Knowledge may "LEAD" a man on a path TOWARD Salvation....But Knowledge in and of itself and Sharing Knowledge;
Does NOT SAVE A MAN.

In another account of the same commission the Lord COMMANDED MEN to go preach and baptize.

And did you hear preaching?
And did a Human man BAPTIZE you?

You CANNOT be saved all by yourself.

AGAIN...No one suggested such a thing.

You have no relationship with God without obedience to the gospel and that includes baptism.

Baptism of the Holy Spirit IS: by the act of thee Holy Spirit. Humans are NOT the Holy Spirit.

Do you want a relationship with Christ?

Do YOU want a relationship with Christ?

Then YOU must call on Him...NOT A HUMAN!

You cannot do that by yourself.

Good grief.....What is your OBSESSION with repeating yourself....??

No one has made such an idiotic claim, So why do you keep pretending they have?

The phrase...calling on the name of the lord is found three times in the NT and its not in your source passage. I suggest you study all three and then come and tell me if people “called” all by themself with no human intervention.

Since you are off on a tangent...

What EXACTLY do you mean by "human intervention" ?

Did you require your daddy to call on the Lord FOR YOU?

Glory to God,
Taken