Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism does wash away sins.

Are you saying we can't be saved UNLESS we're baptized?
Sorry, just saw this.
I’m not saying anything. I am presenting what the Bible says. Please read the following passages and then tell me what the Bible thinks of baptism.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Galatians 3:26-27 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
There are more but now go and read post #199 and see how well the Bible harmonizes.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Christian of you. I ask for a simple number and you don’t even care to help.
i thought so you have the ability go back through the post ..so start searching..

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s look at 4 parallel passages...
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

They all include the same elements.
Jn 3:5. ............Spirit.......Water........................into the kingdom
1 Cor 12:13......Spirit.......baptism.....................into the body
Eph 5:26..........word........washing of water........cleansed
Tit 3:5..............Spirit...... washing....................saved

These are parallel passages all teaching the exact same thing. Salvation, sanctification, cleansing, entrance into the body/kingdom requires 2 elements.
Water/baptism and Spirit/word.

Jesus commanded he that believes(what? The word given by the Spirit) and is baptized shall be saved.
As you correctly pointed out in Jn 6. The words of Christ are Spirit. The sword of the Spirit is the word. How does the Spirit convict? With his sword which is the word. Those on Pentecost were said to be “cut to the heart”. How did that happen? Through the preaching of the Spirit delivered by Peter.

Those on Pentecost were said to be “added to the church/body. When did that happen? After baptism in water.
When are our sins removed? Through baptism in water. Acts 2:38; 22:16 This is the “washing of regeneration” in Titus 3:5. The water of Jn 3:5. It is at this point that Paul states we “rise to walk in newness of life” Rom 6. If that’s not regeneration I don’t know what is.
It is ALL in complete harmony until you get a hold of it.
you keep sailing on that boat that is full of holes Baptism does not save baptism follows salvation your beginning to post like Church of Christ

Reactions: tabletalk and Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not saying anything. I am presenting what the Bible says
your presenting the Bible by mixing grace with baptism (law ) Grace is what Christ done baptism is what we do after saved Grace and law will not mix

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
since when? baptism is symbolic in the washing of our sins .i john 1:7
The passage in first John was written to Christians. It was written to people who had already had their sins washed away. It was written to people who had already obeyed the gospel. The benefits of being a born again child of God is that we can be forgiven of our present sins through repentance, confession and prayer, and the blood continues to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If you have not obeyed the gospel then this does not apply to you.
Ephesians 1:3 be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
All spiritual blessings, including the blood, are found where? In Christ!
How does one get “in Christ”?
Baptized into Christ. Rom 6:3, 1 Cor 12:13, Gal 6:27, acts 2:41

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passage in first John was written to Christians. It was written to people who had already had their sins washed away. It was written to people who had already obeyed the gospel. The benefits of being a born again child of God is that we can be forgiven of our present sins through repentance, confession and prayer, and the blood continues to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If you have not obeyed the gospel then this does not apply to you.
Ephesians 1:3 be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
All spiritual blessings, including the blood, are found where? In Christ!
How does one get “in Christ”?
Baptized into Christ. Rom 6:3, 1 Cor 12:13, Gal 6:27, acts 2:41
i hope you have a life jacket i see that boat sinking any time now !!!

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right. You did post Heb 9.
Heb 9 is about the types of the OLD LAW. We are no longer under the OLD LAW. Christ did away with the OLD LAW and established a NEW COVENANT.
We are accountable to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Mark 16:15-16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
If you are going to go back and discover your error of what I told you, go also and read again my response and see that it was not I who spoke of the law, but Paul; and that he did so for a reason, which was "to establish by the precedence of the past and their failures, that the waters (of that baptism which was preached) were in fact NOT liquid." He was explaining that things had changed, as am I.

How long will you make the same errors of the early church, and return to wallowing in the mire?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are going to go back and discover your error of what I told you, go also and read again my response and see that it was not I who spoke of the law, but Paul; and that he did so for a reason, which was "to establish by the precedence of the past and their failures, that the waters (of that baptism which was preached) were in fact NOT liquid." He was explaining that things had changed, as am I.

How long will you make the same errors of the early church, and return to wallowing in the mire?
The waters of what baptism preached? Show me in Heb 9 where Paul even hints of baptism. It wasn’t in the verse you posted.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The waters of what baptism preached? Show me in Heb 9 where Paul even hints of baptism. It wasn’t in the verse you posted.
I am speaking of the whole counsel of God, every word. This topic is bigger than a few verse you may toil with. Get with the program, or be silent.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
my self just because the ECF bought it i don't. there is way to much division in the body . due to what some one read
Do you know who the Early Church Fathers were?
They learned from the Apostles, or from someone that was only one step away from the Apostle.

If you don't truth THEM,,,
WHO can you trust?

And if you say "the bible"...well, just remember that it was THEY who put the bible together and decided on the canon.

THEY knew what Jesus taught.
We don't know anymore what He taught because of men's fiddling with His teachings.

Reactions: JohnPaul

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I’m not saying anything. I am presenting what the Bible says. Please read the following passages and then tell me what the Bible thinks of baptism.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Galatians 3:26-27 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
There are more but now go and read post #199 and see how well the Bible harmonizes.
OK
I don't need to read post 199.
I have these comments to make:

1. We don't know why, but Jesus said we are to be baptized.
Mathew 28:20 is sufficient for me. He told the Apostles to:
TEACH what HE had taught them.
Baptize in the name of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

In the water, we die to ourselves, and come up alive to Christ.

This does not mean that if we are not baptized, we will be lost.
What about children that are not baptized...are they all hell-bound?

2. My only other comment is that being baptized in the name of Jesus is a TYPE of baptism. It is not the FORMULA for baptism.

The formula is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

I could speak to the removal of sin but it gets long.
John baptized to prepare the way,,,
For repentance.

Jesus baptized for power.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know who the Early Church Fathers were?
as a matter fact i do. remember we been down this road before. i havent changed either i have yet to find saved by water baptism through faith

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
as a matter fact i do. remember we been down this road before. i havent changed either i have yet to find saved by water baptism through faith
Well, let me ask you this.

I agree that we are saved by faith.

But since Jesus said to get baptized,,,
don't you think it's a good idea?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
symbolically speaking yes .when we get saved we become a new creation in christ 2 cor 5:16 like old times ;)
Right.
And that new creation begins to happen right away...it does not take baptism to change us.

But it empowers us...something we need; both to witness and to live out of the world like Jesus would want.

In Acts 1 Jesus said to wait in Jerusalem for the empowerment.
They disciple waited and the Holy Spirit descended.

Jesus also said to be baptized....two different baptisms, I think.
One of water...one of the empowering of the Holy Spirit.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK
I don't need to read post 199.
I have these comments to make:

1. We don't know why, but Jesus said we are to be baptized.
Mathew 28:20 is sufficient for me.
We do know why. Acst 2:38. It is FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.

He told the Apostles to:
TEACH what HE had taught them.
Baptize in the name of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

In the water, we die to ourselves, and come up alive to Christ.
You just answered the question of whether baptism is necessary for salvation. You aren’t alive until you come out of the water.
But according to everybody on this board you are alive before you even go into the water, so why even do it since you are already alive. why the inconsistency in teaching?

This does not mean that if we are not baptized, we will be lost.
That seems like poor reasoning. You just said that through baptism you die then come out alive. I guess we can be saved dead.
What about children that are not baptized...are they all hell-bound?
Children are secure. They lack the understanding to be accountable. You think a two year old can understand gospel teaching and the need for a savior? What sins has a 2 year old committed? Or an 8 year old? Paul said...I was alive without the law once. Rom 7:9. Within the context you will see that he was talking about understanding the law not that he was physically alive before the mosaic law was in effect because we know he wasn’t.

2. My only other comment is that being baptized in the name of Jesus is a TYPE of baptism. It is not the FORMULA for baptism.

The formula is Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

I could speak to the removal of sin but it gets long.
John baptized to prepare the way,,,
For repentance.

Jesus baptized for power.
You are correct. There is no “formula” or proper saying when it comes to baptism. If you have a proper subject then I don’t think any words would even need to be spoken.
I wish you would talk about removal of sin. I don’t see how it’s possible to talk about sin removal without including baptism in water. Acts 2:38, 22:16, 1 pet 3:20,21; rom 6:17,18

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it follows salvation not precedes but yes i do
I want everybody to study the host of passages that Ezra supplied with his answer. I know it will be hard to study them all but please try.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
And that new creation begins to happen right away...it does not take baptism to change us.

But it empowers us...something we need; both to witness and to live out of the world like Jesus would want.

In Acts 1 Jesus said to wait in Jerusalem for the empowerment.
They disciple waited and the Holy Spirit descended.

Jesus also said to be baptized....two different baptisms, I think.
One of water...one of the empowering of the Holy Spirit.
the Holy spirit empowers us
Acts 1:8 King James Version (KJV) 1411 dýnamis (from 1410 /dýnamai, "able, having ability") – properly, "ability to perform" (L-N); for the believer, power to achieve by applying the Lord's inherent abilities. "Power through God's ability" (1411 /dýnamis) is needed in every scene of life to really grow in sanctification and prepare for heaven (glorification). 1411(dýnamis) is a very important term, used 120 times in the NT.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Philippians 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

water baptism does not give us power. it is a command and for us a statement of faith and symbolic of washing sins away ..
when baptism is used as a means of salvation it waters Grace down Grace is what Christ done at the cross and resurrection which is our real power romans 8: 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.paul wrote in philippians that i may know him and power of his resurrection

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never denied that the blood brings salvation. I’m still waiting on you to show me WHEN THAT HAPPENS. Heb 9 has nothing to say about that. If it does then pin point the passage.
You must be a universalist. Since the blood saves I guess everybody is saved then?
If a person does not drink it, he doesn't even have Life. He is simply dead!