Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just for you A CARNAL MIND " A FLESHLY CONTROLLED " IS ENMITY " HOSTILE " TO GOD
Proverbs 14:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.
how ironic. Everybody on here has argued that there own way of salvation is acceptable to God even though it can’t be found in Gods word.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how ironic. Everybody on here has argued that there own way of salvation is acceptable to God even though it can’t be found in Gods word.
click your hels together 3 times and say there is no place like home each time.. until then this aint kansas toto..your theology is like clouds with out water on a dry summer day

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m not trying to convince you. I just pray that there are many people reading this who don’t want to participate but want to learn something and see our exchange. This is why I post. It’s not for you. You are just a tool to highlight all the false teaching that’s prevalent on this board. I have been on others in the past and there has always been 2 or 3 kindred souls who teach the truth but this is the first one I have been on where for almost 2 months now I have been alone.

Yep, you are alone. That should tell you something. 14 pages of this junk and 680 posts by you...and you have convinced no one at all about you own personal doctrine that some devils sold you and you swallowed it hook line and sinker.

And it changes not one thing about anyones salvation experience with the Lord.

It is The Lord That Saves... how hard is that for you to understand.
Obviously far too hard.

If you are a follower of The Lord, and not your own ego...then it should be HIM whom you preach, not this mumbo jumbo stuff of yours.
Which is wood, hay and stubble....

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key words here are....”I don’t debate MY faith”. The Bible talks of a COMMON faith.

We have a common faith in Christianity. BUT your faith and beliefs won't save ME, or anyone else here, only YOU. Get my drift?
One's walk with our Father is very personal.
No response needed.
Blessings!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have a common faith in Christianity. BUT your faith and beliefs won't save ME, or anyone else here, only YOU. Get my drift?
No response needed.
Blessings!

Amen, very good point, if it were a “ common faith “ as you say....we could then proxy for our unsaved friends and family. Hey, let’s go and start a new denomination and preach “common faith”:D

Reactions: Acolyte

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I am asking for this....
For ANYBODY to show me where ANYONE was ever “saved” in the fashion many people say they were today. All by themselves with no participation from any other human being.

[Acts 26:12-18 NASB] 12 "While so engaged as I was journeying to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests, 13 at midday, O King, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining all around me and those who were journeying with me. 14 "And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew dialect, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' 15 "And I said, 'Who are You, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 16 'But get up and stand on your feet; for this purpose I have appeared to you, to appoint you a minister and a witness not only to the things which you have seen, but also to the things in which I will appear to you; 17 rescuing you from the [Jewish] people and from the Gentiles, to whom I am sending you, 18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'

[Romans 10:8-10 NASB] 8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Did Saul/Paul confess with his mouth Jesus as Lord?
Did Saul/Paul believe in his heart that God raised Him from the dead?
Was Saul/Paul saved?
Did all of this happen on the road to Damascus while his companions heard and saw none of what Saul/Paul heard and saw?
Does this scripture meet your requested standard?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No response needed.
Blessings!
No response needed? Haha. I don’t respond to people on this board so that I can convince the writer of anything. We all have our minds made up.
I respond so others, who like to read but not participate, can see our exchange and hopefully learn something by it. You and the others are just a tool to present the truth.
So, we have a common faith just as long as someone uses Christ name when they preach. Doesn’t matter what they preach.
We have people preaching Christ but saying you don’t have to do anything for salvation because only the elect that God chooses will be saved.
People preach Christ and salvation by faith alone when it can’t be found one time in the NT.
We have people who sprinkle babies in the name of Jesus even though it contradicts clear Bible teaching. But hey, it’s part of “Christianity”?
We have women preachers for Christ. Even though Paul specifically condemned it.
We have people preaching that you just need to say a prayer for salvation. Hey, it’s “Christianity”.!
But no where is this practiced in the book that is supposed to give us “Christianity”.
Jehovah’s Witness consider themselves “Christians”. I guess we have a common faith with them. (You May be JW, I don’t know). Even though they don’t believe he is the son of God. They call themselves “Christian” so how dare you challenge that.
You sound just like Joel Osteen. I saw him say there are many ways to Christ. This is what you are saying.
Please show me that nonsense in the Bible

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Saul/Paul confess with his mouth Jesus as Lord?
Yes he did.
Did Saul/Paul believe in his heart that God raised Him from the dead?
Was Saul/Paul saved?
Yes he did.
You left out repentance. Paul even repented.
Rom 10 says nothing of repentance so I hope you arent implying that Rom 10:9,10 are all that is required? Why did you stop at verse 10? What did Paul say in vs 13.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
So is calling on the name of the lord required? Paul says it is. Did Saul of Tarsus call on the name of the lord? The Bible says he did.

Did all of this happen on the road to Damascus while his companions heard and saw none of what Saul/Paul heard and saw?
Did Saul call on the name of the lord while he was on the road? No. The Bible clearly teaches at what point in time Saul called on the name of the Lord.
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
It was three days later after a preacher from Jesus came and commanded him to be baptized in order to wash away his sins “calling on the name of the lord”.
Does this scripture meet your requested standard?
No and I hope my explanation was clear enough. Saul was not saved until a preacher came and told him what he MUST do. Acts 9:6
Which was arise, be baptized, wash away his sins (salvation) calling on the name of the lord.
You have Saul being saved at a point before even Paul himself says a person can be saved. Before he had even “called on the name of the lord”.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is The Lord That Saves... how hard is that for you to understand.
Obviously far too hard.
No. The problem is....You say...”it is the lord that saves”.
you have not answered the most important question.
HOW DOES HE DO IT?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, very good point, if it were a “ common faith “ as you say....we could then proxy for our unsaved friends and family. Hey, let’s go and start a new denomination and preach “common faith”:D
You don’t have to. Those in the NT already have.
Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is....You say...”it is the lord that saves”.
you have not answered the most important question.
HOW DOES HE DO IT?
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." [Ephesians 2:8-9]

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CNKW, stop working your way into heaven, man.
It's not by works.
Works come as a result of salvation, salvation does not come because of works.
We would all be lost if it was not for God's Grace.
I have a feeling you are in a United Pentecostal Church where they bury their wounded.
Don't get me wrong, there are good people in there, and that church is changing as the younger generation starts cutting their hair and some men are growing beards and covering their upper lips also. ;-)
Lighten 64979328_10156529294813269_7815728958363664384_n.jpg up and get out of bondage!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast." [Ephesians 2:8-9]
You are quoting a letter written to people who are already saved.
Have you ever read the account of the Ephesians conversion?
Where in the Bible can I find it?
Won’t that account tell us what they did to become Christians?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quoting a letter written to people who are already saved.
Have you ever read the account of the Ephesians conversion?
Where in the Bible can I find it?
Won’t that account tell us what they did to become Christians?
You are going to have to make up YOUR mind.

Asking 'How does the LORD save?' is not the same as asking 'What do people do to become Christians?'
You asked and I answered the first question, exactly how God said He did it.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What difference does it make? It’s because NO ONE was ever “saved” by themselves in the NT when the church was first started. Do examples matter? Why were we given example after example of people receiving the gospel if none of it matters? Weren’t these given for our learning?
Can we just make up our own way of salvation?
When has God ever allowed that?

Was Samuel accountable to the gospel of Jesus Christ? Also Samuel was born into a covenant relationship with God as a member of the nation of israel. He was not “saved” in the temple.
Apostle Paul when he was then called Saul was saved on the road to Damascus.

Reactions: Helen and atpollard