Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Bible doesn’t speak of their bathing practices but it does speak of the way of salvation. It has been commanded by Christ and there is example after example of people obeying the gospel. Do you think Bible examples matter? Do they carry any authority for us? If so, then where are all the examples of people having their sins removed while being all alone. These examples don’t exist for a reason.
I’m going to start another thread and hopefully you will be able to understand why this thread about being saved all alone is not totally meaningless.
I hope I see the other thread.
But life experience is also important.
I mean, sometimes we hang onto every single word in the bible and not every single word is in there!
John said that if he wrote everything it would fill up many books.

Will look for the other thread...

Reactions: Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, this is a problem. John the baptist gave the clearest, most concise description of baptism...and you aren't clear on it, and now are going off into the detail without that basic understanding.
John did not give a description of baptism. All he stated was that Jesus would come and baptize with the HS and fire. That is all he said. That is a true statement. Jesus did come, he did baptize with HS and will baptize with fire.

He described his baptism as a baptism of repentance (not of salvation), and also the saving baptism of Christ as being with the Holy Spirit and with fire. It is as simple as that.
“Saving baptism of Christ as being with the HS”? Show me anywhere that HS baptism is mentioned as a means of salvation. You added that. John never equated or even implied that HS baptism would be administered as a “saving” baptism. I will be waiting for your scriptural support of that one..

The baptism "in the name of the Lord" is not different, it simply spells out the authority by which Christ's baptism is carried out. But you have made it "in the name of the apostles" and "in the name of water", and who knows what else.
If Christ baptism was not different from Johns then why did Paul baptize the Ephesians, in water, a second time? They had been baptized with Johns baptism so it should have been fine since there is no difference.

But there should be no doubt or such speculations or adding the practices of men. Jesus was clear on how He would send the Holy Spirit and how He would build His church by the spirit of the Father, the example of which was given to Peter, as direct from the Father in spirit. It is only men that have made it something more and something that it is not, by an abuse of power, giving glory to men instead of to God.
Your absence of scripture to support your rambling should be telling to all who read this. You are making this up as you go but it is nothing but the doctrine according to Scott.
No one is saved "by themselves", and the fact that you ask people to prove such a thing is as much as evil.
Then why do so many people give their “testimony” of salvation when they were all by themselves? I don’t see how anything I have presented is evil. Just because you and others don’t like it doesn’t make it evil. When Paul was before Agrippa, festus called him mad and Paul said..
Acts 26:25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
So just because any of you think I’m crazy, evil, dishonest, cruel etc. it really doesn’t matter. I already expect you to say that.

Nonetheless, it is as I first said: "the prophets of old are the precedence." Here is one example, which was then given to all according to the prophecy of Joel, promised by Christ, and confirmed by Peter:

Isaiah 6:7
"And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

“'Behold, this has touched your lips;
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged.'
the Spirit WAS NOT GIVEN TO ALL. I have already proven through Acts 8 that the HS did not fall on everybody. It was only on a couple of special occasions. Acts 2, the apostles. Acts 10 on Cornelius and his family. Now you show me any other example where the HS just fell on anybody as a part of their salvation. I’ll be waiting.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is there to be changed ? how about you post ALL THE ERRORS and back them up with scripture ..this puts the ball in your court
saved by faith alone. Mk 16:16
once saved always saved. Heb 10:26-31
The church doesn’t matter. Acts 20:28. Eph 5:23
Any church will do as long as it is a “bible believing” church (whatever that means) Eph 4:4
Christ is coming back to earth in Jerusalem to reign for 1000 years Jer 22:30
Born in sin? What about Adam and Eve
Baptism has no bearing on our salvation. 1 pet 3:21
Paul and Peter preached a different doctrine. 1 Cor 15:11
We receive the miraculous gifts of the Spirit from 1 Cor 12 still today. 1 Cor 13:8-10
Jews are still Gods people today. Gal 3:26-29
That Mt24, Lk21, Mk13 are NOT about the AD 70 destruction of the temple. Mt 24:34
This should be enough for now..

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope I see the other thread.
But life experience is also important.
I mean, sometimes we hang onto every single word in the bible and not every single word is in there!
John said that if he wrote everything it would fill up many books.

Will look for the other thread...
I would be curious as to know what more you would like to see in the Bible. I personally believe it deals with any and every issue that is known to man. Solomon said..there is nothing new under the sun..

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible doesn’t speak of their bathing practices but it does speak of the way of salvation. It has been commanded by Christ and there is example after example of people obeying the gospel. Do you think Bible examples matter? Do they carry any authority for us? If so, then where are all the examples of people having their sins removed while being all alone. These examples don’t exist for a reason.
I’m going to start another thread and hopefully you will be able to understand why this thread about being saved all alone is not totally meaningless.
you haven't even answered my question

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
saved by faith alone. Mk 16:16
once saved always saved. Heb 10:26-31
The church doesn’t matter. Acts 20:28. Eph 5:23
Any church will do as long as it is a “bible believing” church (whatever that means) Eph 4:4
Christ is coming back to earth in Jerusalem to reign for 1000 years Jer 22:30
Born in sin? What about Adam and Eve
Baptism has no bearing on our salvation. 1 pet 3:21
Paul and Peter preached a different doctrine. 1 Cor 15:11
We receive the miraculous gifts of the Spirit from 1 Cor 12 still today. 1 Cor 13:8-10
Jews are still Gods people today. Gal 3:26-29
That Mt24, Lk21, Mk13 are NOT about the AD 70 destruction of the temple. Mt 24:34
This should be enough for now..
so where did you get all these at

once saved always saved. is a very big topic one that can never be ended but i will throw this in for free...
1 John 2:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. hope your heart is strong enough
so is these your answers

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Spirit WAS NOT GIVEN TO ALL. I have already proven through Acts 8 that the HS did not fall on everybody. It was only on a couple of special occasions. Acts 2, the apostles. Acts 10 on Cornelius and his family. Now you show me any other example where the HS just fell on anybody as a part of their salvation. I’ll be waiting.
Romans 8:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

are you apostolic oneness this is there teaching every christian is given the holy spirit upon salvation ..actually you haven't answered first question

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was NOT SAVED by himself. For one he had others with him, but the important point is that Paul, was NOT SAVED on the road to Damascus. He was told to go into the city (these other men lead him there) and he would be told what he MUST DO. Christ then sent a preacher who told him to be baptized in order to wash away his sins. I’m amazed at the large number of people that believe and teach that one can be saved while still in their sins.

Well, IF one is still in their sins...um, weren't we all still in our sins BEFORE salvation?
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8.
In 1991, I walked down the aisle of a Church, said the so called "sinners prayer" (which you won't find in the bible either, BTW), got baptized before I even understood it fully. I played "Church" for about 4 years then, could not take the hypocrisy in my own self, and left, for many years. I was never saved back then!!!!!
All the years that I spent back in the "world" were lonely, unfulfilling, just dead! 4 years ago, after reaching rock bottom, I was ALONE, in my room...prone, on my face before God with tears and.... THAT day was when I truly surrendered ALL to Him, and - I have NEVER been the same so, should I now doubt my salvation?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John did not give a description of baptism. All he stated was that Jesus would come and baptize with the HS and fire. That is all he said. That is a true statement. Jesus did come, he did baptize with HS and will baptize with fire.

“Saving baptism of Christ as being with the HS”? Show me anywhere that HS baptism is mentioned as a means of salvation. You added that. John never equated or even implied that HS baptism would be administered as a “saving” baptism. I will be waiting for your scriptural support of that one..
You are contradicting yourself. What John "stated" is "a description of baptism." Is english your first language?

It is the scriptures that "show" "that HS baptism is mentioned as a means of salvation." Which I did substantiate by the scriptures, by stating how Christ would build His church by the spirit of God, and also by His promise of sending the Holy Spirit, all of which speaks of the saved "in Christ." If you are not tracking with that description and summary, you should go and read of it yourself.
If Christ baptism was not different from Johns then why did Paul baptize the Ephesians, in water, a second time? They had been baptized with Johns baptism so it should have been fine since there is no difference.
Your english comprehension has failed you again. I did not say that "Christ baptism was not different from Johns." I said Christ's baptism was not different than baptism in His name.
Your absence of scripture to support your rambling should be telling to all who read this. You are making this up as you go but it is nothing but the doctrine according to Scott.
I have been quoting the scriptures in all that I have been saying. So, no, it is not "the doctrine according to Scott." But if you require quotation marks to recognize it...then we are not of the same spirit, which would explain a lot.
Then why do so many people give their “testimony” of salvation when they were all by themselves? I don’t see how anything I have presented is evil. Just because you and others don’t like it doesn’t make it evil. When Paul was before Agrippa, festus called him mad and Paul said..
Acts 26:25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
So just because any of you think I’m crazy, evil, dishonest, cruel etc. it really doesn’t matter. I already expect you to say that.
People are saved all the time without other people being present. Salvation does not require people, it requires God. And for you to demand some kind of proof of what is unseen to the world but known to God, is abusive of His children. That is the kind of test that Satan asked of Jesus.
You have proven nothing but perhaps your own lack of understanding and knowledge of the promises and word of God to pour out His spirit on all, which was indeed confirmed by Peter. I would ask if you are calling Peter a liar, but there is no need, I know that he is not the one in error--it's you.

But there you go again demanding (just as Satan did) that heavenly things be proven or shown by worldly things. It is not men who manifest God, but God who manifests all things.

The real question then, becomes, Why do you ask, and why do you not know or see the daily works of the Holy Spirit to fulfill what God has promised?

The answer is obvious. It is because of unbelief.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

are you apostolic oneness this is there teaching every christian is given the holy spirit upon salvation ..actually you haven't answered first question
Rom 8 says NOTHING about being baptized in the HS. It only talks about the Spirit of God dwelling in you. It does not say HOW that happens. It also says Christ is in you. So, were you baptized with the spirit of Christ as well?
The question here is....how does the Spirit dwell in us?
It is through the word he left us. Compare parallel passages...Eph 5:19 and Col 3:16. To be filled with the Spirit is to let the word dwell in you. Keep trying..

What other question have I not answered?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe I have but you are welcome to ask again so I know exactly what you are talking about.
ok my bad i should said 2nd question you posted errors is the answers the error or is this your statements..your really backing yourself into a corner

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, IF one is still in their sins...um, weren't we all still in our sins BEFORE salvation?
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8.
In 1991, I walked down the aisle of a Church, said the so called "sinners prayer" (which you won't find in the bible either, BTW), got baptized before I even understood it fully. I played "Church" for about 4 years then, could not take the hypocrisy in my own self, and left, for many years. I was never saved back then!!!!!
All the years that I spent back in the "world" were lonely, unfulfilling, just dead! 4 years ago, after reaching rock bottom, I was ALONE, in my room...prone, on my face before God with tears and.... THAT day was when I truly surrendered ALL to Him, and - I have NEVER been the same so, should I now doubt my salvation?
many are still like you us to be a lady my wife and i know testimony something like yours.only she went to a rev meeting. walked out with her buddy. said i dont think i am saved she did all the church things there was still saved.. as you will agree the Holy Spirit showed you that was lost. NOW YOU.TH SPIRIT is in you
1 John 2:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many are still like you us to be a lady my wife and i know testimony something like yours.only she went to a rev meeting. walked out with her buddy. said i dont think i am saved she did all the church things there was still saved.. as you will agree the Holy Spirit showed you that was lost. NOW YOU.TH SPIRIT is in you
1 John 2:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
Amen to that! How could anyone who is honestly saved, or being saved EVER walk away? It's beyond me as, this gal does NOT even WANT to take a peek much less look back from whence I came. :)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8 says NOTHING about being baptized in the HS. It only talks about the Spirit of God dwelling in you. It does not say HOW that happens. It also says Christ is in you. So, were you baptized with the spirit of Christ as well?
The question here is....how does the Spirit dwell in us?
It is through the word he left us. Compare parallel passages...Eph 5:19 and Col 3:16. To be filled with the Spirit is to let the word dwell in you. Keep trying..

What other question have I not answered?
actually i can close my post if your not apostolic pentecost your really close see the moment we are saved we re baptized into the Body of christ

1 Corinthians 12:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. see your fully convinced you hold the correct theology . if i am correct your baptism is the evidence of speaking in tongues
water baptism never saved any one.. saved by grace through faith

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is what salvation is all about...sin removal.

Yes. It is a beautiful thing isn’t it.

I would agree with that. There is no sinners prayer and it matters what you understand about why you are being baptized. Read acts 18:24-19:6

The underlying point in this thread is to get people thinking about Bible examples. Do you think it is a coincidence that after Jesus gave the great commission and ascended that example after example followed the exact same pattern and that pattern NEVER included someone being saved by God while lying on their bed and praying. You’ve already said that the sinners prayer is not in the Bible. The closest one is Cornelius and his prayer was answered, not with salvation, but with a preacher coming to give him WORDS that would save him. When people in the NT had your kind of experience what did they do.....they asked...”what shall I do”.
So it seems the appropriate response when overcome with emotion and seeking salvation is to ask God......what would you have me to do? And he has already given the answer in the NT and it doesn’t involve a sinners prayer. It involves hearing, believing, repenting, and being baptized in water for the remission of sins and THEN the Lord adds you to his body. Ac 2:47 The one he is coming to save. Eph 5:23
I, for one, do not want to find myself at the judgement of being in a position of having to make a defense based on something that the Bible NEVER even cared to mention or show through example. I would rather be in the line of all those who Jude wrote to about “their COMMON salvation”. Ju 3

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, for one, do not want to find myself at the judgement of being in a position of having to make a defense based on something that the Bible NEVER even cared to mention or show through example.
You are not listening, not here, nor in the scriptures.

I gave you an example from scripture. And an explanation.

But you have also been told and should know better than to expect that there would be examples when Jesus made it clear that, "The wind blows where it pleases, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit" (John 3:8).

But you continue your unholy campaign. So much for not wanting to be found wanting at the judgement.

You have not proved peoples testimonies to be incorrect, but rather have shown Christ's word to be correct...and yourself in error.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never saw Jesus but I believe. There is plenty of credible evidence to support it.
What do you mean by credible? You were not there to personally see with your eyes of flesh the miracles of Jesus so why do you accept the witness of those writers of scripture who went to the grave hundreds of years before you were born? Why accept them and accept no testimony of a person today which includes an event at which you were not personally present?

now why would I believe a story like that? It is unverifiable. Anybody can make any claim like that they want. You want to compare believing in that garbage compared to believing in Christ? You can’t be serious. All these kinds of things do is help support the narrative that many have about Christians....that they are a bunch of loons.
Sight unseen with no revelation from God and you call it garbage... and call the testifier a loon? If it were not true would it be better to hold your peace [remain silent] than to engage in needless condemnation? It is certainly not your job to condemn anyone, is it? I believe that neither you nor I would qualify for the job.

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matt 12:36

If, on the other hand, it were true, wouldn't you wish that you had not said a word?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

Where have I testified to my lack of faith?
Did you not say you could not believe [or have faith in] that man's testimony because it was unverifiable? If you don't believe it why not turn it over to God and remain silent rather than speaking words without knowledge?

"Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?" Job 38:2

You know where faith comes from right?
Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Where did the word of faith EVER give TESTIMONY to people being saved ALL BY THEMSELVES? Show me that and then we’ll talk about lack of faith.
So, no I can’t have faith in these stories some of you are telling me....they aren’t rooted in the word of God. They stem from mans false doctrine. I.E. the sinners prayer.
Do you believe that the Acts of true believers in God and His Son ended when the last words of what call the Book of Acts in the Bible were written? Faith in God and His Son is certainly more than believing. As we have read in the scriptures, even devils believe.

As I have already said, when you don't believe someone's testimony simply turn it over to God and hold your tongue as the final judgment does not belong to you... lest you find yourself needing to account to God for idle words spoken!

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This story is teaching us the importance of obedience.
You are the one who wrote that the OT prophets were saved before that... presumably from the context meaning before they were called by God. I included verses which seem to contradict your statement in post #5

Let’s make application to today.
Today the Lord commands and promises....
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Man teaches......
he that believes, is saved, and then maybe later you can be baptized if you feel like it..
Now, who do you think will be eaten by the Lion?

The prophet was saved and then through disobedience he was lost. That is also what this story is teaching us.
I bet you believe in once saved always saved; another completely horrible false doctrine that is destroying Christianity. The idea that all one has to do is raise hands and pray for forgiveness and at that point they are a child of God and on there way to heaven regardless of the life they live. Charles Stanley said “a child of God can completely walk away from the faith and not lose their salvation”. What a horrible and idiotic doctrine taught by the baptist church and many, many others.

I most definitely have never believes in once saved always saved as you suggest. You should not make presumptions about a person before speaking or in this case writing. It could construed as poor manners.