Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard from many people that they were “saved” while they were all alone. They woke up in their bed, got on their knees and prayed to God. They then knew they were saved.
I’ve heard of people riding in their car or on their motorcycle and had an experience, prayed to God, and they knew right then they were saved. There was nobody present.

If this is the case, and we can be saved in this fashion, then why didn’t the HS see fit to give us just ONE example of a person, who was all by themselves, had some experience, prayed to God, asked for forgiveness, and then the Bible pronounced them saved.

So, I am asking for this....
For ANYBODY to show me where ANYONE was ever “saved” in the fashion many people say they were today. All by themselves with no participation from any other human being.
If you cannot show me one Biblical example of this experience then why does anybody think they can be saved in a way that the HS saw fit to leave absent. Are we able to make up our own way of salvation or must we do what what they did when the church was first established?
are you denying the power of God .it says whosoever shall call upon the name of th Lord shall be saved ... in today's world we have complicated the plan of salvation.. hold my hand repeat after me.. be baptized. its a 3 step process, only the elect can be saved.. . when God speaks through the Holy spirit .one can be saved anytime anyplace . i know a preacher who has been at it well over 50 years. his testimony. he sat up on the edge of his bed. said Lord if you will save me i will do what ever you want .you can be saved alone in a crowd in a car .stop limiting GOD

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
acts 10 does NOT say we will ALL receive the HS before baptism. The only reason Cornelius was baptized in the HS was to convince the Jews that were there that God will accept gentiles just as well as Jews. It took three miracles to get Cornelius and his household saved.
Are you saying we receive the same treatment today? What did the angel ACTUALLY tell Cornelius he needed to be saved?....
The HS? No. He was told to send for Peter so that he might hear WORDS by which he would be saved. Here was Cornelius probably laying in his bed praying and did God save him right there?...
NO, he told him to send for a preacher who would preach and ultimately baptize him in the name of the lord. Many of you think you are better then Cornelius. You can just lay there and pray and God will save you when he didn’t even save Cornelius. Now who’s the arrogant one?
Thanks for bringing Cornelius up. He actually helps prove my point.
we get the Holy Spirit the moment we are saved........ born of the spirit... no spirit no salvation

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too late to white wash your posts now. We have seen them all and read them.

Concerning MY salvation experience with the Lord it not your business to dissect or challenge ...which you are doing here.
And again I say your are totally insulting.

Just as well I am 77 and solid in my Lord.
I have 54 yrs in my Christian life...but, a much younger new Christian, listening to you, could be thrown totally and starting to doubt their experience with God.
Do you not see that you are doing the Devils work, throwing doubt and shaking faith. God does do that sometimes later, to test what strength our faith it is when challenged.
But it is usually comes via the Enemy, NOT via someone who calls them self a Christian!!! o_O
You are supposed to HELP the weaker along the way, not hammer them into the ground and throwing doubt on their walk with God.

Woe to you.
agreed

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you denying the power of God .it says whosoever shall call upon the name of th Lord shall be saved ... in today's world we have complicated the plan of salvation.. hold my hand repeat after me.. be baptized. its a 3 step process, only the elect can be saved.. . when God speaks through the Holy spirit .one can be saved anytime anyplace . i know a preacher who has been at it well over 50 years. his testimony. he sat up on the edge of his bed. said Lord if you will save me i will do what ever you want .you can be saved alone in a crowd in a car .stop limiting GOD
Says who??? You? Your “pastor”? Do you know what it means to “call on the name of the lord”? Check out my thread on that subject.
You think that is just some prayer or some call out to God from the foot of your bed? If so then we should find it in Gods word for the Bible is its own best commentary.
Let’s explore your passage a moment....
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Here’s your passage. He doesn’t stop the thought right there.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
You can’t even call until you believe. That does away with saved by belief/faith alone.

and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?
You can’t even believe unless you hear.

and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Paul is teaching that you can’t call until someone has preached. He was teaching this in the first century when they actually did have miraculous powers of the HS. Even then he said you needed a preacher.

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
In order to be saved one must obey the gospel. So, where in all the gospel do we find someone, in obedience, being saved all by themselves? If you are correct there should be plenty of examples.
He closed his remarks with...
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
If something is to be done “in faith” then it must come from the word of God. Your false doctrine doesn’t.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says who??? You? Your “pastor”? Do you know what it means to “call on the name of the lord”? Check out my thread on that subject.
no thanks on your thread .i have read enough to discern junk.... says WHO ? the B I B L E do i know? yuppers i called upon him and h saved me... let me ask you do you know how it feels to be child of God? brush up on your thology
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
question how does a deaf man get saved or Blind man ? by the spirit

Reactions: Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we get the Holy Spirit the moment we are saved........ born of the spirit... no spirit no salvation
Can one be “born of the Spirit” through the Spirits word? We are “born” through obedience to the teaching of the Spirit. That is what that means. It does not mean we all literally receive the Spirit.
They didn’t even receive it in the first century. Read acts 8 and you will see the Samaritans obeying the gospel through the teaching of the Spirit and the text says that they HAD NOT received the HS. We DO NOT receive the HS today for salvation. They didn’t receive it that way in the first century either.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no thanks on your thread .i have read enough to discern junk.... says WHO ? the B I B L E do i know? yuppers i called upon him and h saved me... let me ask you do you know how it feels to be child of God? brush up on your thology question how does a deaf man get saved or Blind man ? by the spirit
How does a deaf person learn anything? Start with that and then we’ll talk about salvation. If a deaf person is unable to learn then are they even able to sin?
I’m glad some of you people weren’t around Helen Keller, she would have amounted to nothing, since you seem to think so little of the deaf and blind.

I didn’t think you would read because you don’t care to learn. You’ll cling to your false man made doctrine and no one or nobody will convince you otherwise because your head is buried in the sand.
It’s ironic that you misspelled theology. Because “Theo” is God. And “thology” has no God in it.
So your own “Thology” is all you have. Godless, man made doctrine.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no thanks on your thread .i have read enough to discern junk.... says WHO ? the B I B L E do i know? yuppers i called upon him and h saved me... let me ask you do you know how it feels to be child of God? brush up on your thology question how does a deaf man get saved or Blind man ? by the spirit

Don’t even waste your breath.
It’s just another person on his own soap-box wanting an audience....they come here, and they go....in time, when no one listens to their rubbish.

It always stands out like a beacon , when we read their posts, that people who do not understand the ‘things of The Spirt’ post.
They see not , neither can they hear.

Bless you ....H

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace and Ezra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can one be “born of the Spirit” through the Spirits word? We are “born” through obedience to the teaching of the Spirit. That is what that means. It does not mean we all literally receive the Spirit.
They didn’t even receive it in the first century. Read acts 8 and you will see the Samaritans obeying the gospel through the teaching of the Spirit and the text says that they HAD NOT received the HS. We DO NOT receive the HS today for salvation. They didn’t receive it that way in the first century either.
Hebrews 13:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
Ephesians 4
4 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

your wind is blowing in the wrong direction .your so far out in left field home plate is not in sight

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I’m sorry but I think I missed your post.
All one needs to do is study the book of Acts..
In acts 2, after the first gospel sermon, believers were told to repent and be baptized for remission of sins. They were then added to the church.
Acts 8 we find Samaritans believing and being baptized
Acts 8 we also find the Eunuch believing and being baptized.
Acts 9 we find Saul believing, repenting, confessing, and being baptized to wash away sins.
Acts 10. We find Cornelius believing and being baptized.
Acts 16 Lydia heard, believed, and was baptized. She then said...if you have found me faithful
Acts 16. The jailor heard the word, repented, was baptized and THEN the text calls him a believer
Acts 18. The corinthians heard, believed and were baptized
Acts 19. The Ephesians received Paul’s word and were baptized a second time to get it right.
NONE of these accounts have people all by themselves being saved.
Salvation, in the NT, ALWAYS included another person present to assist in being immersed in water. This is how the church began but for some reason we, today, think the entire message and action has changed to teach and do whatever you want, whatever is convenient.
I agree with your last sentence.
But, I'm losing the point of this thread.
Jesus gave the keys to the Kingdom to Peter so he could start a church...an institution. Jesus also said that power would be received by the Holy Spirit, Acts 1.

So, in my opinion, we need both:
Spiritually we need God to dwell within us, or we IN CHRIST.

Physically, I believe it's good to attend a fellowship and so did Paul.
Hebrews 10:25

As to your belief that since no one in the bible was saved when by themselves...this is totally meaningless.

Does the bible state the Apostles took baths every now and then?
No. Does this mean they never did?

You can't prove a negative.

I was all alone when I was saved.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does a deaf person learn anything? Start with that and then we’ll talk about salvation. If a deaf person is unable to learn then are they even able to sin?
I’m glad some of you people weren’t around Helen Keller, she would have amounted to nothing, since you seem to think so little of the deaf and blind.

I didn’t think you would read because you don’t care to learn. You’ll cling to your false man made doctrine and no one or nobody will convince you otherwise because your head is buried in the sand.
It’s ironic that you misspelled theology. Because “Theo” is God. And “thology” has no God in it.
So your own “Thology” is all you have. Godless, man made doctrine.
ok spell check i posted before prof reading... your theology is compared to as what JUDE wrote
2 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not clear. John the Baptist DID NOT teach “baptism in the name of the lord”. Johns baptism was a different baptism then what Jesus commanded in the great commission.
Okay, this is a problem. John the baptist gave the clearest, most concise description of baptism...and you aren't clear on it, and now are going off into the detail without that basic understanding.

He described his baptism as a baptism of repentance (not of salvation), and also the saving baptism of Christ as being with the Holy Spirit and with fire. It is as simple as that.

The baptism "in the name of the Lord" is not different, it simply spells out the authority by which Christ's baptism is carried out. But you have made it "in the name of the apostles" and "in the name of water", and who knows what else. But there should be no doubt or such speculations or adding the practices of men. Jesus was clear on how He would send the Holy Spirit and how He would build His church by the spirit of the Father, the example of which was given to Peter, as direct from the Father in spirit. It is only men that have made it something more and something that it is not, by an abuse of power, giving glory to men instead of to God.
The OT NEVER foretold of people being saved all by themselves through the operation of the Spirit. Read acts 3:21-26. I know you don’t much care for acts but it will help you understand what the prophets of old were looking for. They were looking for a savior. Someone who would remove their sins. Ac 3:26
Christ does not remove sins through direct operation of the Spirit. Feel free to show all of those examples if this is what you believe.
They were not looking for the HS. They were looking for a savior.
No one is saved "by themselves", and the fact that you ask people to prove such a thing is as much as evil.

Nonetheless, it is as I first said: "the prophets of old are the precedence." Here is one example, which was then given to all according to the prophecy of Joel, promised by Christ, and confirmed by Peter:

Isaiah 6:7
"And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

“'Behold, this has touched your lips;
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged.'

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The baptism "in the name of the Lord" is not different, it simply spells out the authority by which Christ's baptism is carried out. But you have made it "in the name of the apostles" and "in the name of water", and who knows what else. But there should be no doubt or such speculations or adding the practices of men. Jesus was clear on how He would send the Holy Spirit and how He would build His church by the spirit of the Father, the example of which was given to Peter, as direct from the Father in spirit. It is only men that have made it something more and something that it is not, by an abuse of power, giving glory to men instead of to God.
amen and we wonder why there is so much confusion and division in the Body of Christ

No one is saved "by themselves", and the fact that you ask people to prove such a thing is as much as evil.
Jesus said let no man deceive you in math 24 his o.p question was worded as to say of them selves .. of course were not.. i replied to the way they asked alone.. .cnkw3 should be noted as heretical in nature

Reactions: Helen and ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amen and we wonder why there is so much confusion and division in the Body of Christ

Jesus said let no man deceive you in math 24 his o.p question was worded as to say of them selves .. of course were not.. i replied to the way they asked alone.. .cnkw3 should be noted as heretical in nature
Thank you. While the position of cnkw3 could be called heretical, those whom Christ came for of Israel who crucified Him could also be considered the same, and yet He prayed for their forgiveness "for they know not what they do."

This sort of thing bothers me...but we can be confident that God has intended for good, what men intend for evil (even unknowingly).

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. While the position of cnkw3 could be called heretical, those whom Christ came for of Israel who crucified Him could also be considered the same, and yet He prayed for their forgiveness "for they know not what they do."

This sort of thing bothers me...but we can be confident that God has intended for good, what men intend for evil (even unknowingly).
strong words perhaps.that doesn't mean he so far out he cant change. his beliefs are hard to figure possible reformed or apostolic.either way i cant agree with him

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t even waste your breath.
It’s just another person on his own soap-box wanting an audience....they come here, and the go..in time, when no one listens to their rubbish.

It always stands out like a beacon , when reading posts that people who do not understand the ‘things of The Spirt’ write.
They see not neither , can they hear.

Bless you ....H
To be honest with you, the only audience I care about are the guest. There are always 3 times as many guest as members. I know that people search sites like this but don’t want to participate. I did that years ago for quite a while. Most people dont feel all that confident when talking about the Bible. The only reason I have been on and off these for years is because there just might be one person out there that will read and make a change in order to save their soul.
I have never in years had one “member” of these boards ever make a change to their doctrine. If they did they didn’t broadcast it. The people that post on here do so because they think they are right.
But you are right, I will be gone soon. Not because no one will listen but because I have a life and this takes up too much of it to do it for too long.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 13:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
Ephesians 4
4 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

your wind is blowing in the wrong direction .your so far out in left field home plate is not in sight
So you post a couple of random passages and say they apply to me. Congratulations. That means absolutely nothing. And it don’t help us in trying to understand if Bible examples mean anything or not.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
make a change to their doctrine
what is there to be changed ? how about you post ALL THE ERRORS and back them up with scripture ..this puts the ball in your court

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with your last sentence.
But, I'm losing the point of this thread.
Jesus gave the keys to the Kingdom to Peter so he could start a church...an institution. Jesus also said that power would be received by the Holy Spirit, Acts 1.

So, in my opinion, we need both:
Spiritually we need God to dwell within us, or we IN CHRIST.

Physically, I believe it's good to attend a fellowship and so did Paul.
Hebrews 10:25

As to your belief that since no one in the bible was saved when by themselves...this is totally meaningless.

Does the bible state the Apostles took baths every now and then?
No. Does this mean they never did?

You can't prove a negative.

I was all alone when I was saved.
The Bible doesn’t speak of their bathing practices but it does speak of the way of salvation. It has been commanded by Christ and there is example after example of people obeying the gospel. Do you think Bible examples matter? Do they carry any authority for us? If so, then where are all the examples of people having their sins removed while being all alone. These examples don’t exist for a reason.
I’m going to start another thread and hopefully you will be able to understand why this thread about being saved all alone is not totally meaningless.