CAN WE FALL AWAY ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
just step back and see all the things we must do that sadly we cannot do imho - twinc
You are welcome to your opinion.

God is drawing His to Himself and we who are His must respond and act on His drawing of ourselves to Him. Will he leave us floundering such that we cannot respond? I do not believe so.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, to obtain Godly righteousness, not to keep your salvation secure.
Soooooo, you actually believe that disobedient believers can be saved??
Show me some Scriptural proof of that ludicrous claim . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you apply these verses for doing works towards His saving grace?

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Seems like it confirms for me why I should not cooperate in doing any works towards that saving grace when you and I are both saved for believing in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God has raised Him from the dead. So why do you cooperate with those that deny this truth that you have been saved by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ?
Rom 12:12, 15:13, Heb. 11:1 are about the HOPE of becoming saved.
Hope is the ONE virtue we won't need in Heaven. The Scriptures tell us over and over to have "Hope".

WHY
would a person who believes in OSAS have a need for hope if they are certain that they are guaranteed salvation??

AGAIN - from your own KJV:
Rom. 8:24

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 12:12, 15:13, Heb. 11:1 are about the HOPE of becoming saved.
Hope is the ONE virtue we won't need in Heaven. The Scriptures tell us over and over to have "Hope".

WHY
would a person who believes in OSAS have a need for hope if they are certain that they are guaranteed salvation??

AGAIN - from your own KJV:

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Are you looking at that verse with a half glass empty perspective? Here is the full glass perspective.

The latter end of that verse is just referring to the reception of that hope after this life by that same hope in Jesus Christ.

Again, we are saved now and we shall receive our inheritance of eternal life at the end of this life.

God is not an Indian Giver to having saved us and then take it back. How we are received by Him determines what "kind" of eternal life we will have with Him; the first being like the angels that never die, can never marry, and lives in the city of God; the other being excommunicated and thus disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper in Heaven to be resurrected after the great tribulation to live any where in the world but not at New Jerusalem, in serving the King of kings while they can marry and have children in raising up the coming generations during the millennium reign of Christ.

Since Catholics are so determined to build Christ's kingdom on earth, it could very well be why their mentality is set to be disqualified by their works in catholicism in being left behind, even though they are saved to begin with.

So if you prefer that first inheritance, I suggest you go before that throne of grace for help and discernment to see why you need to depart from the Catholic Church and the works of "salvation" within, if you wish to be received by the Bridegroom as a witness that you had been saved since you had believed in Jesus Christ and the God had raised Him from the dead.

Reactions: Nancy

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my opinion the work we are to do is to enlarge the family of God by telling others about the wonderful free gift of salvation. But the religious do not want others to know it is A FREE GIFT. If they know it is a free gift they can see through their religious work to not sin as being self righteous.

Our work is not to make ourselves look good but to show others the good work that Jesus accomplished on the cross for us. I am not on forums to tell people how righteous I am. I am here to tell others about Jesus, the one who said "he that comes to Me I will not cast out."

I am NOT here to tell others they can't sin and go to heaven. In other words my works for Jesus is to show HIM and what He has done for mankind. If that is not why a person is here then they are not enlarging the family of God. All they are doing is showing they are hypocrites because they sin too.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
It is my opinion the work we are to do is to enlarge the family of God by telling others about the wonderful free gift of salvation. But the religious do not want others to know it is A FREE GIFT. If they know it is a free gift they can see through their religious work to not sin as being self righteous.

Our work is not to make ourselves look good but to show others the good work that Jesus accomplished on the cross for us. I am not on forums to tell people how righteous I am. I am here to tell others about Jesus, the one who said "he that comes to Me I will not cast out."

I am NOT here to tell others they can't sin and go to heaven. In other words my works for Jesus is to show HIM and what He has done for mankind. If that is not why a person is here then they are not enlarging the family of God. All they are doing is showing they are hypocrites because they sin too.

Where ever man has access, like man made forums or fake internet, deceptions follows. wut stopping religious from posting meme all day.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you looking at that verse with a half glass empty perspective? Here is the full glass perspective.

The latter end of that verse is just referring to the reception of that hope after this life by that same hope in Jesus Christ.

Again, we are saved now and we shall receive our inheritance of eternal life at the end of this life.

God is not an Indian Giver to having saved us and then take it back. How we are received by Him determines what "kind" of eternal life we will have with Him; the first being like the angels that never die, can never marry, and lives in the city of God; the other being excommunicated and thus disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper in Heaven to be resurrected after the great tribulation to live any where in the world but not at New Jerusalem, in serving the King of kings while they can marry and have children in raising up the coming generations during the millennium reign of Christ.

Since Catholics are so determined to build Christ's kingdom on earth, it could very well be why their mentality is set to be disqualified by their works in catholicism in being left behind, even though they are saved to begin with.

So if you prefer that first inheritance, I suggest you go before that throne of grace for help and discernment to see why you need to depart from the Catholic Church and the works of "salvation" within, if you wish to be received by the Bridegroom as a witness that you had been saved since you had believed in Jesus Christ and the God had raised Him from the dead.
And this is a PERFECT example of why the OSAS LIE is not only naive - but spiritually arrogant.

The faithful/obedient servant IS saved.
That servant, however, can choose to walk away from God at ANY time because of his FREE WILL and be LOST forever. This is why we are admonished in Scripture to REMAIN faithful to the end.

So - tell me, my Protestant friend - WHICH is it?? Are we saved BY hope or are we saved BY faith or are we saved BY the Blood of Christ or are we saved BY doing God's will??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, disobedient believers are sanctified while already saved.
This is outright heresy.
The idea that we can simply "believe" in God and be disobedient and STILL be saved is a contradiction.

Jesus speaks to that abominable LIE - over and over and over again in the Gospel.
In the Parable of the Talents
In the Parable/Lesson of the Sheep and the Goats
In the Lesson of the Wise and foolish Builders:

Luke 6:46-49
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation.
The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

I suggest you crack open a Bible once in a while . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This is outright heresy.
The idea that we can simply "believe" in God and be disobedient and STILL be saved is a contradiction.

Jesus speaks to that abominable LIE - over and over and over again in the Gospel.
In the Parable of the Talents
In the Parable/Lesson of the Sheep and the Goats
In the Lesson of the Wise and foolish Builders:

Luke 6:46-49
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation.
The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

I suggest you crack open a Bible once in a while . . .

There you go again, using parables to disprove facts. I suggest you learn what parables are meant for. :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go again, using parables to disprove facts. I suggest you learn what parables are meant for. :rolleyes:
What are you talking about??
I just used these three Parables to destroy your position.

Don't just make a moronic hit-and-run claim.
Show me HOW I used these Parables incorrectly . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
What are you talking about??
I just used these three Parables to destroy your position.

Don't just make a moronic hit-and-run claim.
Show me HOW I used these Parables incorrectly . . .

Parables all day long, ain't that right chief.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Parables all day long, ain't that right chief.
Parables are for educating people - like I just educated YOU.

The 3 Parables I presented OBLITERATED your heresy that we can be disobedient to God and STILL be saved.
That's NOT what The Bible teaches, sparky . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Parables are for educating people - like I just educated YOU.

The 3 Parables I presented OBLITERATED your heresy that we can be disobedient to God and STILL be saved.
That's NOT what The Bible teaches, sparky . . .

Right, and you're using them to disprove facts, and the fact is that Jesus died for past present future sins. He doesn't discredit the cross through story telling.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, and you're using them to disprove facts, and the fact is that Jesus died for past present future sins. He doesn't discredit the cross through story telling.
Then show me WHERE the Bible says that we can be disobedient and STILL be saved.

Can you do THAT, at least??

Reactions: amadeus

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then show me WHERE the Bible says that we can be disobedient and STILL be saved.

Can you do THAT, at least??

BOL:
What is being obedient and being disobedient to God in your view? Can you give a few examples of each that severs a relationship with God?

Thanks,

Blessings,

APAK