Can you ever feel a spiritual change coming?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
I was just curious if it was all in my head and coincidental or if other people get it to. But it seems before God moves in my life, or heals me in a way, or gives me a blessing or miracle. If its large enough in scale I can feel it not only with physical symptoms but mental ones too.

For instance One time before he brought me into a new grace, for a good three or four nights I was very restless. I couldn't stop moving and I felt like I was constantly being watched by something I couldn't see, but not in a bad way. I also felt very out of it and loopy in a way but not in an uncomfortable or scary way

Like now, Ive been praying and having faith for six months now or so for a healing from anxiety and depression. Ive at the same time been working through it as far as I could and then leaving what I can't do up to God. Through dreams and visions Jesus has told me face to face "it is time for your healing" and in the dream proceeded to break chains off of me. That dream was about a week and a half ago. Ive kind of felt in my mind that something is coming because im getting anxious I guess like a kid before Christmas. But today ive had an unexplainable feelng. Im physically worn out, very tired like I could lie down and sleep for days but its a nice sleep like those good sleeps you get after running around all day and you lie down and its just a sigh of relief that you get to rest. On and off i get the feeling like my body is floating and when I lie down to go to sleep I feel like Im in a different world. I also kind of feel like..a tug of war between Jesus and this spirit thats been looming over me for years. The same spirit has been looming over my mom since she was a child, and around the time i had the dream she too has been feeling weird (my mom and I are very connected in every day)
I have a feeling that, like the story in the bible. Where God sent the angel to delivery a message and a demon got in his way and he fought it for days. Well I guess in a way I feel like my healing, whatever way its coming is on its way so theres a battle going on around me and the thiis anxiety spirit is getting frisky and acting up, which is making both my mother and I's anxiety worse.

I just wanted to run this by other Christians and make sure Im not crazy. I have the spirit of discernment and I can feel emotions, and I can feel spirits really easily around me and I have a sense of when they are at work. Does any of this make sense?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not crazy.

Intense spiritual experiences can access different parts of the brain......God speaks to us in different ways than we are used to in everyday life. You may be experiencing some disassociation which is a common symptom of depression and can happen when you are involved in a lot of deep prayer. Make sure you balance your prayer life with activity - exercise, work, whatever. Getting too focused only on prayer in not healthy.

blessings

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
Your not crazy.

Intense spiritual experiences can access different parts of the brain......God speaks to us in different ways than we are used to in everyday life. You may be experiencing some disassociation which is a common symptom of depression and can happen when you are involved in a lot of deep prayer. Make sure you balance your prayer life with activity - exercise, work, whatever. Getting too focused only on prayer in not healthy.

blessings

Yeah I get you, and Ive had depression for many years and I don't ever feel like I described when Im depressed. I get tired, but its a different kind of tired. Ive been doing the best I can being active and getting around. With the heat here we're having issues going places since our air conditioners broke in the car, and I also have health issues that make it hard to get around but Im seeing a doctor for them. Im glad Im not crazy though. Ive had many dreams over the past six months where Gods telling me a miracle is coming my way, a healing is coming my way, and all these things. Never in any of these dreams has he told me face to face that its finally time for the healing, until this last dream. I didn't understand why God would tell me in a dream that I have ahealing coming and have no way of knowing when and how so I become anxious that i'll miss my oppurtunity for it as stupid as that sounds. So i don't know if this feeling its Gods way of letting me know its truely almost time, so I don't lose faith in what he's been telling me. God has a way of keeping our faith on its toes when something majors coming, Ive learned that definately.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I get you, and Ive had depression for many years and I don't ever feel like I described when Im depressed. I get tired, but its a different kind of tired. Ive been doing the best I can being active and getting around. With the heat here we're having issues going places since our air conditioners broke in the car, and I also have health issues that make it hard to get around but Im seeing a doctor for them. Im glad Im not crazy though. Ive had many dreams over the past six months where Gods telling me a miracle is coming my way, a healing is coming my way, and all these things. Never in any of these dreams has he told me face to face that its finally time for the healing, until this last dream. I didn't understand why God would tell me in a dream that I have ahealing coming and have no way of knowing when and how so I become anxious that i'll miss my oppurtunity for it as stupid as that sounds. So i don't know if this feeling its Gods way of letting me know its truely almost time, so I don't lose faith in what he's been telling me. God has a way of keeping our faith on its toes when something majors coming, Ive learned that definately.

Dreams are great ways for God to communicate because they represent a larger chunk of reality - words can only describe a small portion of reality - our consciousness is dominated by words. Our subconscious goes beyond words - when we wake from a dream or deep prayer we have a greater sense of knowing, which we may not be able to describe with words. God can tell us more in dreams than He can using simply words.

Hope that makes sense,

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I was just curious if it was all in my head and coincidental or if other people get it to. But it seems before God moves in my life, or heals me in a way, or gives me a blessing or miracle. If its large enough in scale I can feel it not only with physical symptoms but mental ones too.

For instance One time before he brought me into a new grace, for a good three or four nights I was very restless. I couldn't stop moving and I felt like I was constantly being watched by something I couldn't see, but not in a bad way. I also felt very out of it and loopy in a way but not in an uncomfortable or scary way

Like now, Ive been praying and having faith for six months now or so for a healing from anxiety and depression. Ive at the same time been working through it as far as I could and then leaving what I can't do up to God. Through dreams and visions Jesus has told me face to face "it is time for your healing" and in the dream proceeded to break chains off of me. That dream was about a week and a half ago. Ive kind of felt in my mind that something is coming because im getting anxious I guess like a kid before Christmas. But today ive had an unexplainable feelng. Im physically worn out, very tired like I could lie down and sleep for days but its a nice sleep like those good sleeps you get after running around all day and you lie down and its just a sigh of relief that you get to rest. On and off i get the feeling like my body is floating and when I lie down to go to sleep I feel like Im in a different world. I also kind of feel like..a tug of war between Jesus and this spirit thats been looming over me for years. The same spirit has been looming over my mom since she was a child, and around the time i had the dream she too has been feeling weird (my mom and I are very connected in every day)
I have a feeling that, like the story in the bible. Where God sent the angel to delivery a message and a demon got in his way and he fought it for days. Well I guess in a way I feel like my healing, whatever way its coming is on its way so theres a battle going on around me and the thiis anxiety spirit is getting frisky and acting up, which is making both my mother and I's anxiety worse.

I just wanted to run this by other Christians and make sure Im not crazy. I have the spirit of discernment and I can feel emotions, and I can feel spirits really easily around me and I have a sense of when they are at work. Does any of this make sense?

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Once, when I was in church, there had been a move of God, you could feel that it was still there. I thought that we would go on singing, but no one said anything. Then all of a sudden I felt something, like a wind that wasn't there, and the presence was gone. Btw, no we didn't continue worship, that was the end of the meeting. It was incredible, because I realised that God had been there. Yes, i know that he's everywhere, but I'm talking about a real presence, where you feel that he is in the room. I've never experienced anything like it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it makes perfect sense. Once, when I was in church, there had been a move of God, you could feel that it was still there. I thought that we would go on singing, but no one said anything. Then all of a sudden I felt something, like a wind that wasn't there, and the presence was gone. Btw, no we didn't continue worship, that was the end of the meeting. It was incredible, because I realised that God had been there. Yes, i know that he's everywhere, but I'm talking about a real presence, where you feel that he is in the room. I've never experienced anything like it.

Yep!

This is one of the reasons being a Materialist (scientist) is so limiting. They claim that reality is only what we can sense, BUT what they really are saying is reality only consists of what we can describe with words. Unfortunately, we can only describe about 20% of what we can sense. And this doesn't even cover the reality we cannot sense!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Yep!

This is one of the reasons being a Materialist (scientist) is so limiting. They claim that reality is only what we can sense, BUT what they really are saying is reality only consists of what we can describe with words. Unfortunately, we can only describe about 20% of what we can sense. And this doesn't even cover the reality we cannot sense!

There was this movie on rock music I watched, where the man stated this, what we cannot see is reality. The reality of our world is that there are forces that we cannot see and they are at battle.

CallMeMustang

Jul 23, 2011
I appreciate the replies. I know that its often to feel the Holy Spirit move during church, or prayer, or worship. What i feel is a constant feeling all day sometimes for days on end. I feel almost like, Im in this reality where its only me Jesus/God and my angels and there is noone else around. Theres something intimidating about the feeling but something positive because I know something is coming.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I appreciate the replies. I know that its often to feel the Holy Spirit move during church, or prayer, or worship. What i feel is a constant feeling all day sometimes for days on end. I feel almost like, Im in this reality where its only me Jesus/God and my angels and there is noone else around. Theres something intimidating about the feeling but something positive because I know something is coming.

Perhaps you do have a gift of the Spirit. Apart from that, humans are spiritual creatures. We often like to deny it, but we are. We can sense spiritual presence.

Keep close to Jesus
smile.gif

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
One time I went through a massive change, I was battling with what I thought were really terrible people at the time, they turned out to be demon possessed. One day I couldn't sleep I couldn't eat I had an unbelievable amount of strength and energy. This went on for a few days and instead of sleeping I would laugh hysterically for hours on end and just go to work the next day. At my friends wedding God filled me up with this power like I never thought possible and these demonic attacks were continuing I became full of a righteous anger and began growling like a lion, and some of the glass in the room broke and the power went out for a few blocks. The guy who was the most possessed, passed out and soiled himself. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were bright blue-green like lights and my life has never been the same since.