Canada could imprison for life for speaking wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know there was censorship here in the USA against antivaxxers and Trump supporters. I'm not totally seeing the connection with the Canadian potential laws, but they are inline with censorship ideas.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with hate speech. People who hate evil are good people as long as they don't take actions to upset God. We are to pray for our enemies. But under Canadian law could I be imprisoned for life for expressing hate towards that which is evil?

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.

Last edited:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I seeing this right? This is right out of the Nazi playbook:
Canadian law endorsed by Trudeau government could imprison people for life for speech crimes

But these laws are against people speaking genocide and hate. Which is different yet similar.

Which goes along my thoughts that some of the USA government has been following European and UK ideas and turning the country into a Nazi regime.
Dev, the article isn't showing. It says we have to join to see the content.
So maybe that's why no replies.

But I know what you mean about speech seemingly being curtailed.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, the article isn't showing. It says we have to join to see the content.
So maybe that's why no replies.

But I know what you mean about speech seemingly being curtailed.
It's a way for Canada to imprison people for various speech crimes, one of which I am guessing is speaking out against homosexuality.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point here for people living in the USA is that the democrats and liberals seem to be following UK and Canadian government practices. So if it is approved over there, the democrats will be forcing it on the people of the USA soon enough.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the point here for people living in the USA is that the democrats and liberals seem to be following UK and Canadian government practices. So if it is approved over there, the democrats will be forcing it on the people of the USA soon enough.
Suppose it can happen
Like you speak out in support of Israel against HAMAS, you could be charged with a crime because you might commit a crime in the future based on what you say about something.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But these laws are against people speaking genocide and hate. Which is different yet similar.
The word "hate" is rather ambiguous when dealing with such a range of social ideologies.

Refusing to use someones gender identity pronouns as they wish could be viewed as a hate crime.

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Canadian law endorsed by Trudeau government could imprison people for life for speech crimes

Which goes along my thoughts that some of the USA government has been following European and UK ideas and turning the country into a Nazi regime.

You gotta be careful about what you read on any news outlet. There are very few that don't have considerable poetic license in their "journalism." :cool:

:hearteyes:

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The big battle we're in is mostly between believers and non-believers (atheists). The non-believers are mostly influenced by atheistic Marxism, which is a deadly societal disease, bringing tyranny and misery to all who fall under its control. We are seeinig this battle play out today, before our very eyes. And most Americans are completely naive to recognize it. Like sheep gonig to the slaughter.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They better get to buildin' some prisons.

They're gonna have themselves some people to house and feed real quick-like.

:hearteyes:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The big battle we're in is mostly between believers and non-believers (atheists). The non-believers are mostly influenced by atheistic Marxism, which is a deadly societal disease, bringing tyranny and misery to all who fall under its control. We are seeinig this battle play out today, before our very eyes. And most Americans are completely naive to recognize it. Like sheep gonig to the slaughter.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This on MSN

Sounds like they're going the route of the thought police too.

"... The law would also allow a provincial judge to impose house arrest and a fine if there were reasonable grounds to believe a defendant "will commit" an offense –"

The identity of Hate Speech, is a subjective allusion.

Our, and Canadian Christians, objection to gay and Trans sin , could be considered Hate Speech.

Which gives this Online Harms Act an opportune inroad to assail Christians rights. Again.

What's happening to Canada?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our, and Canadian Christians, objection to gay and Trans sin , could be considered Hate Speech.

Which gives this Online Harms Act an opportune inroad to assail Christians rights. Again.
Christian rights?
Do you think we Christians have a right to spew Hate Speech?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your community that advocates the sins of Sodomites and Trans-afflicted, the Bible is Hate Speech for calling it sin.
My community?
I don't advocate the sins of anyone. ???
Especially not the Hate Speech of Christians.

Your post is Hate Speech. Repent.

St. SteVen said:
Christian rights?
Do you think we Christians have a right to spew Hate Speech?

/