Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....thus @Marymog can not point to ONE Scripture that says “Mary was a perpetual virgin”, WHICH would mean Mary Failed to DO as Scripture DOES TEACH, for a wife to be subject to her husband.

God Bless,
Taken
And YOU can't point to one vs in Scripture that says she wasn't a perpetual virgin.....soooo we are back to square one!

She was subject to GOD...not her husband!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not OF your Catholic Church, you are.
Are you confessing YOU do not know ‘WHY’ your Catholic Church teaches, Mary’s perpetual Virginity?
Because my question was ‘WHY’, not “WHAT” your church has taught for 2,000 years!
No, I know why The Church teaches that she is a perpetual virgin. Because Scripture NEVER says she had other children and Scripture never names any other child besides Jesus.

You have it backwards. The question is WHY Protestants reject a 2,000 year teaching of Christianity. Not why Christianity has taught the same thing for 2,000 years. For you see when a person comes up with a new teaching that disagrees with the current teaching burden is on them to show why 2,000 years of teaching should be changed. Sooooooo the burden is on you to prove WHY.....not the other way around.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary’s perpetual VIRGINITY is what Catholic’s Preach...
Well, some protestants teach it also sooooo you are wrong....Once again! (do you ever get tired of being wrong)

And since you say that it is what The Catholic Church teaches then you must certainly agree that The Catholic Church has been around since at least 150AD since that is the 1st teaching of it outside of Scripture.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU can't point to one vs in Scripture that says she wasn't a perpetual virgin.....soooo we are back to square one!

She was subject to GOD...not her husband!

No we are not to square one.
YOU teach Mary WAS a “perpetual Virgin”...
I didn’t.
I asked you WHY, you teach Mary was a “perpetual Virgin”.
You don’t know WHY your Church taught you that, or WHY YOU teach it.

soooo <—— Is that just a immature habit or do you stutter and write as you speak?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the time I spent. Is that not what you thanked me for...?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem. 10:23

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:5-7

I suggest that God leads people into truth. Does He not? How much truth do I have? Only what He has given me. How much truth do I lack? All the rest of it.

There really is no limit to what God can give us, unless it is according to the limit, we place on Him. Does He not allow that by what men name as free will?

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:51

"For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me." John 6:55-57

"Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?" John 6:60

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

So, I won't say it, but your denial or unbelief, or ignorance does not change what God did, does it?

Consider why many left Jesus. Do you really believe it was because he told them to eat a bit of bread made from grain or to drink a bit of wine made from grapes?

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him" John 6:66
They did not understand as you do not understand. You hear the explanations made by men without question instead of asking of God. Will God not answer us when we ask of Him?
Thank you.................

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we are not to square one.
YOU teach Mary WAS a “perpetual Virgin”...
I didn’t.
I asked you WHY, you teach Mary was a “perpetual Virgin”.
You don’t know WHY your Church taught you that, or WHY YOU teach it.

soooo <—— Is that just a immature habit or do you stutter and write as you speak?
Lol Taken....I do love how your true colors are showing. TRYING to belittle me by suggesting that I am "immature" or that I possibly have a speech impediment. I ssssuspect it makes you ffffeel better about yourself to put other ppppeople down. I would ask for an apology, but I don't think I will get one......:(

What the heck......Will you apologize for your degrading remarks? :rolleyes:

Soooooooooooooooooo.....I certainly ddddon't know how much clearer I can be TTTTaken. The REAL question is WHY DO YOU REJECT A 2,000 year old teaching but accept a 500 year old teaching?

Soooooooooooooooo I will repeat what I have already said a couple of times sooooooooo that you know WHY Christianity (Protestant denominations included) has taught for 2,000 years that Mary is a perpetual virgin!

YOU can't point to one vs in Scripture that says she wasn't a perpetual virgin. Post #201

The Catholic Church teaches that Mary is a perpetual virgin because nowhere, not once, not ever in Scripture does it say she had other children. Protestants can't point to one passage that says she had other children.

Mary’s perpetual virginity are signs of her total consecration (body, mind and spirit) to God. (some) Protestants can't fathom that. They think that the mother of God was 'just like any other woman'. God and Jesus didn't think that, but (some) Protestants do.

The Church accepts the earliest writings/teachings outside the bible (early 2nd century) of the men who lived closest to the time of Christ that she was a perpetual virgin. (some) Protestants accept the writings of men who lived 1,500 years after the time of Christ (because they knew better somehow?) o_O Post #186

The funny thing is YOU are in disagreement with your Protestant brothers AND your Catholic brothers. Soooooooooo wwwhat makes YOU right and everyone else wrong kiddo?

Mary

PS: Merry Christmas!!

PS: a person who struggles with stuttering begins the wwwwword they are trying to ssssay with a stutter. When I type sooooooooooo I am ENDING the word by drawing it out. This would be a stutterer saying the word "so": sssssssso.

Sooooooooooooo once again you gggggot it wrong!

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a strange question posed to you...

“Apostolic Succession” IS a Catholic taught term, and by all accounts appears to be a term established BY Catholics.
The question is strange....because you were not “teaching or preaching” Apostolic Succession, for it to matter what it means to you.
Well then Taken....Thank you for confirming that the Apostles are Catholic since they practiced Apostolic Succession.

Then they prayed and said, "For it is written in the book of Psalms, 'Let his homestead become desolate, and let there be no one to live in it’; and ‘Let another take his position of overseer.’.....“Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which one of these two you have chosen 25 to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.”

Ever read Titus 1:5?

I find it "strange" that you are commenting on Scripture when you haven't even read it! Scripture just keeps destroying your belief system....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I know why The Church teaches that she is a perpetual virgin. Because Scripture NEVER says she had other children and Scripture never names any other child besides Jesus

Uh ...

You have it backwards.

LOL :rolleyes:

The question is WHY Protestants reject a 2,000 year teaching of Christianity.

Obviously, that was not my question.

Not why Christianity has taught the same thing for 2,000 years.

For you see when a person comes up with a new teaching that disagrees with the current teaching burden is on them to show why 2,000 years of teaching should be changed.

Obviously, I said nothing about “a new teaching”.

Sooooo the burden is on you to prove WHY.....not the other way around.

Sooooo <—-:p You think “I” should prove to “you” WHY “Protestants” reject what “Catholics” have taught for 2,000 years ?

My question did not mention “Protestants”...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, some protestants teach it also sooooo you are wrong....Once again! (do you ever get tired of being wrong)

LOL :p Funny, but shows your character. I have not YET disagreed with you.
So, what is it I’m WRONG about?

And since you say that it is what The Catholic Church teaches

Finishing what I actually ASKED was WHY....

then you must certainly agree that The Catholic Church has been around since at least 150AD since that is the 1st teaching of it outside of Scripture .

Wow, interesting. You are (with some glimmer of pride) saying the Catholic Church has been around ... since at least 150AD....“teaching outside of Scripture”....

Yipes, I do not find that something to boast about! :confused:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh ...

LOL :rolleyes:

Obviously, I said nothing about “a new teaching”.

Sooooo <—-:p You think “I” should prove to “you” WHY “Protestants” reject what “Catholics” have taught for 2,000 years ?

My question did not mention “Protestants”...
You are an interesting person Taken....Lots of words but no substance.

None the less...Merry Christmas.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL :p Funny, but shows your character. I have not YET disagreed with you.
So, what is it I’m WRONG about?
Taken,

That is true. You have not disagreed with me that some Protestants also teach perpetual virginity. But let's keep it real instead of playing your word games:

Can you show me one post of yours where you include some Protestant denominations when speaking of the teaching of perpetual virginity? Because the only post I remember are you saying THE CATHOLICS TEACH, TELL ME WHY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES, YOU CATHOLICS TEACH!!! blah blah blah

Show me one post of yours that says SOME PROTESTANT CHURCHES TEACH.....in regards to Perpetual virginity

Since the year 150AD Christianity has taught Mary's perpetual virginity. There were SOME from the Revolution of the 16th century that questioned that teaching and twisted 1,500 years of teaching to their own liking. SOME of those Revolutionary Protestant Churches didn't question that teaching and they still teach perpetual virginity doctrine.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO when you say that THE CATHOLICS TEACH....it is not the full truth.....that makes you wrong by omission. Catholics AND Protestants teach it and so did the 2nd century Christians who, according to your history book, were not even Catholic. Ugggg....I hate playing your word games!

Mary Christmas

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol Taken....I do love how your true colors are showing. TRYING to belittle me by suggesting that I am "immature" or that I possibly have a speech impediment. I ssssuspect it makes you ffffeel better about yourself to put other ppppeople down. I would ask for an apology, but I don't think I will get one......:(

Soooooooooooooooooo.....I certainly ddddon't know how much clearer I can be TTTTaken. The REAL question is WHY DO YOU REJECT A 2,000 year old teaching but accept a 500 year old teaching?
[/QUOTE]

Quote me Rejecting, then ask me WHY...:D

Soooooooooooooooo I will repeat what I have already said a couple of times sooooooooo that you know WHY Christianity (Protestant denominations included) has taught for 2,000 years that Mary is a perpetual virgin!

YOU FINALLY ADMITTED, because Catholics TEACH OUTSIDE OF SCRIPTURE....and HAVE for centuries

YOU can't point to one vs in Scripture that says she wasn't a perpetual virgin. Post #201

You never asked What I believe, or why, nor did I say.

The Catholic Church teaches that Mary is a perpetual virgin because nowhere, not once, not ever in Scripture does it say she had other children. Protestants can't point to one passage that says she had other children.

Got that from your last post.

Mary’s perpetual virginity are signs of her total consecration (body, mind and spirit) to God. (some) Protestants can't fathom that. They think that the mother of God was 'just like any other woman'. God and Jesus didn't think that, but (some) Protestants do.

The Church accepts the earliest writings/teachings outside the bible (early 2nd century) of the men who lived closest to the time of Christ that she was a perpetual virgin. (some) Protestants accept the writings of men who lived 1,500 years after the time of Christ (because they knew better somehow?) o_O Post #186

Irrelevant.

The funny thing is YOU are in disagreement with your Protestant brothers AND your Catholic brothers. Soooooooooo wwwhat makes YOU right and everyone else wrong kiddo?

The sad thing is....you believe, Mary is perpetual virgin Yet post after post could not answer a simple question of WHY YOU believe Mary is a perpetual....but returned in reply repeatedly deflecting off topic, with your immature drawn out typing and accusing me of disagreeing with you, when I had made NO comment of disagreeing with you, nor did I say I was a Protestant, nor did I say Catholics are my brothers....and you wanting an apology from me.
Sad and typically comical... :p

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Quote me Rejecting, then ask me WHY...:D

YOU FINALLY ADMITTED, because Catholics TEACH OUTSIDE OF SCRIPTURE....and HAVE for centuries

Got that from your last post.

Irrelevant.

The sad thing is....you believe, Mary is perpetual virgin Yet post after post could not answer a simple question of WHY YOU believe Mary is a perpetual....but returned in reply repeatedly deflecting off topic, with your immature drawn out typing and accusing me of disagreeing with you, when I had made NO comment of disagreeing with you, nor did I say I was a Protestant, nor did I say Catholics are my brothers....and you wanting an apology from me.
Sad and typically comical... :p
[/QUOTE]
Your true c o l o r s are showing Taken...and it's not pretty. :(

Like I predicted in post #205 "I would ask for an apology, but I don't think I will get one......:('

You are sooooo predictable. ;)

I also knew you would never answer WHY you reject Christian teaching. But I already know why......I just wanted to hear you say it. How did I know why you reject it? Glad you asked: because you are predictable!! I know what you are going to say before you say it.

It's been fun watching my predictions come true....thank you and Mary Christmas!!

PS: Show me in Scripture where it says Mary was not a virgin at her death and I will join your cult

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken,

That is true. You have not disagreed with me

PERIOD!

that some Protestants also teach perpetual virginity.

Irrelevant...nothing to do with what some Protestants teach...
I did not disagree with you PERIOD....but YOU SAID I DID...

But let's keep it real instead of playing your word games:

“MY” Word GAMES....pfff ..Keep it real....pfff.....
REAL is when I SPEAK FOR MYSELF....
Game playing is ON YOU, making up crap, and “PRETENDING “ what YOU SAY FOR ME, “IS what I have said FOR ME”...

Can you show me one post of yours where you include some Protestant denominations when speaking of the teaching of perpetual virginity?

LOL...this is YOU KEEPING it REAL? LOL.
You want me to SHOW YOU a post of mine talking about Protestant denominations speaking of the teaching of perpetual virginity?
LOL...impossible, I never posted that to you.
THAT WAS IN YOUR POSTS, NOT MINE!

Because the only post I remember are you saying THE CATHOLICS TEACH, TELL ME WHY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES, YOU CATHOLICS TEACH!!! blah blah blah

YOU posted as a Catholic, what YOU Believe.
I ASKED WHY you believe what YOU POSTED.
Do you KNOW the difference between ME SPEAKING FOR YOU?
And ME ASKING YOU A QUESTION?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO when you say that THE CATHOLICS TEACH....it is not the full truth.....that makes you wrong by omission. Catholics AND Protestants teach it and so did the 2nd century Christians who, according to your history book, were not even Catholic. Ugggg....I hate playing your word games!

I’m not fond of conversing with a Catholic ... such as yourself....who is asked a simple question....and post after post Does not answer the question, but instead Deflects to other topics, Speaks for the other, Makes false accusations, Deflects some more, Wants the other to Defend their position...(that they NEVER stated), and carries on and on and on with immature SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO typing.

I thought for a moment, you were in competition with BOL, for being the most deflective, speaking for others and accusatory.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PERIOD!

Irrelevant...nothing to do with what some Protestants teach...
I did not disagree with you PERIOD....but YOU SAID I DID...

“MY” Word GAMES....pfff ..Keep it real....pfff.....
REAL is when I SPEAK FOR MYSELF....
Game playing is ON YOU, making up crap, and “PRETENDING “ what YOU SAY FOR ME, “IS what I have said FOR ME”...

LOL...this is YOU KEEPING it REAL? LOL.
You want me to SHOW YOU a post of mine talking about Protestant denominations speaking of the teaching of perpetual virginity?
LOL...impossible, I never posted that to you.
THAT WAS IN YOUR POSTS, NOT MINE!

YOU posted as a Catholic, what YOU Believe.
I ASKED WHY you believe what YOU POSTED.
Do you KNOW the difference between ME SPEAKING FOR YOU?
And ME ASKING YOU A QUESTION?

I’m not fond of conversing with a Catholic ... such as yourself....who is asked a simple question....and post after post Does not answer the question, but instead Deflects to other topics, Speaks for the other, Makes false accusations, Deflects some more, Wants the other to Defend their position...(that they NEVER stated), and carries on and on and on with immature SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO typing.

I thought for a moment, you were in competition with BOL, for being the most deflective, speaking for others and accusatory.
you crack be up taken....Lot's of words but no substance.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm..... You have it backwards Taken.

The teaching that Mary is a perpetual virgin has been taught by The Church since the beginning. It was the first teaching of Christianity. The teaching that Mary had other children took hold 500 years ago AFTER the Protestant Revolution.

So the real questions you should be asking is: Why do Protestants claim that Mary WASN'T a perpetual virgin and go against what Christianity has taught for almost 2,000 years? Why do Protestants accept a 500-year teaching of men but reject a 2,000-year teaching of The Church?

Keeping it real....Mary
It is the Bible that determines whether or not something is true, not "church fathers", not scholars, not church "saints", not seminaries.

The Samaritans believed in traditions that were taught to them for a very long time, and Jesus ended up dropping a bombshell on them that their beliefs were still false. Just because Catholics were told to believe Mary remained a virgin the rest of her life for 1900 years doesn't inherently make it true. A lie is still a lie, no matter how far it spread or how long it's been taught.

Using this pitifully weak argument, Orthodox Jews should discount everything Jesus said because the things He revealed aren't as old as their beliefs.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is the Bible that determines whether or not something is true, not "church fathers", not scholars, not church "saints", not seminaries.
The Church Fathers preserved and compiled the Holy Books, or we wouldn't have a "Bible" in the first place. Your argument is self defeating.

The Samaritans believed in traditions that were taught to them for a very long time, and Jesus ended up dropping a bombshell on them that their beliefs were still false. Just because Catholics were told to believe Mary remained a virgin the rest of her life for 1900 years doesn't inherently make it true. A lie is still a lie, no matter how far it spread or how long it's been taught.
Not one early reformers agree with you. They all taught and believed the perpetual virginity of Mary. That you can rebel against them makes you a true Protestant.

In fact, "Mary a sinner" and "Mary had other children" was never heard of in any Protestant church until the 18th century. They are man made traditions.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Desire,

Soooooo the bible self-authenticates itself? Is that what you are saying?

What if your 'truth' (interpretation) of a passage from Scripture is opposite of what an Apostolic Father has written about the same passage. Should I believe the Apostolic Father (a student of an Apostle) or should I believe YOU?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Using this pitifully weak argument, Orthodox Jews should discount everything Jesus said because the things He revealed aren't as old as their beliefs.
Hi Desire,

What passages in Scripture talk about the "bombshell" that Jesus dropped on the Samaratains?

Curious Mary