Catholic issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Protestants opposed valid popes with the authority of Christ so they were in effect opposing Christ

On my part I only doubt the validity of these modern popes based on what they teach
Since you don't teach us the difference or why what you have is better than any so called Protestants, why should anyone make a change? Does not God give any real increases?

I acknowledge your stand based on your faith in what you believe, but you should not expect anyone to presume it is more than that your faith on you say so. Most people, like me, won't even read all lengthy posts including scripture citations. Some of us read our Bibles regularly in any case so what is your purpose? You have yet to ever answer my question about where there is even one church and minister/priest that teaches and preaches what you do rather than supporting the leadership in the Vatican today.

Who is your Pope if it is not Francis?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you don't teach us the difference or why what you have is better than any so called Protestants, why should anyone make a change? Does not God give any real increases?

I acknowledge your stand based on your faith in what you believe, but you should not expect anyone to presume it is more than that your faith on you say so. Most people, like me, won't even read all lengthy posts including scripture citations. Some of us read our Bibles regularly in any case so what is your purpose? You have yet to ever answer my question about where there is even one church and minister/priest that teaches and preaches what you do rather than supporting the leadership in the Vatican today.

Stand firm on the original doctrine delivered to the saints in that bible .
Many have come and tried this same line about WHY their church is the only one true church .
The one common thing i found in all of them , was they all sincerly believed in their tradition
AND their traditions , leaders and etc , All had serious , not minor , but serious blasphemies .
STICK to the bible my friend . Let us stay in prayer and do all to point only to JESUS .

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what does Pope Francis have to do with Peter the Apostle or all the other Popes before him, they named themselves successors of Christ, there is no such thing in the Bible of naming Popes as successors of Christ, that is man made.
and those popes always wore decked out clothing , had folks kissing rings . JESUS said to beware of such men .
JESUS said NOT TO LORD up yourself over anyone . THE ENTIRE LINE OF THE PAPACY is not be heeded even once .
JESUS HIMSELF never had folks kissing rings on his hands . Peter and john , paul and barnabas always
shut down worship of men when they saw it . YET all the popes have always LORDED IT OVER the flocks .
Always dressed up and made the clothing broad . ALWAYS had men kissing rings and bowing before them .
DID PAUL, Baranabas , PETER HIMSELF or john or james EVER DO Such a thing .
THEY LIE about peter being the first pope . TRUTH IS , PETER is gonna judge that church on the day of the LORD as will all saints .
They pray to mary , they pray to saints , they pray to angels . HOW GOOD and WHOLESOME is THAT . ITS BLASPHEMY .
IF we dont make our stand NOW , Then like the rest we gonna fall .
Stand on the solid truth of CHRIST my dear friend . I hope that encouraged you my friend . LET no man enter into convenant with the CC .
Instead make our stand now and do all out of great love to warn any soul to not enter into her chambers .

Reactions: JohnPaul

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need but thank you for the offer.

I recognize your place with God even though it is different than mine. I recognize you as a follower of Christ more easily than I do some of the Protestants of today and on Internet forums like this one.

I was looking for some light from our friend @theefaith He is an apparently strong "Catholic" but not willing to submit to the Pope's authority from John XXIII to present.

My question really is to him on how that is different than what the Protestants did a few hundred years ago. Why is it that the Protestants are way off but his group branching off after Pius XII is not similarly way off.

He cannot explain precisely how he is different or better than Protestants in general and will not even admit that he might be standing on faith in God alone on such things.

He suspect that he does not really know the answers to some of my questions. That is OK. I don't know the answers to a lot of questions. Some of them I believe certain things... but I do not know.
My question really is to him on how that is different than what the Protestants did a few hundred years ago. Why is it that the Protestants are way off but his group branching off after Pius XII is not similarly way off.
exactly my friend . HOW IS THAT ANY DIFFERENT . IT AINT . This alone is why i refuse to enter into convenant with such a place .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand
If Francis is not valid then the seat is vacant

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about praying scripture?

not a valid pope is not the same as you’re desired no papacy!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pray to none But GOD . not to mary , not to apostels , not to saints , nor angels . PRAY TO GOD .
HE is all we need .

Genesis 19:2
And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, Ipray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the

Moses intercession was answered

Ex 10:16 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the Lord your God, and against you.

17 Now therefore forgive, I pray thee, my sin only this once, and intreat the Lord your God, that he may take away from me this death only.

18 And he went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the Lord.

19 And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 19:2
And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, Ipray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the

Moses intercession was answered

Ex 10:16 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste; and he said, I have sinned against the Lord your God, and against you.

17 Now therefore forgive, I pray thee, my sin only this once, and intreat the Lord your God, that he may take away from me this death only.

18 And he went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the Lord.

19 And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.
None of those scriptures will ever justify sitting under a false church .
The mormons can quoate the same stuff to justify their church . YOU GONNA RUN and Become a mormon .
exactly .
Your just quoating scrips , to try and JUSTIFY why your church IS the only one .
Anyone can do that . Cling to CHRIST is all i can tell this generation and beware of men for many do deceive .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For most, The Pope is the Bishop of Rome...
Had he merely remained the bishop of Rome, no one would have taken exception. But when the Pope claims to be the Vicar of Christ and have authority over all European kingdoms and churches, then he is a usurper and also an imposter.

"The title pope, once used with far greater latitude (see below, section V), is at present employed solely to denote the Bishop of Rome, who, in virtue of his position as successor of St. Peter, is the chief pastor of the whole Church, the Vicar of Christ upon earth.

Besides the bishopric of the Roman Diocese, certain other dignities are held by the pope as well as the supreme and universal pastorate: he is Archbishop of the Roman Province, Primate of Italy and the adjacent islands, and sole Patriarch of the Western Church. The Church's doctrine as to the pope was authoritatively declared in the Vatican Council in the Constitution "Pastor Aeternus". The four chapters of that Constitution deal respectively with the office of Supreme Head conferred on St. Peter, the perpetuity of this office in the person of the Roman pontiff, the pope's jurisdiction over the faithful, and his supreme authority to define in all questions of faith and morals..."
New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia

Reactions: Brakelite

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those scriptures will ever justify sitting under a false church .
The mormons can quoate the same stuff to justify their church . YOU GONNA RUN and Become a mormon .
exactly .
Your just quoating scrips , to try and JUSTIFY why your church IS the only one .
Anyone can do that . Cling to CHRIST is all i can tell this generation and beware of men for many do deceive .

you live by private judgement

the lambs obey Christ and listen to him and his church

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell itunto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you live by private judgement

the lambs obey Christ and listen to him and his church

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell itunto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Perhaps a primary place in which to encounter our differences would be in what we identify as the "church". You quote verses of scripture about the church without explaining what the church is and who is part of it and who is not. Who knows these things among men?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had he merely remained the bishop of Rome, no one would have taken exception. But when the Pope claims to be the Vicar of Christ and have authority over all European kingdoms and churches, then he is a usurper and also an imposter.

What does vicar of Christ mean?

"The title pope, once used with far greater latitude (see below, section V), is at present employed solely to denote the Bishop of Rome, who, in virtue of his position as successor of St. Peter, is the chief pastor of the whole Church, the Vicar of Christ upon earth.

Besides the bishopric of the Roman Diocese, certain other dignities are held by the pope as well as the supreme and universal pastorate: he is Archbishop of the Roman Province, Primate of Italy and the adjacent islands, and sole Patriarch of the Western Church. The Church's doctrine as to the pope was authoritatively declared in the Vatican Council in the Constitution "Pastor Aeternus". The four chapters of that Constitution deal respectively with the office of Supreme Head conferred on St. Peter, the perpetuity of this office in the person of the Roman pontiff, the pope's jurisdiction over the faithful, and his supreme authority to define in all questions of faith and morals..."
New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia

All are under the authority of Jesus Christ the king Matt 28:28-20

all authority!

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1
One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brothers obeyed and submitted to him.

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps a primary place in which to encounter our differences would be in what we identify as the "church". You quote verses of scripture about the church without explaining what the church is and who is part of it and who is not. Who knows these things among men?
The apostles