Catholic Preist Sings Song About Lucifer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Protestant..I read your whole explanation. It was excellent. You tried to explain it to Robert 4 times and he just ignored it, unwilling to retract his post. He is a 79 year old coot who is set in his ways - with hatred against Catholics. He won't change.
The Bible tells us to love one another and to forgive, not hold grudges because if we do not forgive others, God says he won't forgive us. It sad that there has been this ongoing war between "some" Catholics and Protestants, who carry on this lifelong feud. I doubt they are "born again" believers. The Holy Spirit does not lead His sheep into a pit of hatred. This guy is so condemning about his false suspicions of people singing to Satan, while ironically, he may be one of Satan's tools to fuel hatred?
You think that you are a protestant, but you are really a Catholic sympathizer.

I know what I saw. I saw a Catholic priest singing a song about Lucifer. In his song he said that, "Jesus is the son of Lucifer." Maybe you don't think that there is something wrong about that? It is blasphemy against God the Father, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Worse yet, the pope has embraced Islam. Islam is a militant religion that does not believe that Jesus is the Christ. The pope calls his new religion "Chrislam". The Catholic church is full of surprises, what's next?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Protestant..I read your whole explanation. It was excellent. You tried to explain it to Robert 4 times and he just ignored it, unwilling to retract his post. He is a 79 year old coot who is set in his ways - with hatred against Catholics. He won't change.
Thank you, Ronald. I appreciate your support.
The Bible tells us to love one another and to forgive, not hold grudges because if we do not forgive others, God says he won't forgive us.
I agree.
It sad that there has been this ongoing war between "some" Catholics and Protestants, who carry on this lifelong feud. I doubt they are "born again" believers. The Holy Spirit does not lead His sheep into a pit of hatred. This guy is so condemning about his false suspicions of people singing to Satan, while ironically, he may be one of Satan's tools to fuel hatred?
Again, everything you wrote here, I agree with. I really don't get how some people claim to be "Christian" while behaving very UN Christian.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been pondering for days whether or not I should put this on the Forum. I cannot get it off of my mind, so here it is. Google "Catholic priest sings song about Lucifer" and see for yourself. I didn't think much about the song, but when he said that "Jesus was the son of Lucifer" that did it for me. I knew then that I was going to have to say something about this. First there was the Chrislam thing and now the Lucifer song. Maybe there are some Catholics that will come out of Catholicism as the results of the Lucifer song.
Do not believe everything you see and hear, AI deep fakes are now a thing, if it's on video, somebody else can use AI to edit their voice and mix their words to make them say whatever they want, even though he or she didn't actually say that.

• Wow
Reactions: dev553344 and Mr E

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Ronald. I appreciate your support.

I agree.

Again, everything you wrote here, I agree with. I really don't get how some people claim to be "Christian" while behaving very UN Christian.
You are interpreting truth as anger. Paul said, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 3:16. It is not unchristian to reveal the truth. You have made the Catholic church your Jesus.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

as an adj lūcifer: Latin adjectives, Cactus2000 Under this one, notice the German :Licht bringend

I use cactus 2000 all the time in our Latin classes.
So, you want to believe that someone spent hours making up a false website to make Catholics look bad?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you want to believe that someone spent hours making up a false website to make Catholics look bad?
Anyone can make a website and be honestly misinformed. So you want to believe that some scholars made up Latin dictionaries to make Satan look good?

(Cactus 2000 covers pre ecclesiastical time too.)

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can make a website and be honestly misinformed. So you want to believe that some scholars made up Latin dictionaries to make Satan look good?

(Cactus 2000 covers pre ecclesiastical time too.)
The Bible interprets the word "Lucifer" to mean Satan, Isaiah 14:12-14.

Reactions: David in NJ

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible interprets the word "Lucifer" to mean Satan, Isaiah 14:12-14.
Oh, o.k. So because the writers of *your* bible have interpreted the HEBREW word of "he-lel" to mean "Lucifer", YOU say, "That's right."

Wow. Talk about not thinking for yourself...

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, o.k. So because the writers of *your* bible have interpreted the HEBREW word of "he-lel" to mean "Lucifer", YOU say, "That's right."

Wow. Talk about not thinking for yourself...
My KJV Bible says that Lucifer is Satan, Isaiah 14:12. I always go by what the Bible says because I believe that the Bible is the word of God. You go by what the Catholic church says.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My KJV Bible says that Lucifer is Satan, Isaiah 14:12. I always go by what the Bible says because I believe that the Bible is the word of God. You go by what the Catholic church says.
Like I mentioned above, the KJV and the NKJV are only two of very few versions of the bible that interprets Isaiah 14:12 to be Satan. And there's only, ohhhhhh....a few hundred versions of the bible available, MOST of them, not being Catholic. And yet, MOST of those versions translate Isaiah 14:12 as "the morning star", and NOT another name for satan.

And no, I don't go by what the Catholic Church says JUST because the Catholic Church says so. My FIRST authority is Jesus, and if I feel that *my* church is going against what Jesus has preached, I'll stick by Jesus' words anytime.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I mentioned above, the KJV and the NKJV are only two of very few versions of the bible that interprets Isaiah 14:12 to be Satan. And there's only, ohhhhhh....a few hundred versions of the bible available, MOST of them, not being Catholic. And yet, MOST of those versions translate Isaiah 14:12 as "the morning star", and NOT another name for satan.

And no, I don't go by what the Catholic Church says JUST because the Catholic Church says so. My FIRST authority is Jesus, and if I feel that *my* church is going against what Jesus has preached, I'll stick by Jesus' words anytime.
The KJV is the oldest and most accurate. Under the New Covenant the Commandments that Jesus taught which is the Mosiac law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Without law there is no Catholic religion because it is a law based religion.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV is the oldest and most accurate.
No, it isn't. The KJV only came into existence in 1611 a.d. Hence, King James Version. Catholics have been relying on the Latin Vulgate since St. Jerome translated the ancient manuscripts into Latin, in 382 a.d.
Under the New Covenant the Commandments that Jesus taught which is the Mosiac law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Without law there is no Catholic religion because it is a law based religion.
Jesus didn't abolish the Commandments. He amended them. He fulfilled them, as he said he would.

Seriously Robert, read your bible history...

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that you are a protestant, but you are really a Catholic sympathizer.

I know what I saw. I saw a Catholic priest singing a song about Lucifer. In his song he said that, "Jesus is the son of Lucifer." Maybe you don't think that there is something wrong about that? It is blasphemy against God the Father, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Worse yet, the pope has embraced Islam. Islam is a militant religion that does not believe that Jesus is the Christ. The pope calls his new religion "Chrislam". The Catholic church is full of surprises, what's next?
Life or death. Tick tock, tick tock.

• Haha
Reactions: Mink57

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it isn't. The KJV only came into existence in 1611 a.d. Hence, King James Version. Catholics have been relying on the Latin Vulgate since St. Jerome translated the ancient manuscripts into Latin, in 382 a.d.

Jesus didn't abolish the Commandments. He amended them. He fulfilled them, as he said he would.

Seriously Robert, read your bible history...
The law and the commandments have been abolished, but only for those that believe the Gospel.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. To everyone that believes the Gospel. Since you don't believe the Gospel, you are under the law and will be judged by the law.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law and the commandments have been abolished, but only for those that believe the Gospel.
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Matthew 5:17.
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. To everyone that believes the Gospel. Since you don't believe the Gospel, you are under the law and will be judged by the law.
I DO believe in the Gospel. I just don't believe in the KJV translation, nor do I believe in *your* interpretation.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Matthew 5:17.

I DO believe in the Gospel. I just don't believe in the KJV translation, nor do I believe in *your* interpretation.
What you really don't believe is the apostle Paul. No, you don't believe the Gospel. If you did you would not be a Catholic.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you really don't believe is the apostle Paul. No, you don't believe the Gospel. If you did you would not be a Catholic.
Again, not even close to the truth.

Where in the world did you get the idea that I don't believe Paul? Just because *you* may interpret Paul one way, and *I* another, doesn't mean I don't "believe" him. In fact, there is NOTHING in the bible that I don't agree with. I just agree with it differently than you do.

I have read and re-read the bible in its entirety several times, and yes...I am still Catholic.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, not even close to the truth.

Where in the world did you get the idea that I don't believe Paul? Just because *you* may interpret Paul one way, and *I* another, doesn't mean I don't "believe" him. In fact, there is NOTHING in the bible that I don't agree with. I just agree with it differently than you do.

I have read and re-read the bible in its entirety several times, and yes...I am still Catholic.
Because you are trusting in the Catholic church for your salvation and not in Christ, you are void of the Holy Spirit and are without understanding. The Pharisees also studied the scriptures. They said that the Torah was the way, the truth and the life and was the light that lightens every man. John took what the Pharisees said about the Torah and applied it to Jesus. You have made the Catholic church your Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.