Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And NONE of this has anything to do with your rejection of Christ's Church.
You use Scripture as a smokescreen so that people won't recognize your counterfeit beliefs.
By the word of God, I have made known to you your folly and your fate. His word is true. And your refusing to hear, is on you.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you haven't read Matt. 18:15-18.

Jesus said that if a a "BROTHER" (adelphos) sins against you and refuses to listen.
This is proof that true believers can fall away. Now, in this passage, Jesus gives is a prescription to settle the matter - but according to YOU - He was wasting His time because you are "above" His prescription.

This is a cop out and a non-answer because the alternative is that you MUST agree that we cannot have tens of thousands of denominations . . .
Come on, this is my "BROTHER" and he wants to continue sleeping with my wife? It was a bad scenario created by you to make a point. But you think a priest could settle the matter. The priest could stop this man? And I should not forgive him cause he doesn't want forgiveness. Ok it's your scenario you can play it out however you want.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All relationships need work by both parties. All relationships can wither on the vine or be cut off. Thankfully, ending our relationship with God is our decision.

Reactions: Pisteuo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on, this is my "BROTHER" and he wants to continue sleeping with my wife? It was a bad scenario created by you to make a point. But you think a priest could settle the matter. The priest could stop this man? And I should not forgive him cause he doesn't want forgiveness. Ok it's your scenario you can play it out however you want.
You're avoiding the entire point of Christ's prescription for settling matters between Christians - when one of them won't relent.
The reason you're doing this and refusing to answer the question is because the alternative is unthinkable to you: That there can only be ONE fully united Church and not tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects.

If you were honest and answered the question - you would realize that there is NO WAY that tens of thousands of "hierarchies" could ever be what Jesus willed for His Church in Matt. 18:15-18.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the word of God, I have made known to you your folly and your fate. His word is true. And your refusing to hear, is on you.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches.
No - you simply quote Scripture. An atheist can quote Scripture.
You need to actually learn what it means.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And doctrinal diifferences forced on people is going to unite us? Yeah that has worked so well during the passed 2,000 years......

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you quote a Catholic Canon of Scripture if the Catholic Church is an "evil" entity?
Catholic canon. Sorry KJ is church of england, are you Jealous. Never said the bible was evil just that is it not the word of God, If it was you would be walking in truth but clearly you are not.
Why do you trust the Catholic Church to have compiled and declared the Canon of God's Word??
Sounds like a giant hypocrisy to me
I dont my faith is in Jesus Christ in who is the truth and is no lie.

As for Hypocrisy cleary you are well versed in it for that is what you whole religion is, a great Hypocrisy.

This bit
1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

See you are joined to the catholic church, the catholic doctrines, the catholic hierarchy and the sins of your church. It is a lie and so as it is so you are.

You know teh fruit of the spirit

Gal_5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

you have none of that

like this

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

You have nothing on God, you do not own Him, He is not your puppet, and HE cannot be a part of that which is not og Him.

Like this

See when one goes to Christ

1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

And as I said before, how can a blind man who refuses to see ever contemplate the light.

Joh_3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

And still men build there fortresses around themselves to keep God out.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - you simply quote Scripture. An atheist can quote Scripture.
You need to actually learn what it means.
maybe if you stop shouting for long enough that still small voice might have a chance to speak and then you will learn what it means.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That there can only be ONE fully united Church and not tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects.
Yep and its not your and it is not any of mens, I know you hate teh truth but there it is.

For you it shall not be, rings in my ears but you church replaced Jesus with teh pope, usurped His authority and'

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom_1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Who has rejected His church those who reject His truth. as you do daily.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And doctrinal diifferences forced on people is going to unite us? Yeah that has worked so well during the passed 2,000 years......
No - obedience to Christ and submission to the Authority of His Church is what will unite us.
Disobedience = tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering sects.
Disobedience = would-be Catholics like you going to Protestant services because they aren't "being fed".

Doctrinal differences are the fruit of the pride and disobedience of MEN . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic canon. Sorry KJ is church of england, are you Jealous. Never said the bible was evil just that is it not the word of God, If it was you would be walking in truth but clearly you are not.

Really - you can't be this dense.
You go by the King James Version and you think it's NOT the Catholic Canon of the New Testament??

The Catholic Church declared the Canon of Scripture in the 4th century.
The KJV is a 17th century translation of the CATHOLIC Canon of Scripture.

Good grief - crack open a history book once in a while . . .
I dont my faith is in Jesus Christ in who is the truth and is no lie.

As for Hypocrisy cleary you are well versed in it for that is what you whole religion is, a great Hypocrisy.

This bit
1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

See you are joined to the catholic church, the catholic doctrines, the catholic hierarchy and the sins of your church. It is a lie and so as it is so you are.

You know teh fruit of the spirit

Gal_5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

you have none of that
like this

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

You have nothing on God, you do not own Him, He is not your puppet, and HE cannot be a part of that which is not og Him.
Like this
See when one goes to Christ
1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
And as I said before, how can a blind man who refuses to see ever contemplate the light.

Joh_3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

And still men build there fortresses around themselves to keep God out.
There you go again, quoting Scripture and not having the slightest CLUE as to what it means.

Look - I know it irks you to no end - but you cannot change history. The Canon of the New Testament that YOU read and quote was compiled and declared by the Catholic Church.

There is just NO way of getting around this fact of history - your angry denials notwithstanding . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe if you stop shouting for long enough that still small voice might have a chance to speak and then you will learn what it means.
Hmmmmm, another non-answer.

Look - I don't know how they pervert the English language in Australia - but "shouting" in the written form requires exclamation points (!!!). I don't use them because I don't "shout" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep and its not your and it is not any of mens, I know you hate teh truth but there it is.

For you it shall not be, rings in my ears but you church replaced Jesus with teh pope, usurped His authority and'

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom_1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Who has rejected His church those who reject His truth. as you do daily.
As I've said many times already - quoting Scripture out of context is meaningless.
Stop quoting it until you understand what it means . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can choose to ignore my warning which I have declared to you from the word of God...but you cannot choose the context. You do this to yourself.
Another smokescreen.
I asked you a plain and simple question - and you've been dodging it now for about the last dozen or so posts.
I'll as it yet again:
It has been proven that the Catholic Church has been in existence since the 1st century while the Apostles were alive.
YOU posit that the Catholic Church is evil and pagan and rotten, etc.

Where was Christ's Church for the 15 centuries PRIOR to the Protestant Revolt??

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - obedience to Christ and submission to the Authority of His Church is what will unite us.
Disobedience = tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering sects.
Disobedience = would-be Catholics like you going to Protestant services because they aren't "being fed".

Doctrinal differences are the fruit of the pride and disobedience of MEN . . .

The Catholic Church does not say a word against attending services at Protestant Churches, BoL. The only restriction is to not take communion - Quakers do not offer communion. You are so desperate to judge and condemn and express offense, you just pull stuff out of thin air.

You sound like a Pharisee condemning Christ for eating with the money changers.

Finally, unless you attend daily Mass and belong to a monastery, we have nothing to talk about regarding faithfulness to the Church

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It has been proven that the Catholic Church has been in existence since the 1st century while the Apostles were alive.
YOU posit that the Catholic Church is evil and pagan and rotten, etc.
It is you should really go read your history books, and stop shouting you are the only one who does it, says a lot.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And God has being around since before teh beginning of time, and guess where our salvation lies?? not in your church, you know this bit,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

A gift is free. not earned, not paid for, and God doesnt need mens religions to save mankind, Jesus did that before your church even came into existence.