Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good grief - crack open a history book once in a while . . .
What you read I would never of guessed, and yet here you are still telling us how lovely the RC church is. man you really are a genuine case.

And as i said, something the carnal man will never understand, I have no faith in teh bible it is not my God as it is to so many, my Faith is in Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit who are given to all men who believe and that is why,

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

but than if you dont have teh Holy Spirit you would always follow someone else,

Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

and a stranger is your religion, nothing to offer but religion, just like the Jws SDA, Mormans, cant give us Christ because you dont own Him.

Look no bold letters no shouting, something you could never comprehend.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I've said many times already - quoting Scripture out of context is meaningless.
Stop quoting it until you understand what it means . . .
I have yet to see you quote anything in context and without bold letters and underlines, If you really where from God you would have no need to shout, but you cant because you are not, your very words show us your nature.

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Look - I know it irks you to no end - but you cannot change history. The Canon of the New Testament that YOU read and quote was compiled and declared by the Catholic Church.
If that is so it is still not from God just as none of you religion is. And probably teh very reason it is so corrupt. Still you are rightabout KJ, was based upon Jeromes translation, in latin.just wrong about every thing else.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church does not say a word against attending services at Protestant Churches, BoL. The only restriction is to not take communion - Quakers do not offer communion. You are so desperate to judge and condemn and express offense, you just pull stuff out of thin air.

You sound like a Pharisee condemning Christ for eating with the money changers.

Finally, unless you attend daily Mass and belong to a monastery, we have nothing to talk about regarding faithfulness to the Church
Intent is everything.
What is your purpose for attending Quaker services? Why do you feel the need to attend?

As far as attending mass - you can go 10 times a day and still be unfaithful.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look - I know it irks you to no end - but you cannot change history. The Canon of the New Testament that YOU read and quote was compiled and declared by the Catholic Church.
God also commanded the ravens to feed Elijah. But that does not speak of the ravens, nor is the Catholic church of any particular stature for carrying the word. No, these things speak only of the providence of God to work all things together for good for those who love Him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God has being around since before teh beginning of time, and guess where our salvation lies?? not in your church, you know this bit,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

A gift is free. not earned, not paid for, and God doesnt need mens religions to save mankind, Jesus did that before your church even came into existence.
Yet YOU still can't wrap your mind around the fact that the KJV came some 1300 years AFTER the Canon of the NT was declared by the Catholic Church. Why do you keep wuoting a Catholic Canon of Scripture, hmmmm?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yet YOU still can't wrap your mind around the fact that the KJV came some 1300 years AFTER the Canon of the NT was declared by the Catholic Church. Why do you keep wuoting a Catholic Canon of Scripture, hmmmm?
Because you dont believe God.....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God also commanded the ravens to feed Elijah. But that does not speak of the ravens, nor is the Catholic church of any particular stature for carrying the word. No, these things speak only of the providence of God to work all things together for good for those who love Him.
And, unless God dropped a KJV Bible on your head, you have no choice but the accept the Authority of the Catholic Church as being the guardian of the Holy Deposit of faith which includes the Scriptures. Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide it to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15). Declaring the Canon of Scripture was the job of His Church, guided by the Holy Spirit - just as He prescribed.

If that bothers you - then take it up with Jesus - not me . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you dont believe God.....
That doesn't make any sense.
YOU keep quoting the Catholic Canon of Scripture because I don't believe God??

What sort of nonsensical manure is that??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is so it is still not from God just as none of you religion is. And probably teh very reason it is so corrupt. Still you are rightabout KJ, was based upon Jeromes translation, in latin.just wrong about every thing else.
And your ignorance outshines your spelling errors . . .

The KJV was translated from the GREEK texts - NOT the Latin Vulgate.
If you're going to spend time on a debate site - do your homework.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is you should really go read your history books, and stop shouting you are the only one who does it, says a lot.
I have yet to see you quote anything in context and without bold letters and underlines, If you really where from God you would have no need to shout, but you cant because you are not, your very words show us your nature.
And YOU need to take an English course.
I've already educated you about the fact that "yelling" i the written form requires exclamation points (!!!), which I do not use.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And YOU need to take an English course.
I've already educated you about the fact that "yelling" i the written form requires exclamation points (!!!), which I do not use.
And yet here you are still using bold teh only one to force your point across, You just cannot write without it can you, need to shout down God so teh people cant hear Him., Seems you are one of teh few who sees it your way.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, unless God dropped a KJV Bible on your head, you have no choice but the accept the Authority of the Catholic Church as being the guardian of the Holy Deposit of faith which includes the Scriptures. Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide it to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15). Declaring the Canon of Scripture was the job of His Church, guided by the Holy Spirit - just as He prescribed.

If that bothers you - then take it up with Jesus - not me . . .
"And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What sort of nonsensical manure is that??
Well if you believed God I would not have to use it, a problem most so called christians seems to have. Can sit and talk to a non believer about Jesus without using teh bible , cant talk to a christian without quoting it, Funny isnt it,??? And if it is true that heaping coals upon someones head is to pour out Gods love on them, than I shall continually heap coals upon yours.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet here you are still using bold teh only one to force your point across, You just cannot write without it can you, need to shout down God so teh people cant hear Him., Seems you are one of teh few who sees it your way.
Another one of your many lies.
Take a quick look on the threads here and you will see MANY people using bold text to highlight their points.
They're not "yelling" any more than I am.

Let me know when you're ready to have a lucid, intelligent discussion . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you believed God I would not have to use it, a problem most so called christians seems to have. Can sit and talk to a non believer about Jesus without using teh bible , cant talk to a christian without quoting it, Funny isnt it,??? And if it is true that heaping coals upon someones head is to pour out Gods love on them, than I shall continually heap coals upon yours.
That makes even LESS sense.
If you have such a disregard for Scripture - then why quote it??

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God has being around since before teh beginning of time, and guess where our salvation lies?? not in your church, you know this bit,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

A gift is free. not earned, not paid for, and God doesnt need mens religions to save mankind, Jesus did that before your church even came into existence.

Even the Pope agrees with this, BoL. Salvation is found in Christ. I have been in a saving relationship with Jesus for a long time, prior to joining the Catholic church

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That makes even LESS sense.
If you have such a disregard for Scripture - then why quote it??
Because you dont listen to Jesus, If you did I would have no need, Is that simple enough for you. But than -

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

I am sure that you being so clever can work that one out.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Pope agrees with this, BoL. Salvation is found in Christ. I have been in a saving relationship with Jesus for a long time, prior to joining the Catholic church
The Pope agrees with which part of the post you are referring to??