Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are obviously classifying any doctrine you can think of outside the Catholic Church and calling it Protestant. Intellectually dishonest

Do you really believe that cherry picking through almost 10,000 of my posts and constructing a scarecrow is convincing anyone, please.....
EVERY doctrine I listed is professed by one Protestant sect or another.
Not dishonest at all.

If it makes you uncomfortable - don't blame me - blame the doctrinal quagmire that is Protestantism . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERY doctrine I listed is professed by one Protestant sect or another.
Not dishonest at all.

If it makes you uncomfortable - don't blame me - blame the doctrinal quagmire that is Protestantism . . .

Protestant Churches accept the doctrine of the Trinity. Churches that reject the doctrine of the Trinity fall outside Protestantism

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife
Very strange that in this response of yours to me it showed my words as being those of Aspen. Some fluke the forum program, I suppose.

Sorry – but the tens of thousands of Protestant sects are not only NOT united – they teach different doctrines. Some are as different as night and day:

- Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
- Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
- Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
- Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
- Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
- Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
- Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
- Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
- Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
- Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
- Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on.

And this proves what? That they are different from one another as well as being different from Catholicism! It does not prove Catholicism is right and that they are all wrong. I believe that all of them and Catholicism are wrong when it comes to not having it all. God isn't missing anything. But you and I are also wrong and missing in a measure. We also still see through a glass darkly. We are also liars along with everyone else who at any time is still coming up short of what God has for us.

This is not the ONE Church Jesus prayed for at the Last Supper (John 17:20-23).
It’s nothing but man made confusion.

And again, it’s painfully evident that you don’t understand the Scriptures.

I understand them in part as you do and as do others on this forum. This means that all of us in part as I have already said are wrong. But... if we are keeping our eyes on Jesus and following Him closely will He not bring us all to where He wants us to be?

First of all – John 3:13 never says that He is in Heaven. This is something that appears to have been added later. Most translations don’t include that last phrase “which is in heaven.” WHY??
Because it’s NOT in most Greek manuscripts.

Oh my friend, it was Martin Luther who wanted to have parts of the Bible removed, yet now you would join him in throwing out that which does not fit what you believe. When you were speaking here with @bbyrd009 you were arguing that the written Bible was the Word of God at least in part. Now you would throw out a part that the Catholic Church has included in one of their own translations?

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven." John 3:13 [Douay Rheims 1899]

Are you saying that the Catholic Church changed their belief since they translated the Douay Rheims version of 1899?

Secondly – Rev. 21:27 states explicitly that NOTHING unclean impure can enter Heaven.
I don’t know about YOU – but I’ve never met ONE single person who was perfectly pure and clean.

There is, as per the verse I cited and you denounced, more than one heaven. I believe in not less than three. The unclean and impure, that which has sin cannot enter into third heaven. Second heaven and first heaven are not so strict. [Consider that unclean beasts were on the bottom of the ark Noah built and clean beasts were on the second level.]

Jesus came down to a lower [not lower as in altitude but rather from the Father] heaven when he became a man of flesh in order to be tempted and in order to the mediator than men needed to reconnect with God. Indeed with a lot of work no man may ever see the Father face to face. God told Moses that [Exodus 33:20]. The apostle Paul also wrote about that in I Cor 13:12.

Jesus made it all a possibility now, but who has had the cleansing and renewing process completed in them? That you and I cannot testify definitely to having seen one may simply be proof that neither one of us has had our spiritual renewed to that point as yet. That is, we would not recognize for certain someone who has already overcome as Jesus overcame if we saw one. But... if God is still working on us and we are still surrendering to Him, there may still be enough time for us.

That’s a non-answer.
That would depend, I believe, upon the ears that God gave to the one listening.

You implied that “eathing” His flesh had to do with “consuming” the Scriptures. It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the Eucharist.

Jesus didn‘t say, “My WORD is true food and my WORD is true drink.”
He said, “For my FLESH is true food, and my BLOOD is true drink.

Just as the Jews were to eat the Paschal Lamb – Christians are to eat the Lamb of God.

The Early Christians were butchered for this belief. The Romans referred to them as “cannibals” for their ardent belief in the Eucharist.

Wrong.

Is Jesus not the Word of God?

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

If we eat the raw scripture and it is quickened in us by the Holy Spirit, will it not be the Word of God Alive in us? You deny this in favor of pursuing the type and shadow of a piece of unleavened wheat bread and a sip of fruit of grapes. Type and shadows of God's truth are very useful, but the real thing is always better than a type or a shadow. The OT is full of type and shadows but recall here Paul's words with regard to what the type and shadows would do:

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Gal 3:24-25

You want to stick with or even return to the old schoolmaster? Jesus is no type or shadow.

Matt. 16:18
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

Actually, it doesn’t – but I’m getting use to your verbose dodges. .
But then, I’ve never met the Protestant who is courageous enough to answer this question directly . . .

You are still calling me a Protestant, but very few, if any, Protestant churches would have me once I opened my mouth for many [most?] of them would have some of the same difficulties with what I say that you do. That doesn't bother me if I am validated by God and His Son.

As to your problem with Peter, consider:

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock." Matt 7:24-25

Do you really believe that Peter is the foundation for the Church rather than Jesus? Was it Peter whom Moses struck here?

"And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also." Num 20:10-11 [Moses was rebuked and punished for smiting the Rock instead of speaking to it. Could it be that it was Jesus he was not supposed to smite? Certainly it was not Peter.]

The water came out of the rock, another one of those types and shadows:

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." John 4:10

"And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." Rev 21:6

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Rev 22:17

When exactly would you say that the "rock" Peter provided the Living Water freely to the thirsty?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah....yeah, those posts didnt sound like me, but ive been here a long time so when someone posts something and attributes it to me......i tend to go with it....ha

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@BreadOfLife
Very strange that in this response of yours to me it showed my words as being those of Aspen. Some fluke the forum program, I suppose.

And this proves what? That they are different from one another as well as being different from Catholicism! It does not prove Catholicism is right and that they are all wrong. I believe that all of them and Catholicism are wrong when it comes to not having it all. God isn't missing anything. But you and I are also wrong and missing in a measure. We also still see through a glass darkly. We are also liars along with everyone else who at any time is still coming up short of what God has for us.
It proves doctrinal disunity and theological chaos.
I understand them in part as you do and as do others on this forum. This means that all of us in part as I have already said are wrong. But... if we are keeping our eyes on Jesus and following Him closely will He not bring us all to where He wants us to be?
Yes.
Oh my friend, it was Martin Luther who wanted to have parts of the Bible removed, yet now you would join him in throwing out that which does not fit what you believe. When you were speaking here with @bbyrd009 you were arguing that the written Bible was the Word of God at least in part. Now you would throw out a part that the Catholic Church has included in one of their own translations?
The Duay-Reims is a translation of the (oldest) Latin Vulgate, and predates the KJV by 11 years. The CC doesn't have the authority to make inclusions into Scripture.
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven." John 3:13 [Douay Rheims 1899]
Are you saying that the Catholic Church changed their belief since they translated the Douay Rheims version of 1899?
I hope that is not what he is saying.
There is, as per the verse I cited and you denounced, more than one heaven. I believe in not less than three. The unclean and impure, that which has sin cannot enter into third heaven. Second heaven and first heaven are not so strict. [Consider that unclean beasts were on the bottom of the ark Noah built and clean beasts were on the second level.]
I always thought Noah's Ark was a metaphor for the Church.
You are still calling me a Protestant, but very few, if any, Protestant churches would have me once I opened my mouth for many [most?] of them would have some of the same difficulties with what I say that you do. That doesn't bother me if I am validated by God and His Son.
Then you don't need to submit to any authority.
"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock." Matt 7:24-25
Do you really believe that Peter is the foundation for the Church rather than Jesus? Was it Peter whom Moses struck here?
You are mixing metaphors, and words in Scripture can have more than one meaning. You are making a false dichotomy between the authority of Jesus and the authority that Jesus bestowed on Peter. We do not claim they are the same, that is a straw man fallacy. Founded on a rock can be both Jesus and Peter, and false dichotomies are typical in Protestantism.

2 Sam. 22:2-3, 32, 47; 23:3; Psalm 18:2,31,46; 19:4; 28:1; 42:9; 62:2,6,7; 89:26; 94:22; 144:1-2 – in these verses, God is also called “rock.” Hence, from these verses, non-Catholics often argue that God, and not Peter, is the rock that Jesus is referring to in Matt. 16:18. This argument not only ignores the plain meaning of the applicable texts, but also assumes words used in Scripture can only have one meaning. This, of course, is not true. For example:

1 Cor. 3:11 – Jesus is called the only foundation of the Church, and yet in Eph. 2:20, the apostles are called the foundation of the Church.
Similarly, in 1 Peter 2:25, Jesus is called the Shepherd of the flock, but in Acts 20:28, the apostles are called the shepherds of the flock.

These verses show that there are multiple metaphors for the Church, and that words used by the inspired writers of Scripture can have various meanings. Catholics agree that God is the rock of the Church, but this does not mean He cannot confer this distinction upon Peter as well, to facilitate the unity He desires for the Church.
"And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also." Num 20:10-11 [Moses was rebuked and punished for smiting the Rock instead of speaking to it. Could it be that it was Jesus he was not supposed to smite? Certainly it was not Peter.]
"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." John 4:10
"And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." Rev 21:6
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Rev 22:17
When exactly would you say that the "rock" Peter provided the Living Water freely to the thirsty?
You insist on mixing metaphors. I wouldn't make such ridiculous claims about Peter/rock with no context. Where does this Peter/living water come from? I've never heard of it before.

Jesus changed Simon bar Jonah's name to ROCK, and it stuck throughout the NT. Scripture doesn't contradict itself over multiple meanings for the same word. You can't just take one meaning you like and apply it to fit haphazardly to support an agenda. I think you have issues with authority.

[/quote][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It proves doctrinal disunity and theological chaos.

Quite likely to be so!

The Duay-Reims is a translation of the (oldest) Latin Vulgate, and predates the KJV by 11 years. The CC doesn't have the authority to make inclusions into Scripture.
I hope that is not what he is saying.

I would let him explain himself but that is what I understood.

I always thought Noah's Ark was a metaphor for the Church.
In a sense it is, but I see more than that.

Then you don't need to submit to any authority.

Oh, but I do. I was talking about most of the Christian churches of which I have knowledge. I belong to another one and I have a pastor who does have authority over me.

You are mixing metaphors, and words in Scripture can have more than one meaning. You are making a false dichotomy between the authority of Jesus and the authority that Jesus bestowed on Peter. We do not claim they are the same, that is a straw man fallacy. Founded on a rock can be both Jesus and Peter, and false dichotomies are typical in Protestantism.

And you are trying to show what the truth is or is not by man's logic. I am simply trying to explain it as I understand it. I do not claim infallibility, simply belief.

2 Sam. 22:2-3, 32, 47; 23:3; Psalm 18:2,31,46; 19:4; 28:1; 42:9; 62:2,6,7; 89:26; 94:22; 144:1-2 – in these verses, God is also called “rock.” Hence, from these verses, non-Catholics often argue that God, and not Peter, is the rock that Jesus is referring to in Matt. 16:18. This argument not only ignores the plain meaning of the applicable texts, but also assumes words used in Scripture can only have one meaning. This, of course, is not true. For example:

I don't assume words or verses in scripture can have only one meaning. I do not pretend to understand all of Catholic theology or all of the Bible. I know what I believe. Sometimes I can explain to another person's satisfaction and sometimes I cannot. Only God gives any increase in the things that are His. I remain flexible because I have changed in the past. Being flexible means I try to pay attention to what God wants. I try to always understand what God wants. Since I have failed before it might happen again, but I won't change simply because someone's theology shows another pathway. God will not lead either you or me astray if we are sincere and we keep asking for His help.

I do not believe in anyone's "my way or the highway". I believe only in God and His Way. He is the one to lead that Way if I am willing always to follow.

1 Cor. 3:11 –
Jesus is called the only foundation of the Church, and yet in Eph. 2:20, the apostles are called the foundation of the Church.
Similarly, in 1 Peter 2:25, Jesus is called the Shepherd of the flock, but in Acts 20:28, the apostles are called the shepherds of the flock.

These verses show that there are multiple metaphors for the Church, and that words used by the inspired writers of Scripture can have various meanings. Catholics agree that God is the rock of the Church, but this does not mean He cannot confer this distinction upon Peter as well, to facilitate the unity He desires for the Church.
You insist on mixing metaphors. I wouldn't make such ridiculous claims about Peter/rock with no context. Where does this Peter/living water come from? I've never heard of it before.

It comes from no where. That was the point, but I'll not go into it as you are really not interested in knowing what I believe. You are only interested in proving that you are right. I am interested in sharing beliefs with others who are interested in doing the same. It is not my job to knock down anyone else's belief. The problem which I have frequently pointed to others is this:

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

Again, only God gives the increase!

Jesus changed Simon bar Jonah's name to ROCK, and it stuck throughout the NT. Scripture doesn't contradict itself over multiple meanings for the same word. You can't just take one meaning you like and apply it to fit haphazardly to support an agenda. I think you have issues with authority.

My only agenda is to follow the Lord and to share with others what God has shown me if they are interested. Apparently you are not.
I have no problem with authority. I believe the Bible speaks of it in describing the God's order, but we would certainly disagree on what that is so I won't go into it. I do submit proper authority. I also don't break the speed laws.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quite likely to be so!
I would let him explain himself but that is what I understood.
In a sense it is, but I see more than that.
Oh, but I do. I was talking about most of the Christian churches of which I have knowledge. I belong to another one and I have a pastor who does have authority over me.
And you are trying to show what the truth is or is not by man's logic. I am simply trying to explain it as I understand it. I do not claim infallibility, simply belief.
I don't assume words or verses in scripture can have only one meaning. I do not pretend to understand all of Catholic theology or all of the Bible. I know what I believe. Sometimes I can explain to another person's satisfaction and sometimes I cannot. Only God gives any increase in the things that are His. I remain flexible because I have changed in the past. Being flexible means I try to pay attention to what God wants. I try to always understand what God wants. Since I have failed before it might happen again, but I won't change simply because someone's theology shows another pathway. God will not lead either you or me astray if we are sincere and we keep asking for His help.
I do not believe in anyone's "my way or the highway". I believe only in God and His Way. He is the one to lead that Way if I am willing always to follow.
It comes from no where. That was the point, but I'll not go into it as you are really not interested in knowing what I believe. You are only interested in proving that you are right. I am interested in sharing beliefs with others who are interested in doing the same. It is not my job to knock down anyone else's belief. The problem which I have frequently pointed to others is this:
"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2
Again, only God gives the increase!
My only agenda is to follow the Lord and to share with others what God has shown me if they are interested. Apparently you are not.
I have no problem with authority. I believe the Bible speaks of it in describing the God's order, but we would certainly disagree on what that is so I won't go into it. I do submit proper authority. I also don't break the speed laws.
I think the 500 year old challenges to the Primacy of Peter is running out of steam.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what i really don't get here is why someone whose faith is so at odds with Scripture at so many points would even want Scripture to be Word, i mean that is exactly what will be used against you.

You confess in dark closets to a guy you call father, and practice penance for sins, and pray to Mary, and you want the Bible to be Word? Are you sure?

Don't you see why you cannot find "Book = Word" in Scripture, and all you can find is "Book was God~Breathed?"
Packing 5 misrepresentations into a single sentence is a rant.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant Churches accept the doctrine of the Trinity. Churches that reject the doctrine of the Trinity fall outside Protestantism
So, Unitarians and Oneness Pentecostals aren't Protestants?
Because they're certainly NOT Catholic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Scripture tells us the Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23) and the Pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
Jesus is not a partial truth and neither can His Body be.

If your sect doesn’t espouse the fullness of the Gospel – then it’s part of the incomplete quagmire of Protestantism.
No – not if we are disobeying Him by rejecting His Body.
This is open rebellion against Him.

The Douay Rheims Bible was translated from the Latin Vulgate.
The KJV was translated from the Greek. This phrase is NOT in the Greek.
Jesus came down to a lower [not lower as in altitude but rather from the Father] heaven when he became a man of flesh in order to be tempted and in order to the mediator than men needed to reconnect with God. Indeed with a lot of work no man may ever see the Father face to face. God told Moses that [Exodus 33:20]. The apostle Paul also wrote about that in I Cor 13:12.

Jesus made it all a possibility now, but who has had the cleansing and renewing process completed in them? That you and I cannot testify definitely to having seen one may simply be proof that neither one of us has had our spiritual renewed to that point as yet. That is, we would not recognize for certain someone who has already overcome as Jesus overcame if we saw one. But... if God is still working on us and we are still surrendering to Him, there may still be enough time for us.
And whether you believe there is ONE Heaven or 10,000 Heavens – NOTHING unclean or impure can enter it, per Rev. 21:27.
Is Jesus not the Word of God?

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14
If we eat the raw scripture and it is quickened in us by the Holy Spirit, will it not be the Word of God Alive in us? You deny this in favor of pursuing the type and shadow of a piece of unleavened wheat bread and a sip of fruit of grapes. Type and shadows of God's truth are very useful, but the real thing is always better than a type or a shadow. The OT is full of type and shadows but recall here Paul's words with regard to what the type and shadows would do:

"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster." Gal 3:24-25

You want to stick with or even return to the old schoolmaster? Jesus is no type or shadow.
And if YOU want to stick with the relatively new man made invention that Jesus did NOT institute the Eucharist – then you are living in open rebellion against Him – just like His ex-followers in John 6:66.

Jesus is not a type or shadow – but the FULFILLMENT.
If you are a baptized Trinitarian Christian – then you are a Protestant.

With tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects out there – you would definitely fit into one or more of them. And, even if you didn’t – all you would have to do is break off into your own splinter sect.

After all – this is the Fruit of Protestantism . . .

First of all – I don‘t have a “problem” with Peter – YOU do.

Secondly – YOU have a problem with Peter being the Rock upon which Jesus built His Church because you believe that there is only ONE Scriptural “Rock.” That’s why I told you that you don’t know the Word of God.

In Isaiah 51:1-2, we read that Abraham is also called the “Rock.” Nobody is saying that HE is the cornerstone – nor is anybody saying that Peter is the cornerstone. A “cornerstone” is a corner building stone that joins 2 walls together.

Rev. 21:14 tells us that Heaven is built on TWELVE foundations Guess whose names are on those foundations? The APOSTLES. In the NT, Peter is referred to as “Protos” (First) – the FIRST foundation. This doesn’t negate the Fact that Jesus is the Cornerstone.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think the 500 year old challenges to the Primacy of Peter is running out of steam.
well, you picked up a gun to kill for The Man, what else would you think, kepha? Don't you see how they equate? No, of course not.
So, it is like having a discussion on the morality of slave ownership with a plantation owner, basically. Anyone who does not agree with you is to be killed, obviously.

This is why the primacy of Peter was invented, see. Peter is your "rock."
Peter hacks off ears, and is easily possessed by satan, and etc.

i get that these are not pleasant contemplations, ok, but that does not mean they are invalid, just that you prefer not to contemplate them. And i am also not saying that they are the correct or only valid perceptions to have either. I notice that your avatar no longer sports the Monkey Suit, did i do that? :)

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
please see what i am saying, rather than what you are reading though. I have no objection to any of those practices, if they have meaning for you.
Truth is objective, it is not determined by what it means to me or anybody else. Truth has to be found. All the items on your list has been answered a million times, but you have to want the answers.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, you picked up a gun to kill for The Man, what else would you think, kepha? Don't you see how they equate? No, of course not.
So, it is like having a discussion on the morality of slave ownership with a plantation owner, basically. Anyone who does not agree with you is to be killed, obviously.

This is why the primacy of Peter was invented, see. Peter is your "rock."
Peter hacks off ears, and is easily possessed by satan, and etc.

i get that these are not pleasant contemplations, ok, but that does not mean they are invalid, just that you prefer not to contemplate them. And i am also not saying that they are the correct or only valid perceptions to have either. I notice that your avatar no longer sports the Monkey Suit, did i do that? :)
I think I'll put you back on ignore, your brainless remarks are a constant irritant.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Truth is objective, it is not determined by what it means to me or anybody else.
so you say, but Whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and

so i understand that this is an irritant, but i am not meaning to condemn your perspective, so much as point out how we arrive at our "perspectives." I "served" in the military too, ok, i am in no position to point fingers here.

Truth is "objective" only to those who then insist upon being the arbiters of truth, iow.
"Truth is objective, and if you don't agree with me you are not in truth," etc

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but Whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and

so i understand that this is an irritant, but i am not meaning to condemn your perspective, so much as point out how we arrive at our "perspectives." I "served" in the military too, ok, i am in no position to point fingers here.

Truth is "objective" only to those who then insist upon being the arbiters of truth, iow.
"Truth is objective, and if you don't agree with me you are not in truth," etc
So says the relativist . . .

Jesus is the truth - and His Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth (1 Tim. 3:15).