Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Noam Chomsky on Propaganda...

The point of public relations slogans like "Support Our Troops" is that they don't mean anything ... that's the whole point of good propaganda.

You want to create a slogan that nobody is going to be against and I suppose everybody will be for, because nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything.

But its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a question that does mean something ... Do you support our policy?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so is Passover bro, i don't see that stopping you
Passover was fulfilled by the Lamb of God.
The fact that Jesus is truth and His Church is the pillar and foundation of that truth is an ongoing reality.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noam Chomsky on Propaganda...

The point of public relations slogans like "Support Our Troops" is that they don't mean anything ... that's the whole point of good propaganda.

You want to create a slogan that nobody is going to be against and I suppose everybody will be for, because nobody knows what it means, because it doesn't mean anything.

But its crucial value is that it diverts your attention from a question that does mean something ... Do you support our policy?
And thankfully, the atheist Noam Chomsky isn't God.

Funny how I quote the Word of God - and YOU quote an atheist . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right....Because, after all, shes only a saint....you are BOL
Whatever that means . . .

I added to what she said because YOU were misusing what she wrote to advance an anti-Catholic agenda.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. They are not accepted as Protestants by Protestants.
And why is that? Because they reject a core doctrine of Christianity?
What about the Protestants who reject the core doctrine of the Eucharist??

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the 500 year old challenges to the Primacy of Peter is running out of steam.

For the most part non-Catholic believers are not challenging it. They are simply ignoring it or they may even be unaware that someone believes it. Is this a bad thing, if they are holding onto Jesus? Is not he the Alpha and the Omega rather than Peter or any other apostle or disciple or Christian?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is objective, it is not determined by what it means to me or anybody else. Truth has to be found. All the items on your list has been answered a million times, but you have to want the answers.
Truth is not objective.

Truth is Jesus according to scripture. The difficulty is that until a person begins to know Jesus, he cannot understand what Jesus and therefore what truth is.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

But even many who call themselves believers are really asking with Pontius Pilate:

"... What is truth?...John 18:38.

Pilate did not know and neither do many today who say that they do.

Many know about Jesus, but they do not know him, so they do not know the truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah....yeah, those posts didnt sound like me, but ive been here a long time so when someone posts something and attributes it to me......i tend to go with it....ha
I corrected the source on my input, but I wonder how often things like that happen around here. It could cause unnecessary trouble.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why is that? Because they reject a core doctrine of Christianity?
What about the Protestants who reject the core doctrine of the Eucharist??

Despite your limited understanding - Protestant churches teach Christianity. There is a difference between LDS, Unitarian/Universalists, and Oneness Pentecostalism AND Protestant church doctrine.

Also, Lutherans and Anglicans have a better understanding of the teaching of the Eucharist - they are Protestants.

Just because you demand black and white dualism in your Catholicism doesnt mean others are going to comply.