Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not say 'love thy neighbour as thyself as He said ye have heard it said of old - what He did say was 'love one another as I have loved you - twinc
Mark 12:28-31
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Reactions: Marymog

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
we seek recognition, to be attended to a certain way, but avoid a different kind of attention, i think the current vernacular terms it "getting roasted" lol, funny how accurate slang can be i guess
IiV1uQE.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry... in your own slumber, you don't even see what you have said.
Jesus didn't build His Church on "perfect" people.

Since you don't seem to understand what the Church is -allow me to educate you:
It is NOT a museum of perfect people - but a hospital for sinners.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Mark 12:28-31
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

this was said centuries ago by Yahweh long before He was incarnate as Jesus - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
He didn't build it on any people though, is a point that should not be missed. Peter is in no way juxtapositioned between me and Christ; Christ is my High Priest, where is Peter in this equation?

outside the Church there is no salvation and the Church is where Peter is - the big big obvious mistake but not accepted is that we cannot go directly, like the Apostles and early disciples, to Jesus or the Holy Spirit but only via the Church - twinc

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't build His Church on "perfect" people.

Since you don't seem to understand what the Church is -allow me to educate you:
It is NOT a museum of perfect people - but a hospital for sinners.
Wow...silly me, I thought the church was:

“And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.

But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.”

And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

...But, hey, "flesh and blood has not revealed this to" me, "but My Father who is in heaven."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
sure, even if that is "desired" more than required, i guess.

I totally agree...many people “ defend” what they believe ...and feel like they are doing God some kind of favour ...
I was taught many years ago.- “Believe the “ light” that God has given you.
Always be prepared for fresh light to be shone or something new, and also, whatever you believe is true..HOLD it LIGHTLY...because it may be ‘good ‘ but it may not be the whole truth...so stay teachable”

I have lived by that rule for many a year.
I feel sorry for those who are dogmatic. We have not seen the revelation of ALL truth yet.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha...i hesitate to point out that if BoL just started cracking on the RCC, we would be compelled to start apologizing for it lol; it's just human nature. This whole script could be flipped today, and BoL would perceive a completely different reality in that case, right? When the buttons don't work anymore, we stop pushing them. The RCC will not have changed a whit; only perceptions will have changed.
That's because the truth doesn't change just because you want it to . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree...many people “ defend” what they believe ...and feel like they are doing God some kind of favour ...
I was taught many years ago.- “Believe the “ light” that God has given you.
Always be prepared for fresh light to be shone or something new, and also, whatever you believe is true..HOLD it LIGHTLY...because it may be ‘good ‘ but it may not be the whole truth...so stay teachable”

I have lived by that rule for many a year.
I feel sorry for those who are dogmatic. We have not seen the revelation of ALL truth yet.
Then you don't know Christ's Church.
Paul says emphatically in Eph. 1:22-23 that Christ's Church is the fullness of Him - who is Truth itself (John 14:6).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...silly me, I thought the church was:

“And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 15 For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.

But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.”

And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.

...But, hey, "flesh and blood has not revealed this to" me, "but My Father who is in heaven."
- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- Jesus gave His Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).

That's the more complete Biblical definition of what Christ's Church is.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- Jesus gave His Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).

That's the more complete Biblical definition of what Christ's Church is.
That's all really good. Too bad you are in so much trouble:

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard;"

"for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's all really good. Too bad you are in so much trouble:

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard;"

"for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."
Ummmm, and that's why Jesus promised that the HOLY SPIRIT would Guide His Church to all truth.
He didn't give that promise to the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering and man-made sects of Protestantism.

God reveals the truth to His Church through the Holy Spirit - not through Luther, Calvin, John Hagee, Ellen G. White, Jack Van Impe or any other human being - not even you . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
outside the Church there is no salvation and the Church is where Peter is - the big big obvious mistake but not accepted is that we cannot go directly, like the Apostles and early disciples, to Jesus or the Holy Spirit but only via the Church - twinc
hmm, you are the body of Christ, but you can't go to Jesus directly?
That's because the truth doesn't change just because you want it to . . .
ah well neither do lies, BoL, but i mean you mostly once again have completely missed the point wadr. Could you please respond to any other thread in that post?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, you are the body of Christ, but you can't go to Jesus directly?
Jesus gave His Church SUPREME earthly Authority.
That WHATEVER His Church declared on earth would also be ordained in Heaven Matt. 16:18-29, Matt. 18:15-18, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).
That WHOEVER accepted or rejected what His Church taught - accepted or rejected God Himself (Luke 10:16).

Jesus left His CHURCH in charge - to teach and baptize all the nations of the earth (Matt. 28:16-20).
ah well neither do lies, BoL, but i mean you mostly once again have completely missed the point wadr. Could you please respond to any other thread in that post?
Not true at all.
Lies always change because they are are simply a means of dodging the truth.

You of ALL people should know about that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is presently true will shortly be false, BoL.
That statement is a ludicrous as it is ignorant.
What is true will ALWAYS be true.

As a Protestant, you have marinated yourself so long in relativism that you can't discern truth.

Reactions: Marymog