Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And by this rant, you've shown just how ignorant you are, not only about what the Catholic Church teaches - but history itself.

First of all - you don't seem to be able to grasp what a "RITE" is. It's largely cultural, not doctrinal. The 20 Rites of the Catholic Church aren't "sects". They comprise the One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Conversely, the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant groups ARE sects because they teach different doctrines yet they all claim to have the "Truth." This is the key to understanding why you have absolutely NO idea what the Church is.

As for the rest of your freaky, conspiracy-laden rant - I can only say that I'll pray for you . . .

Cultural, doctrinal you brought up all of the different "Rites" which has nothing to do with what I presented. I was talking about Mary. And if all these largely Cultural and Not doctrinal Rites of all the parts, sections of the BODY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH are all practicing the VaticanII sects reinvented RITE they are under a false DOCTRINE! Many of these Churches secretly practice the RITE of the Vatican I Council. And if they are all one body what was your need to explain all its different parts in your reply of your first post? You wanted to let me know not all the Catholic Body is RCC. You felt I had to be corrected about a wrong statement I made, in clumping Catholicism into RCC. The Pope rules from the Vatican doesn't he? They are one body according to you, so what were you correcting? Cultural or not, Christian doctrine is Christian doctrine. Dress and languages are cultural, Christianity is Universal. And there is nothing FREAKY about the truth! And I can assure you many "Catholics" do not ascribe to the Vatican II Council's bunk!

You bloviate over non sense and you are the only one who does not know what a "Rite" is!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he's a baptized, non-Catholic Christian - then he is by definition, a Protestant.
Yes, a Catholic definition as if that were binding or accurate for any purpose outside the Catholic Church. I wonder if this is your definition or is it an official one of your church?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cultural, doctrinal you brought up all of the different "Rites" which has nothing to do with what I presented. I was talking about Mary. And if all these largely Cultural and Not doctrinal Rites of all the parts, sections of the BODY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH are all practicing the VaticanII sects reinvented RITE they are under a false DOCTRINE! Many of these Churches secretly practice the RITE of the Vatican I Council. And if they are all one body what was your need to explain all its different parts in your reply of your first post? You wanted to let me know not all the Catholic Body is RCC. You felt I had to be corrected about a wrong statement I made, in clumping Catholicism into RCC. The Pope rules from the Vatican doesn't he? They are one body according to you, so what were you correcting? Cultural or not, Christian doctrine is Christian doctrine. Dress and languages are cultural, Christianity is Universal. And there is nothing FREAKY about the truth! And I can assure you many "Catholics" do not ascribe to the Vatican II Council's bunk!

You bloviate over non sense and you are the only one who does not know what a "Rite" is!
And if you're going to continue to spew lies, then find somebody else to blather on with.
Your bizarre rants aren't worth my time . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a Catholic definition as if that were binding or accurate for any purpose outside the Catholic Church. I wonder if this is your definition or is it an official one of your church?
Jesus only built ONE Church (John 16:18, John 17:20-23) - with supreme earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone old enough to remember Dana Carvey imitating John McLaughlin? Every time a panel member tried to speak, Carvey would yell, WRONG.........

How about you, BOL......?
I only say "Wrong" when somebody is wrong.
And, for the record - John McLaughlin didn't go around saying "Wrong!", either - but Dana Carvey did a good, albeit, over-the-top impersonation.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um....yeah, sucks to not be in control of a public discussion
It is pure opinion - an opinion based on comparision not absolute truth.
No - it's a fact.
Water is wet, the sun is hot and ice is cold.

What color is the sky in your bizarro world?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you calling Christ a hypocrite? Because I have been telling you that you should seek the kingdom first of God - which was what He was proclaiming when He declared it to Peter...but you chose the world.
Nope - I chose HIS way.
YOU chose the way of men in the 16th century.

And, I would never call Him a hypocrite.
The hypocrisy is all yours.
Lied? No, but just as He allowed Israel to wander in the desert and be in captivity, you are responsible for 16 centuries of putting off the Holy Spirit...which is not interesting, but sad.
Then you believe He lied when He said the the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL Truth.
Hope that works for ya . . .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus only built ONE Church (John 16:18, John 17:20-23) - with supreme earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).
That is not a answer for me to my question, but I can go on toward God without it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh pls, you were just expounding on the Rotting Vines in Christ like yesterday lol, stop already
hey, i am a hypocrite too!

You can be the Pharisee as long as you like, bro. Trust that your posts will live on in comedy skits for years, ok, i might even write a book :D

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - I chose HIS way.
YOU chose the way of men in the 16th century.

Then you believe He lied when He said the the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL Truth.
Hope that works for ya . . .
You are not listening.

Seeking Peter first instead of the spirit of God, has resulted in the long drawn out version - centuries, of being lead unto all truth by the Holy Spirit...instead of what might have been. That is not Jesus lying, that is Him being just to those who would rather have a man over them...just like He did with making Saul king, and just like He did with making Israel wander in the desert, and allowing them to go into captivity. But...no...God would never do that...Saul was given supreme authority, and Israel was a light before all men!

Man...have you got a lot to learn.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And if you're going to continue to spew lies, then find somebody else to blather on with.
Your bizarre rants aren't worth my time . . .
Me neither. A couple of corrections I can't resist.
The Pope does not rule from the Vatican ALONE. Ignorant anti-Catholics have this cartoon picture of the Pope being a dominating dictator, and they have never read 2 words of his teachings which is available everywhere, but they are experts on the papacy.
His knowledge of Fatima is in the toilet. I've seen the same lunacy by suspended priest Fr. Gruner and other rebellious hyper-traditionalists.
He has no clue what a rite is, nor does he understand that "Catholic" means "Universal".

A Rite represents an ecclesiastical, or church, tradition about how the sacraments are to be celebrated. Each of the sacraments has at its core an essential nature which must be satisfied for the sacrament to be confected or realized. This essence – of matter, form and intention – derives from the divinely revealed nature of the particular sacrament. It cannot be changed by the Church. Scripture and Sacred Tradition, as interpreted by the Magisterium, tells us what is essential in each of the sacraments (2 Thes. 2:15).

When the apostles brought the Gospel to the major cultural centers of their day the essential elements of religious practice were inculturated into those cultures. This means that the essential elements were clothed in the symbols and trappings of the particular people, so that the rituals conveyed the desired spiritual meaning to that culture. In this way the Church becomes all things to all men that some might be saved (1 Cor. 9:22). That's what a rite is.

In Galatians 1-2 Paul is referring to his initial conversion. But even then God made sure there was someone else around, to urge him to get baptized (Ananias: Acts 22:12-16). He received the revelation initially and then sought to have it confirmed by Church authority (Gal 2:1-2); then his authority was accepted or verified by James, Peter, and John (Gal 2:9). So we see that the Bible doesn’t pit the divine call directly from God, against Church authority, as you do. EndTimeWine does it because it is a Protestant man-made tradition to do so; period, and because the Protestant has to always undermine the authority of the Church, and the Catholic Church, in order to bolster his own anti-system, that was set up against the historic Church in the first place.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there such a thing as "luck" with God?
No. "Good luck" is a common expression that means that one hopes someone will succeed
  • We're sorry that you're leaving. Good luck in your new job.
It can be used sarcastically. "Good luck proving from the Bible Jesus didn't build one church with a hierarchical authority."

No. There is no such thing as "luck" with God. Religifying a common expression is just silly.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. "Good luck" is a common expression that means that one hopes someone will succeed
  • We're sorry that you're leaving. Good luck in your new job.
It can be used sarcastically. "Good luck proving from the Bible Jesus didn't build one church with a hierarchical authority."

No. There is no such thing as "luck" with God. Religifying a common expression is just silly.
Thank you for your amplification. I agree that there is no such thing as "luck" with God. It is nice to agree with you on something.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Kepha, what do you think of Pope Francis, these days?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Kepha, what do you think of Pope Francis, these days?
I think he knows more than you and I put together.

quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-the.jpg

The Pope observed that the Church represents the Body of Jesus, and that its visible dimension- that is the structures and people who make up the Church – are at the service of its spiritual reality, witnessing to God’s love for all mankind.

He underlined that the Church visible is not just the priests, bishops or Popes. It is made up of Baptized men and women all over the world who carry out immeasurable acts of love. Families who are firm in the faith, parents who give their all to transmit the faith to their children, the sick who offer their suffering to the Lord.

Pope Francis noted that often as a Church we experience our fragility and our limitations, which rightly provoke profound displeasure, especially when we give bad example and become a source of scandal, “because people go by our witness” as Christians.

“Through her Sacraments and her witness to Christ in our world, the Church seeks to proclaim and bring God’s merciful love to all, particularly the poor and those in need”.
Pope at Audience: The Church visible and spiritual - Vatican Radio
So aspen, what do you think of that?

Last edited by a moderator: