Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a debate thread, but is a thread where we could learn more about Catholics, these are all pretty basic questions I'm starting this thread of with, but I think a lot of us other Christians have been taught wrongly about the Catholics. Now i would rather hear from Catholics themselves, about what are the differences between Catholics to other Christians are? What makes a Catholic a Catholic? What are the traditions in the Catholic Church? What's the significance of Mary the mother of Jesus to the Catholics? When did the Catholic Church start? What were the original Catholics like compared to today?

Others please feel free to ask questions to our Catholic members on this forum as well, but please try not to turn this into a debate..... If that's possible. Lets give the Catholics a fair go.
HI Josho,

I BELEIEVE what makes a Catholic a Catholic is the seven sacraments. At least that is the biggest distinction. Also, they accept the Magisterium as the final authority. Protestants accept themselves or their 500 year old church as the final authority.

Love...Mary

Reactions: Josho

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You defend YOUR DOCTRINES. Don't you? You think your DOCTRINES are The Truth. Don't you?
Al I ever speak of is Christ, all you ever speak of is your religion, in whom is your salvation????

And if He is not teh truth than we are all doomed.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Have yet to find another way because there is none.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Al I ever speak of is Christ, all you ever speak of is your religion, in whom is your salvation????
And if He is not teh truth than we are all doomed.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There you go again. Defending your doctrine.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And what does the Bible say about His Church??
- Only TWO entities in ALL of Scripture are referred to as the "Truth" - and ONE of them is Christ's CHURCH (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Jesus compares Himself to only ONE other entity in the Gospel - His CHURCH (Acts 9:4-5).
- The Bible tells us that there is only ONE entity that is the FULLNESS of Christ - His CHURCH (Heb. 1:22-23).
- The Bible says that His CHURCH is His very BODY - and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12, Col. 1:18).

YOUR problem is that by hating His Church - you hate HIM.
Good luck with that . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOUR problem is that by hating His Church - you hate HIM.

YEs playing the devils games , you are so good at it, deceiving teh people, if you love His church you must love our chruch, sorry BOL but we dont play deception that is teh devil it is not God, loving Him has nothing to do with your church, no matter how much you twist word around to make it seem so. you talk about hating lies, yet your posts are full of them. Nothing in the bible about your church, so go find the truth who is Jesus Christ than teh lies wil stop,

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Make it simple BOL

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Nothing about the catholic church nor any other
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Nothing about the catholic church here either
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
No catholic church here??
Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Again no church here either
Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Se we abide in Him, again no catholich chruch here

See we dont need your religion neither does God, its like being given a porch than buying a trailer load of bricks to tow around, Serves no purpose, just keeps people from God

this bit

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Have a lovelvy weekend I surely will without religion Just Jesus as He desired it to be.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEs playing the devils games , you are so good at it, deceiving teh people, if you love His church you must love our chruch, sorry BOL but we dont play deception that is teh devil it is not God, loving Him has nothing to do with your church, no matter how much you twist word around to make it seem so. you talk about hating lies, yet your posts are full of them. Nothing in the bible about your church, so go find the truth who is Jesus Christ than teh lies wil stop,

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
And there you go again perverting the Scriptures.
Peter spoke well of you when he wrote:
2 Pet. 3:16
There are some things in them (Paul's letters) that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

Remember what Jesus said about His Church:
Luke 10:16
“Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME; whoever rejects YOU rejects ME; but whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent me."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make it simple BOL
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Nothing about the catholic church nor any other
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Nothing about the catholic church here either
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
No catholic church here??
Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Again no church here either
Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Se we abide in Him, again no catholich chruch here

See we dont need your religion neither does God, its like being given a porch than buying a trailer load of bricks to tow around, Serves no purpose, just keeps people from God
this bit

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Have a lovelvy weekend I surely will without religion Just Jesus as He desired it to be.
No, He didn't Einstein . . .
James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

As for His Catholic Church . . .
Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:

“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance – the verse is translated as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “ekklesia katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
Καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
Ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"Ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Federal Reserve." Not Federal, no reserves. See, people do that all the time.
A better example might be the phrase "this great nation," which of course any of the other nations that exist within the country must object to.

"Ekklesia Kata-holos" i am a member of. The Catholic church is something else.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
which the ignorant and unstable twist to the
Yep its far better to be ignorant than to promote a lie as teh truth, this bit

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.
What did you say about twisting scripture here you are doing it all over again .

Does your church "own" God,

does you church have something to offer that God nor Jesus nor teh Holy Spirit can give, isa your church greater than God, or has it replaced God.??

Luke 10:16
“Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME; whoever rejects YOU rejects ME; but whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent me."
And who is it you are listening to "teh Pope" and yet you get terribly upset when people choeese top folow Christ as He expressly asked.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Joh_10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture

everything is by Christ your church has nothing

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

God doest need it Jesus doesnt need it, you do as mentioned before, it is not the truth you defend its your churches doctrines

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Have a lovely day, we will because we have Christ as he promised

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a note: Catholics aren't allowed to think for themselves so when you say, "go find it yourself", they are unable to do so because they don't know how. Everything is spoon fed to them.

m

Really? I've been a member of the RCC for about 20 years and I've never heard that except by nonCatholics

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a false premise.

Jesus may not have been disgusted by people who had different opinions - but he didn't tolerate liars.
The videos that Job has posted are not only an exercise in stupidity - they are filled with easily-debunked lies.

Do you honestly believe that God approves of lies??
Maybe, you're not as "educated" a Catholic as you claim to be . . .

Judas lied about his relationship to Jesus and he was tolerated

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I bet you really hate the Catholic religion now since burning a bible is just plain evil.

No just hate all religion Keeps men from God and makes slaves of men. How many people does oner need between us and God. You can have Christ for yourself, we all have acces to Him if we desire it, it isnt Him that is hindering us from going to Him. Ie why do you neeed others to talk to Him for you when you can do it yourself.

Tyoing erros included for clarity.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas lied about his relationship to Jesus and he was tolerated
By whom??
God didn't "tolerate" Judas. Judas was simply weak enough in his faith to fall into the role he played in God's plan for salvation.
Unfortunately for him - that role was him being used by Satan.

Besides - WHY are you modeling yourself after Judas??

STUDY your Bible . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Federal Reserve." Not Federal, no reserves. See, people do that all the time.
A better example might be the phrase "this great nation," which of course any of the other nations that exist within the country must object to.

"Ekklesia Kata-holos" i am a member of. The Catholic church is something else.
No you're not.

There is nothing universal or according to the whole about your beliefs.
They are simply one of the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sets of beliefs from the disjointed mess that is Protestantism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep its far better to be ignorant than to promote a lie as teh truth, this bit

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
What did you say about twisting scripture here you are doing it all over again .
Does your church "own" God,
does you church have something to offer that God nor Jesus nor teh Holy Spirit can give, isa your church greater than God, or has it replaced God.??
No - the Church doesn't "own" God.
God only recognizes the Church as HIS own.

the rest will suffe3r the following fate . . .
Matt. 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’

Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.’
nd who is it you are listening to "teh Pope" and yet you get terribly upset when people choeese top folow Christ as He expressly asked.
Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Joh_10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh_10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture
everything is by Christ your church has nothing
Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
God doest need it Jesus doesnt need it, you do as mentioned before, it is not the truth you defend its your churches doctrines
Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Have a lovely day, we will because we have Christ as he promised
And as I've stated MANY times to you - your ignorance of what the "Church" actually meas is at the heart of your blindness . . .