Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, but imo don't be deceived that each wake up to this in their own way, and it is the heart that matters anyway. You are either seeking a deeper walk, or going through some motions, and your beliefs are just mostly window dressing i think, even if they are indicative.

Catholic "heretics" are some of the best reading going; and i saw too many quiet, humble Catholics come donate to the food bank every week to believe they--or any group--can all be painted with so broad a brush.
That's because the ONLY Catholics that you can handle are the ones who keep their mouths shut and allow the type of sewage that you and your minions Sword and Job like to spew.

Look - I realize that nobody likes to be put in their place - so here's a little free advice:
If you don't want to be exposed for lying - then DON'T lie.

It's really that simple . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That's because the ONLY Catholics that you can handle are the ones who keep their mouths shut and allow the type of sewage that you and your minions Sword and Job like to spew.

Look - I realize that nobody likes to be put in their place - so here's a little free advice:
If you don't want to be exposed for lying - then DON'T lie.

It's really that simple . . .
you could like ROAR or something if you like, too, just to add a little punctuation lol. Do you have an actual response to anything, or care to say what you mean by calling me a liar here? Or you just prefer to leave it vague?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you could like ROAR or something if you like, too, just to add a little punctuation lol. Do you have an actual response to anything, or care to say what you mean by calling me a liar here? Or you just prefer to leave it vague?
And there you go being dishonest again.

I never called ANYBODY a "liar."
I said that if you don't want to be exposed - then don't lie. I don't resort to name-calling.

you're also being dishonest by saying that I haven't responded to anything.
I've responded quite amply, using Scripture, the Catechism and and ECF Testimony.

So far - you and your cronies are running in circles . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so angry, Bread of Life? Love casts out all fear - running around 'sticking up for the obvious' and over identifying with doctrine is fear based. I joined the Catholic Church as an adult, after a lot of study. Glad I didn't meet any angry Catholics when I was discerning; I certainly would have missed out on a lot remaining Protestant
I understand BOL's PASSION.

The attacks on Catholics have been well documented since the Reformation. BOL is, in my opinion, PASSIONATLY defending his beliefs and Catholic Doctrine. I see noting wrong with that. Especially on a CLEARLY anti-Catholic website.

However, I agree with you aspen. I am glad I have not experienced any "angry Catholics" in my journey over the last 5 years of learning my Christian History. If I would have experienced any "angry Catholics" it would have turned me off to the Catholic faith.

Chill out BOL. You can get your message across without being so confrontational and condescending.

Love, Mary

Anti-Catholicism in the United States - Wikipedia

Anti-Catholicism - Wikipedia

America's dark and not-very-distant history of hating Catholics

Anti-Catholicism in the United States - Oxford Research Encyclopedia of American History

Reactions: aspen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The attacks on Catholics have been well documented since the Reformation. BOL is, in my opinion, PASSIONATLY defending his beliefs and Catholic Doctrine. I see noting wrong with that. Especially on a CLEARLY anti-Catholic website.

However, I agree with you aspen. I am glad I have not experienced any "angry Catholics" in my journey over the last 5 years of learning my Christian History. If I would have experienced any "angry Catholics" it would have turned me off to the Catholic faith.

Chill out BOL. You can get your message across without being so confrontational and condescending.

Love, Mary

Anti-Catholicism in the United States - Oxford Research Encyclopedia of American History

It's sad, i wish other Christians would show more respect & support for Catholics on this site, and not just on this site, but everywhere else as well, there are a lot of great Catholics around, that have a deeper relationship with Jesus than many other Christians, you read all about the closeness between a lot of the Catholic saints and Jesus throughout history, and there are still a number of modern day Catholic saints, warriors, strongmen and women that are on fire for God into days modern world. I am reading a book by a Catholic mystic "Jeanne Guyon (also known as) Madame Guyon" at the moment "Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ" great book, it shows ya how to really spend quality time with Jesus in the quiet. I am really loving those kinda books at the moment, they show you how to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus and how to get more out of the wonderful relationship.

1f44d.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The attacks on Catholics have been well documented since the Reformation.
Just as the truth is consistantly under attack by those who twist it to suit there doctrines, see its not teh truth that is under attack its the reigion and its doctrines. If it was the truth He would have no need get angry for in teh truth we are free.

Reactions: Job

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's sad, i wish other Christians would show more respect & support for Catholics on this site, and not just on this site, but everywhere else as well, there are a lot of great Catholics around,
It not the catholics, please dont blame it on teh people and play teh "racist" card, its teh religion just liek all the other religions. Dont see any JWs here arguing how theer religion is the right and only right one do you. If we speak of Christ and His works whats teh problem when one pushes ones religion, apparently against forum rules, than its a different issue.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What "racist card"? I didn't realise Catholics were a race.
You know exactly what i mean, every time people stand up agaisnt catholism, its all of a sudden about "catholics", which it is not and never was, you and they full well know , that no one is aganst catholics, it is you that makes it so. As Mary said, he is defindin ghis doctrines, not teh truth not Christ, his doctrines,

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know exactly what i mean, every time people stand up agaisnt catholism, its all of a sudden about "catholics", which it is not and never was, you and they full well know , that no one is aganst catholics, it is you that makes it so. As Mary said, he is defindin ghis doctrines, not teh truth not Christ, his doctrines,

It's always difficult to work out what you mean by your posts. Could you clarify what you mean by "racist card" and how this applies to Catholics.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as the truth is consistantly under attack by those who twist it to suit there doctrines, see its not teh truth that is under attack its the reigion and its doctrines. If it was the truth He would have no need get angry for in teh truth we are free.
Who's "angry"??
I simply have no tolerance for lies - or liars.

Ummm, by the way - neither does God . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Love, Mary

No Mary.
There is a time for fellowship - and a time for rebuking and admonishment.

As long as there are people out there spewing lies and seducing people out of Christ's Church - I will be there to expose them.
Anti Catholics LOVE a complacent, quiet Catholic. The hate educated Catholics . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who's "angry"??
I simply have no tolerance for lies - or liars.

Ummm, by the way - neither does God . . .
translation "i am God, and i do not forgive." ok

oh and "i am qualified to speak for God, even though i demonstrably do not understand 'who told you that you were naked?'"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
translation "i am God, and i do not forgive." ok

oh and "i am qualified to speak for God, even though i demonstrably do not understand 'who told you that you were naked?'"
Translation:
"I don't have a valid response for your exposing of my lies so I'll just attack YOU."

That's what I thought . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Translation:
"I don't have a valid response for your exposing of my lies so I'll just attack YOU."

That's what I thought . . .
go with that if it makes you feel better, ok, but you have directly stated belief in a doctrine that assumes everyone who does not agree with you is ignorant, and the only lies that you have exposed are the ones in your own mind, so i have to ask what is the point of even pretending to have a conversation with you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
go with that if it makes you feel better, ok, but you have directly stated belief in a doctrine that assumes everyone who does not agree with you is ignorant, and the only lies that you have exposed are the ones in your own mind, so i have to ask what is the point of even pretending to have a conversation with you?
Care to substantiate this statement with some evidence??
Show me the post where I "directly stated" that everybody who doesn't agree with me is ignorant.

This should be fun . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear mjrhealth,

You defend YOUR DOCTRINES. Don't you? You think your DOCTRINES are The Truth. Don't you?

Why are YOUR doctrines the Truth and his not?

Definition of DOCTRINE

Curious Mary
Not catholich catholism its not teh peopel its the religion please stop playing teh us and them racist card.
Your statement makes no sense. It's like saying Muslims aren't attacking PEOPLE. They just attack CHRISTIANS.

The Catholics believe, like you believe you are doing, they are defending The Truth of scripture so that the word of God is not defiled or lied about. Just like when they.....GASP....burned bibles. Those horrible Catholics BURNED BIBLES? Yes they did mjrhealth. I bet you really hate the Catholic religion now since burning a bible is just plain evil.

You do know that Catholics are NOT a race?

Hope that helps....Love Mary