Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, it is so suspicious that the Chair of Peter would have an upside down cross on it! Hmm, I wonder what that could mean? What does Peter have to do with an upside down cross? Huh! I wonder!

Puh-lease!

That upside down cross is a symbol for Satan. You can laugh, it doesn't bother me. It just shows that people really don't know who they're worshiping.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you ever hope to understand the other side if you don't listen to or read them? What are you afraid of? Aren't you confident in your own knowledge and beliefs? Just consider for a moment, "What if it is true?" What if Jesus gave us his body and blood for food? What if he actually meant what he said in John 6 and the institution narratives in the synoptics? What if Catholics are not worshiping a cracker? What if it really is Jesus there? Where would that put you and your bible-only friends?

Hi Old Man. But, what if Catholics are really worshipping a cracker?
I'm guessing that the consequence of worshipping a cracker, instead of God, is eternal destruction. The consequence of not treating the bread and wine as God Himself is ...what? An incomplete, inadequate, faulty worship of God, and probably not leading to eternal destruction?

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen for all mens religions, thats why they are all wrong and not from God they are all just as bad as one another, or as it is written,

1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

and Jesus cant have them in His church either,

Excellent post.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Don't call ANYBODY Father? REALLY??
That's not what MY Bible says . . .
yes, it does, unless it has been scribed out, so obviously there is a dichotomy there, and it is not being understood. Of course you have chosen the most Catholic interpretations of all of those passages,

"Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you."

but nonetheless the Bible does plainly state to not be calling other men "father," so one can either ignore it or deal with it.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE well
Let the elders that rule WELL, which will no doubt be those who do not allow others to call them "teacher" or be heaping titles like "bishop" or whatever upon themselves, etc. People that refuse earthly crowns, iow. Who can find them?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Matthew 23:9
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

now, i'm not sure how a Catholic deals with this Scripture, maybe Aspen or another Catholic might give us a different perspective here. Surely it is not universally ignored by the RCC, is it? There must be some official position on it.

DRB
9And call none your father upon earth; for one is your father, who is in heaven.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi PIA,

Scripture CLEARLY sets up a hierarchal Church. What Church do you belong to?

Jesus said to eat his body and drink his blood....How do I do this PIA? How do I, Marymog, eat His body and drink his blood and fulfill what Jesus said to do?

Curious Mary
Lovely to meet you Mary, also lovely to hear that you are still seeking/curious, as I find many people saying they are Christians have stopped doing what Jesus recommended we do :" Ask, seek and knock."
I am more than happy to answer you, if indeed you really are interested, your 'tone' was a tiny bit perplexing, but perhaps it is because English wasn't my first language, so I choose to give you the benefit of a doubt. I will tell you what Church I belong to, and how I KNOW this.
I had been brought up my entire life with no religion / faith system / spirituality or anything which wasn't part of the seen world, and that went for 100% of my family members, it was simply one of the things I recall was never allowed to be discussed, along with money and politics. Then when I was 30 years old, I had and was rescued by Jesus from what they now call a 'near death experience '. After He rescued me from a place I NEVER want to get anywhere near again, as well I would hate for anyone else to go to such a place, He came to me, first it just looked like super bright/white light ( but didn't hurt my eyes ), then the light turned into a person. I cannot explain to you how, but I knew instantly who He was, which I found odd later, as He didn't look like a few 'pictures' or statues I had seen over the years. After expressing my surprise that He had come to someone like me, to which He simply replied :" You called." and one other question I asked Him, which He also answered, I asked :" Do I have to go to church now that you have come to see me?" to which He said, holding out His right hand and arm toward me :" You are the Church! People are the Church! If you are going to compare it to a building, then you are a brick in My Church, along with those who believe."............His reply obviously went over my head, because I then asked :" But is it ok if I do go to Church?", and to this He said :" By all means, that's where you meet those who likewise believe.", and before you assume, NO, He did not say 'By all means' in the way of "By all means necessary, or any sort of MUST do.
Now, there is a lot more to my initial testimony of Him, but I will leave it there, as you asked about what church I belong to, well my answer is, by His words I belong to HIS Church. As far as the hierarchy goes? Absolutely, He is my King, my High Priest, my Intercessor, my Shepherd and a lot of other things, and I am His subject, His servant, His sheep, along with all other believers. We may all have different talents and/or gifts and we may be at different stages of our development.
He showed me a long time ago, that it can be quite dangerous for a Christian to use and study the bible, without His and/or The Holy Spirits input/wisdom/understanding and knowing, as first we assume that all the men written about were somehow perfect, unable to make any mistakes, or without being affected by their previous teachings, which of course is a little silly. They were after all still un-perfected men and women. Jesus made it clear when He was still with His disciples, that the hierarchy you describe, was not to be with His own, that the Gentiles were the ones seeking such, and that it should NOT be so among them, because they were all brothers/family....I will quote Luke 22:25,26......(Jesus is answering the disciples questionings among themselves, as to who of them were the greatest.) " And he said to them :" The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them and those who exercise authority over them are called 'benefactors'. 26)....." But not so among you; on THE CONTRARY, he who is the greatest among you, let him be as the younger , and he who governs as he who serves."
Now Jesus was pretty clear, as He also shows the example of washing His disciples feet. But what did Peter do, when after Jesus' resurrection, all the believers gathered in the same place and shared everything and had everything in common, but one day a group come to Peter to let him know they did not get their share of the bread for that day, Peter, having obviously already forgotten how to serve, said that it was not 'fitting' for him to be bothered by such trivial matters, so he appointed people to be the servers, so he could on with the weightier matter of the word. Later in the book of Acts, Paul also has to rebuke Peter for being a hypocrite, for not wanting to sit with new non Jewish believers, once Jews came to sit near him. So let us NEVER make the mistake of thinking of the disciples, as though they were as perfect and without fault as Jesus was/is nor that they wrote everything out 100% correct. Only by revelation can we be assured of hearing the Truth, as when Peter said that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, Jesus lets Peter (meaning, small rocks/pebbles ) know, that flesh and blood did not reveal that to him, but The Father in heaven did. And on THAT ROCK ( the solid rock of revelation from above ) He ( Jesus ) will build His church, having just started with Peter.
Sorry this got a lot longer than I anticipated, can be difficult at times to explain the simplest of things, as they are often spiritually understood.
May I ask you please? How do you partake of Him ? Why do you believe that you need more intercessors than He ? Isn't He enough for you ? Have you experienced Him, or are you going by learnedness alone ? Please reply because I really am interested.
Love and blessings in Him Pia

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen for all mens religions, thats why they are all wrong and not from God they are all just as bad as one another, or as it is written,

1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

and Jesus cant have them in His church either,
That's absolutely false.

Jesus warned of wolves among His Sheep. This means that there would be bad people within the Church (Matt. 7:15).
Paul warned of the SAME thing (Acts 20:29).

Stop quoting the Bible until you LEARN what it says . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see these things in your church?
Everyone should see this.
More manure from an ignorant little farmer . . .
The triangle has ALWAYS been used to illustrate the Trinity.

The fact that YOU reject the Trinity speaks VOLUMES about your Scriptural ignorance . . .