Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this type of response from the laity is why sex abuse is still covered up in the Roman Catholic Church. Clericalism in all its glory

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you knew squat about what you claim to be your Church - you would know that the Catholic Church in the U.S. is now the SAFEST haven for children. This is just another reason that I don't think you're a Catholic.

The safeguards taken by the Catholic Church have been well-documented - for those who have open eyes.
Yours are apparently closed - and judging by how little you know about what you claim to be your Church - I'm NOT surprised at all.

Once again, I am the only one of us providing stats rather than wild claims and over generalizations.

BishopAccountability.org - Documenting the Catholic Sexual Abuse and Financial Crisis - Data on bishops, priests, brothers, nuns, Pope Francis, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, CDF, Terence McKiernan, Anne Barrett Doyle

Your opinions about my Catholicism are not worth consideration.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so...not like that:

Matthew 23:8
But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.

Matthew 23:9
Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Dear Scott,

You are completely and utterly WRONG based on scripture (Acts). You make absolutely ZERO sense and your bizarre belief is NOT based on the bible or Christian history. I don't' even know if I can take you serious.

You, IMO, read the bible and FEEL like it tells YOU something special that no one else can see.

I am truly, truly sorry that I even engaged a conversation with you.

My prayers are with you....Mary

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RUBBISH.

First of all - I don't find ANY contradiction in the Word of God because I understand what Jesus meant when He said call no man "Father."
YOU
don't get it so you accuse me oif finding "contradiction" in Scripture. Allow me to educate you:

Jesus was using hyperbole (exaggeration) to make a point and does so many times in Scripture. In the verse that precedes this (Matt: 23:8), Jesus tells us not to call people “Teachers”. Is Jesus telling us that we can’t call certain people "fathers" or “teachers” when they may actually be fathers or teachers? Absolutely NOT. He is telling us that no man is to be considered father above our Father in Heaven and no person is to be considered teacher above our Teacher in Heaven.

Jesus was speaking about the Scribes and Pharisees who exalted themselves before all:
“They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues, greetings in marketplaces, and the salutation 'Rabbi.”(Matt 23:6-7)

As I already showed you - there are DOZENS of examples in Scripture where men are called "Father" and "Teacher" - and it is perfectly fine with God.
- Jesus said, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- St. Stephen refers to "our father Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- St. Paul speaks of "our father Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
- We see in Matt. 19:5, Mark 10:7 where Jesus quotes Gen. 2:24, which states: “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.”
- In Eph. 5:31, Paul quotes the very same verse. The Greek same word for Father, πατερ (pat-ayr’), is used in all 3 verses.
- God commands us to “Honor your father and Mother” (Exod.20:12).

- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher" (2 Tim. 1:11).
- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third teachers" (1 Cor. 12:28).
Well, good, I am glad you have a clear understanding, and will now stop exalting those who exalt themselves - just as you pointed out:

Jesus was speaking about the Scribes and Pharisees who exalted themselves before all:
“They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues, greetings in marketplaces, and the salutation 'Rabbi.”(Matt 23:6-7)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Scott,

You are completely and utterly WRONG based on scripture (Acts). You make absolutely ZERO sense and your bizarre belief is NOT based on the bible or Christian history. I don't' even know if I can take you serious.

You, IMO, read the bible and FEEL like it tells YOU something special that no one else can see.

I am truly, truly sorry that I even engaged a conversation with you.

My prayers are with you....Mary
If I quote the scriptures without giving an opinion, and you call me "wrong"...I shall count it good, and be glad that you do not want to engage me in conversation.

Reactions: Job and FHII

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, good, I am glad you have a clear understanding, and will now stop exalting those who exalt themselves - just as you pointed out:

I give them the honor they deserve as the leaders of the Church - just as Paul admonishes us:

1 Thess. 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are laboring among you and who are OVER YOU in the Lord and who admonish you,

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the elders that RULE well be counted worthy of DOUBLE HONOR, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.

It's a shame YOU find it necessary to disobey Scripture . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/
And the "stats" are that this problem is MUCH worse in Protestant circles - but I don't see you including that . . .
Just judging your words - not your heart.

By your words, you've shown that you don't understand the Catholic faith.
By your actions, you've shown that you're faith is weak. Going to Quaker meetings on top of going to Mass because Mass isn't fulfilling enough speaks VOLUMES about your lack of faith . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this type of response from the laity is why sex abuse is still covered up in the Roman Catholic Church. Clericalism in all its glory
And this type of abject ignorance by would-be Catholics about the leaps and bounds the Church has made in the way of safeguarding children is why there is so much anti-Catholicism.

Ignorance at its most pathetic . . .

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once again, I am the only one of us providing stats rather than wild claims and over generalizations.

BishopAccountability.org - Documenting the Catholic Sexual Abuse and Financial Crisis - Data on bishops, priests, brothers, nuns, Pope Francis, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, CDF, Terence McKiernan, Anne Barrett Doyle

BISHOPACCOUNTABILITY IS ANTI-PRIEST
BISHOPACCOUNTABILITY’S REPORT ON POPE FRANCIS

Can you say a-g-e-n-d-a?
Pontifical abuse commission member praises Regensburg bishop for confronting abuse

What? This wasn't covered by the New York Times???

SHINING THE LIGHT ON “SPOTLIGHT”
The movie “Spotlight” is bound to spark more conversation about the sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church. Unfortunately, much of what the American public knows about this issue is derived from the popular culture, something this film will only abet. Therefore, the time is ripe to revisit what the actual data on this subject reveal.

When the Boston Globe sent the nation reeling in 2002 with revelations of priestly sexual abuse, and the attendant cover-up, Catholics were outraged by the level of betrayal. This certainly included the Catholic League. The scandal cannot be denied. What is being denied, however, is the existence of another scandal—the relentless effort to keep the abuse crisis alive, and the deliberate refusal to come to grips with its origins. Both scandals deserve our attention...
SHINING THE LIGHT ON "SPOTLIGHT"

what_we_want_you_to_think.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I followed your link and when I saw the word catholic, I stopped.

m
How will you ever hope to understand the other side if you don't listen to or read them? What are you afraid of? Aren't you confident in your own knowledge and beliefs? Just consider for a moment, "What if it is true?" What if Jesus gave us his body and blood for food? What if he actually meant what he said in John 6 and the institution narratives in the synoptics? What if Catholics are not worshiping a cracker? What if it really is Jesus there? Where would that put you and your bible-only friends?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it's still covered up, why haven't you called the cops?
If it's still covered up, how did you find out about it?
Who covered it up? The parents? The judge's black out orders? The cops? Has the bishop or pastor violated directives from the Pope, which includes immediately calling the cops? Do you think pastors and bishops have mind reading powers to know peoples' dark secrets?

Do you think so little of the laity that we are not sickened?
Fighting against clergy sex abuse is a good thing to do, but not when you scourge my Lord in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All one has to do to understand is to open ones eyes and "look".
Rome%20dag%202%2018.jpg

m
No - all one has to do is stop being purposely ignorant to understand why the cross of Christ conquered paganism.

"Looking" is not "seeing" . . .

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Open your eyes and "look" at what going on around you.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see these things in your church?

Everyone should see this.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOU made it into a Catholic problem and I was showing you that it is a problem in ALL Christianity.
I was showing your hypocrisy in decrying the "evils" of the Catholic Church in regards to child molestation - when the problem is even worse among the Protestant sects.

This is not a justification - it's a cold slap of reality . . .
Amen for all mens religions, thats why they are all wrong and not from God they are all just as bad as one another, or as it is written,

1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

and Jesus cant have them in His church either,

Reactions: Job

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see these things in your church?

Everyone should see this.

Triangle=symbol for trinity. What's wrong with that. The eye in the triangle=symbol for omniscience of God.

Wow, it is so suspicious that the Chair of Peter would have an upside down cross on it! Hmm, I wonder what that could mean? What does Peter have to do with an upside down cross? Huh! I wonder!

Puh-lease!