Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you feel "abused" because you're being rebuked and corrected for lying so many times - here's a quick fix:
Just STOP lying.

Not that difficult, friend . . .

PS - When you're ready to give us your definition of "Dualism" and are ready to have a grown-up conversation - you know where to find me.

Why would I waste my time posting anything you request (kicking the football) when you have no intention of reading it (pulling away the football), Lucy?

Reactions: FHII

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I waste my time posting anything you request (kicking the football) when you have no intention of reading it (pulling away the football), Lucy?
Thanks for making my point - once again . . .:rolleyes:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you excluding Roman Catholicism from the universal church or are you just making the large point that Roman Catholicism is simply one member of the Catholic Church?

Those in the Roman Church who are born-again believers are part of the Catholic Church. Just like all born-again believers are. The Roman Church has those in it who are part of the Catholic Church, universal Church, just like all other denominations do.

The Roman Church, however, is not Catholic. It has stolen that position and believers need to recognize it.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, BoL that is all for now, I need to go clean up after my dog. Got to make a difference somewhere today.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those in the Roman Church who are born-again believers are part of the Catholic Church. Just like all born-again believers are. The Roman Church has those in it who are part of the Catholic Church, universal Church, just like all other denominations do.

The Roman Church, however, is not Catholic. It has stolen that position and believers need to recognize it.

Stranger

Thanks for the reply

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Melkite Catholics "Roman"?
Are Byzantine Catholics "Roman"?
Are Coptic Catholics "Roman"?
Are Syro-Malabar Catholics "Roman"?
Are Maronte Catholics "Roman"?
Are Ruthenian Catholics "Roman"?

How does that foot in your mouth taste?

There is none so blind as the one who refuses to see . . .

Indeed. If they are part of the Roman church then then they are Roman. See post #1706 again. Pay attention.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you feel "abused" because you're being rebuked and corrected for lying so many times - here's a quick fix:
Just STOP lying.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And that is why you are so fixated on it. The whore is true and God is a liar according to you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. If they are part of the Roman church then then they are Roman. See post #1706 again. Pay attention.

Stranger
EHHHH!!!
Wrong
again, my ignorant friend.
They aren't part of the Roman Rite, although they're in full communion with the Bishop of Rome.

Really, Stranger - pay attention . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And that is why you are so fixated on it. The whore is true and God is a liar according to you.
Now, now - just stop yer fibbin' and you'll be just fine . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Mind backing that up with a little documented evidence??
You see, my angry friend - the paper trail starts and ends with the Catholic Church as we know it today.

We can trace our Church ALL the way back to the Apostles.
YOU can't make that claim. You can only go back as far as the Rebellion in the 16th century. And MOST Protestant sects can only go back as far as the 20th century . . .

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Here I Stand" makes so much more sense now

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EHHHH!!!
Wrong
again, my ignorant friend.
They aren't part of the Roman Rite, although they're in full communion with the Bishop of Rome.

Really, Stranger - pay attention . . .

Roman. I did pay attention. All is Roman. Not Catholic. Roman.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mind backing that up with a little documented evidence??
You see, my angry friend - the paper trail starts and ends with the Catholic Church as we know it today.

We can trace our Church ALL the way back to the Apostles.
YOU can't make that claim. You can only go back as far as the Rebellion in the 16th century. And MOST Protestant sects can only go back as far as the 20th century . . .

I have showed you already that Peter was never in Rome. That he did not establish the Roman Church. Thus your claim to trace your church back to the apostles is a lie.

You, my friend, are part of the Roman Church. Not the Catholic Church. Unless you have been born-again. Have you?

Stranger

Reactions: FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have showed you already that Peter was never in Rome. That he did not establish the Roman Church.

Hey Stranger... I actually believe Peter was in Rome. Not for as long as those of the RCC believe, and I certainly believe he didn't establish the Church at Rome.

I haven't followed the 80+ pages of this thread all the way through, so if there is something you want me to view on this topic, let me know.

The Church at Antioch was started by migrant believers with no leader. Later, leaders were semt. Interestingly enough, Peter is said to have founded that Church as well. But the bible never says Peter was in Antioch EXCEPT Paul saying he was.

The point is that Antioch was started by grassroots believers and later received leadership. I believe Rome's Church was the same. I believe it was started by believers and later received leadership in the form of Paul. Peter did arrive but his importance was more of reputation. It certainly would've benefitted from him. But i doubt he built it.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ask the Lord if He loves His mother, I'm still waiting on that one.
Honestly, what a silly question ....HE IS LOVE so how could He not love His Mother, but if you're asking me if He loves her MORE than others, then my reply would be an emphatic 'no'. Apologies if there was something else I didn't reply to, I don't get as much time here as I would like, and sometimes I have to pop off in the middle of reading something, particularly if they are long.
You're a Christian, right? So why on earth don't you ask Him yourself ? Or are you one of those who see Him more like a 'Santa' figure, real but not really THAT real ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i don't want to diminish this, but Nazi Germany operated under the same principle, believe it or don't. Iow people are manipulable, and tend to block themselves off from sources of dissension or cognitive dissonance, as might be witnessed by some of the more ardent Catholics here (no offense).

Not sure why this is coming to mind, but back in the old days of America, the President often chose his opponent in the election as VP. Good to keep dissenters around iow, even if they are a pain. We tend to clan up with the like-minded, and develop judgements for any outside our group, not that i would suspect you of that or anything, but these things have a way of getting co-opted.
Yeah the world certainly has it's way to go about things. personally I wouldn't want the devil as my VP..... lol

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
32But the time is coming--indeed it's here now--when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father...

not disagreeing with you though, but this does illustrate the nature of our human relationships
While many are lonely, they need not be alone.....What you quoted there was Jesus explaining to His disciples that when He was arrested they would all scatter and go to their own houses, sort of thing. Many a person in the Bible were alone in their pursuit on behalf of God, but after Christs resurrection, we can now be assured that He goes with us ALWAYS, even til the end of the world.... :)

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Honestly, what a silly question ....HE IS LOVE so how could He not love His Mother, but if you're asking me if He loves her MORE than others, then my reply would be an emphatic 'no'. Apologies if there was something else I didn't reply to, I don't get as much time here as I would like, and sometimes I have to pop off in the middle of reading something, particularly if they are long.
You're a Christian, right? So why on earth don't you ask Him yourself ? Or are you one of those who see Him more like a 'Santa' figure, real but not really THAT real ?
I don't need to ask Jesus if He loves His mother, I already know. "if He loves her MORE than others" was not my question. But you answered in the affirmative.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.
Paul instructs us to be imitators of Christ as he is. Jesus ALWAYS honored His mother and that's one way we imitate Christ by honoring His mother. We sure get a lot of heat for imitating Christ.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't need to ask Jesus if He loves His mother, I already know. "if He loves her MORE than others" was not my question. But you answered in the affirmative.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.
Paul instructs us to be imitators of Christ as he is. Jesus ALWAYS honored His mother and that's one way we imitate Christ by honoring His mother. We sure get a lot of heat for imitating Christ.
In my opinion there is a huge difference between giving honor to someone, and making them a deity, or equal to God, or in some peoples minds I have met, she is above Jesus, which is unbelievable to me. How can they substitute the Son of God, the resurrected Son of Man, with a human woman who was blessed by God, to be able to carry His seed and give birth to His Son ? I really do not get it.
Be imitators of Christ indeed, I don't see very much of that on this forum.....