Cessastionism ,What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some politicians, and religious persons, in every place, will not be made well.
Ever.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you just have faith it shouldn't be a problem, what is easier - healing the sick or raising the dead? All the same power of the God.
This is the point where a lot of the believers in the continuation of gifts see to be quiet...
Again.

This is a God thing not an 'us" thing.

God must lead us in our efforts because they that are led of the Spirit are the sons(and daughters) of God.

The Lord must show us what to do and how to do it, and we can make Him do absolutely nothing but what He wills to do.

Mark 16:16-18 is all about Spirit led believers, not those that impose their will on God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sort of, as you know. (and others)

Most claim or think they are led .....

the problem is,

by what ?
Excellent question.

This is answered in John 10.

Jesus' sheep hear His voice alone, and not the voice of a stranger.

The key is to train oneself to hear Jesus' voice, not ask men what Jesus is saying to them.

This is the false shepherd syndrome we are experiencing today, which was started by the RCC in the 4th century when they eliminated the priesthood of all believers.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it has not, sorry. These kinds of claims are made from time to time. Never verified

Yes it was, He was not the only there there were Doctors and other types of Sciences plus ministers from various Church and we meant the lady herself. Like I said not enough belief or faith in America and it is due to the WOF charlatans like Copeland and others. Many times in my very Church people were healed of disabilities verified by Doctors. God still does miracles all you have to do is believe. You chose to throw out the baby with the bath water because of a bad experience, instead of seeing the bad experience as just that a bad experience you have done no different then the WOF have just the other way. Christianity is not about extremes and both sides are dong that.

Reactions: Rita and Truther

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josho,

You have asserted several things without proof just like all the false word of faith devotees.
Whoever moved this thread here is the right person.You are not the first to make claims that these charlatans are doing the work of God.

So I am the right person? Nope..... Don't think there really is a right person to preach Cessationism too.

I believe in the living, powerful Word of God, that is still very very active today.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I am the right person? Nope..... Don't think there really is a right person to preach Cessationism too.

I believe in the living, powerful Word of God, that is still very very active today.
Without signs and wonders, we cannot be God's church. It was founded on signs and wonders and still must be...

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

Fancy oratory is not enough to convert the soul.

Reactions: Josho

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some cessationist believe that all gifts stopped at the end of the Apostolic age and most of the are from the Reformed and Calvin seems to have originated that view. There are different types of cessationist too:

Source

It seems the idea of cessationism came about because God healed people in the Catholic Church, and we can't be having that according to them. Here is some more to help:

Source

I am not a not a cessationist but I wanted to help :)
There are degrees of ceasing held by those of us into it, and would say that the majority viewpoint would be the same that I hold with!
We would hold that the Lord can and still does healings and even miracles at times, but not the norm, and thast none today are gifted with so called sign gifts as the Apostles were by God.
Some of us do though see all healing and miracles not for today.
Also, there there are no modern Apostles/prophets for today given by God to the Church!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are degrees of ceasing held by those of us into it, and would say that the majority viewpoint would be the same that I hold with!
We would hold that the Lord can and still does healings and even miracles at times, but not the norm, and thast none today are gifted with so called sign gifts as the Apostles were by God.
Some of us do though see all healing and miracles not for today.
Also, there there are no modern Apostles/prophets for today given by God to the Church!
The only cessation today we see is so called Christians that voluntarily ceased to operate in the gifts because of carnality.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, do not see any operate as Apostles did in signs and wonders today!
Do you mean EVERYONE you see, living, as far as you know, has not moved in the Spirit of God, or not been moved by the Spirit of God, as far as anyplace you have been or seen ?

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean EVERYONE you see, living, as far as you know, has not moved in the Spirit of God, or not been moved by the Spirit of God, as far as anyplace you have been or seen ?
Not as in they were gifted directly do do a healing or a miracle!

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not as in they were gifted directly do do a healing or a miracle!
Don't worry about that, unless you trusted someone already, in the past,
that you should not trust. If so, then of course as always, repent of that trusting a man.

You do have something to look forward to, God Willing, as you continue fully in Christ Jesus seeking and loving the Truth and doing simply as God Says , in harmony completely with His Own Word (Scripture).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only ines that I see claiming to be able to do that are frauds and deceivers in the Church!
Don't look for those claiming anything.

Always be alert, seeking the Truth.
As (if?) God Plans and Permits , you will see that which God has Purposed ...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only ines that I see claiming to be able to do that are frauds and deceivers in the Church!
I have seen many of the gifts in operation in my 40 plus years of being born again.

If you haven't seen anything per the gifts in action, I recommend you expand your faith.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't look for those claiming anything.

Always be alert, seeking the Truth.
As (if?) God Plans and Permits , you will see that which God has Purposed ...
The Lord can and still does healings and even miracles, but we cannot force nor demand Him to do such!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen many of the gifts in operation in my 40 plus years of being born again.

If you haven't seen anything per the gifts in action, I recommend you expand your faith.
I do know that the Lord is now seemly to be doing a harvesting work among Muslims with at times dreams and visions and signs, but that would be due to he needed to validate the person of Lord jesus now to them!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do know that the Lord is now seemly to be doing a harvesting work among Muslims with at times dreams and visions and signs, but that would be due to he needed to validate the person of Lord jesus now to them!
It is even bigger than that.

The gifts of the Spirit are commonplace in my life.

They are also heavily used by God in millions of other's lives of believers.

Don't knock them until you try them