Cessastionism ,What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the middle of a world pandemic the "faith healers" are pretty silent.
Maybe. (later distinguish the ones who are few and true, and the frauds which are many)

Jesus is still healing people though, everywhere there is not too much unbelief.

Everywhere for those who do not put their trust in man/ doctors/ governments (those ones get cursed , as God says).

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reply...if you don't want family members to die then raise them from the dead.
Really?

Do you know where in Scripture it is written by God, God says clearly Why "MY people perish" (even God's people perish) ....

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I for one admire their determination to find something or someone to validate, but personally believe the only sign that will be given is the same given to Johnna.

Out of curiosity what do you believe was the sign he received?
Are you referring to what Jesus says about the crowd who wanted a sign, (or the Jews), ?
and as
Jesus says the only sign given to them will be the sign of Jonah (which they all know/knew was that Jonah died for three days and three nights, then God gave him life again ) ...

i.e. it wasn't so much a sign to Jonah, as written,
although Jonah certainly knew that Yahweh had raised him from 'sheol' (or whatever word was used/ depths/ grave/ etc) ...

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My reply to mistaken persons like yourself is it is not a question of"if you do not believe"...rather it is what saith the scripture?
You can keep your smith wiggelsworth fantasies and just ignore scriptural teaching which most do not have a handle on.
The rhyming noise you make is not biblical tongues.
I don't know about any "rhyming noise" but for a great many years now talking to God in "tongues", the gift that is, has been a part of my daily connection with Him. He has given me too much over the years to cast it aside because others do not have the same gift and/or doubt that I do. My faith in God remains!

You get sick like everyone else.
And because a believe gets sick does this mean that God no longer heals? I believe that everyone who gets well in effect gets well by the power of God. If there no more healing, then you might be right. Because a doctor treated or because you took a medicine and you then improved or got completely well does not mean God was not simply using that vehicle to accomplish His purpose. Then again there are still some who are healed now without the involvement any such observable vehicle. Sometimes still for the glory of God or some other reason which God knows people are healed and even an honest physician would call it a 'miracle'. Should we limit God because of certain 'essentials' taught by our group of believers or our church group or our denomination?

The natural children of Israel limited God and so can we by our unbelief.

There is also a left hand of God where curses are accomplished, which certainly should be a part of what you are considering here...

Word of faith prosperity heretics are soon to be judged.
When you turn from scripture you put yourself and others at risk.

When a person decides that his understanding of what is written in the scriptures is the only possibility, has he not limited God? Who but God knows all of the correct answers all of the time with regard to what is written? It is also written that "every man is a liar". Some lies may indeed be unintentional through ignorance, but nonetheless they are lies. When a person believes his understanding of a verse of scripture is the only truth of the matter, but it turns he is wrong... was he not lying when he was standing for what he believed?

Did not Apostle Paul believe he was working for God when he stood by and watched with approval as they stoned Stephen to death? Saul/Paul was lying to people with his words and his actions... even though at the time he did not know it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Do you know where in Scripture it is written by God, God says clearly Why "MY people perish" (even God's people perish) ....
"Where there is no vision, the people perish:...: Prov. 29:18
Without vision they walk into a ditch all by themselves as surely as when they follow some blind preacher or teacher.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole world is deceived. Everyone in the world: doctors included. Politicians included. Christians included (those in name only). That "MYSTICAL BUBBLE" is widespread, all -encompassing.

Jesus came to set us free, and set us free He does, as the Father directs, today, same as always. (well, yes, some tactical differences - the structure such as it was in the first century , in ACTS, Ephesians, Philippians, was different than it became later under the antichrists)

Remember or look at the letters to the Ekklesia, in the Apocalypse - how much is revealed about the troubles in the days we live in...
and
more importantly, for those who have not bent the knee to satan,
hang on to what we have in Jesus - stand fast in Jesus' Name and do not deny Him, healed or not of sickness, delivered or not from prison/ beatings/ family break-ups or other dysfunctions (society is wholly bad, broken, not living truth).... we are vexed sorely, daily by the sin all around us in churches, families, governments, doctor's offices, hospitals, politics, schools, banks, and so on....
Yes, vexed like that righteous man Lot:

"And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds" II Peter 2:7-8

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like what for example?Clarify what you mean.
No one here is as been to heaven,nobody.
And just exactly where is heaven? Jesus was in heaven while he was walking on planet Earth, was he not?

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13

So then since we are supposed to be becoming like Him, are not some in heaven even now, even though it may mostly be a 1st heaven and more rarely a 2nd. Does not the scripture speak of someone other than Jesus attaining to 3rd heaven before natural death?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I for one admire their determination to find something or someone to validate, but personally believe the only sign that will be given is the same given to Johnna.

Out of curiosity what do you believe was the sign he received?

"And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation." Luke 11:29-30

Jonah himself was the sign. When they saw and heard him in Nineveh they repented!

To the doubting people to whom Jesus was speaking, Jesus himself was the sign... a sign they refused to believe.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

I was being sarcastic... of course people parish, even the ones Jesus raised from the dead or healed. Those who claim the gifts are still active are not even out there raising the dead or preforming miracles. Any objection one raises will be met with, "you of little faith". Which is ironic because they're not out there on the streets healing people which shows their little faith!

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does not the scripture speak of someone other than Jesus attaining to 3rd heaven before natural death?
Absolutely. Enoch and Elijah did not die but were taken directly to heaven. And all the Old Testament and New Testament saints are presently in Heaven. All those who are children of God go directly to Heaven when they die. Their souls and spirits go to be with Christ.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Where there is no vision, the people perish:...: Prov. 29:18
Without vision they walk into a vision all by themselves as surely as when they follow some blind preacher of teacher.
Yes, good and thanks be to God for His Word.

Someone else reminded me of this also:
"My people perish for lack of knowledge" -- Hosea 4:6.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was being sarcastic... of course people parish, even the ones Jesus raised from the dead or healed. Those who claim the gifts are still active are not even out there raising the dead or preforming miracles.
haha no worries.

Those (licensed doctors and other healers) who are healing people are rejected by the churches, opposed to the world church of rome,
not permitted by the civilian governments, not allowed by law in Europe or in the United States,

so where do you think they will be found ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. Enoch and Elijah did not die but were taken directly to heaven. And all the Old Testament and New Testament saints are presently in Heaven. All those who are children of God go directly to Heaven when they die. Their souls and spirits go to be with Christ.

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter." II Cor 12:2-4

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decade ago, maybe more, maybe less, I read a paraphrase that was in line with Scripture as was referenced then (I can't locate it now)
as Jesus told the Apostles ' you are ALREADY in the KINGDOM , now start living like it! '

as the KINGDOM being wherever and everyplace God is Ruler, King, Lord, Teacher, Savior, ?

vs the kingdom of this world - flesh, sinful, disobedient....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
haha no worries.

Those (licensed doctors and other healers) who are healing people are rejected by the churches, opposed to the world church of rome,
not permitted by the civilian governments, not allowed by law in Europe or in the United States,

so where do you think they will be found ?
Where Jesus and the Holy Ghost are!

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us." II Tim 1:13-14

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decade ago, maybe more, maybe less, I read a paraphrase that was in line with Scripture as was referenced then (I can't locate it now)
as Jesus told the Apostles ' you are ALREADY in the KINGDOM , now start living like it! '

as the KINGDOM being wherever and everyplace God is Ruler, King, Lord, Teacher, Savior, ?

vs the kingdom of this world - flesh, sinful, disobedient....

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21
p.s. OR, yes - "the kingdom of God is within you" YES , right !

I replied too quickly with the below .....

Thanks but that is a whole different time and place, warning those today about the many claims of false teachers world wide in so many false churches and outside of churches.

What I was referring to was Jesus Own Words for His Own Disciples , directly about His Own Apostles.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where Jesus and the Holy Ghost are!

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us." II Tim 1:13-14
YES,
and they are found by those who seek them, who keep seeking them, or
rather who are seeking Jesus, seeking God's Kingdom , daily....

others reject the idea of finding any healing or any cures , because the enemy of Christ prominently and overwhelmingly says that daily ... thru the fda, cdc, who, pharmakeia, and most governments... most pastors, most teachers ... and so on...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And just exactly where is heaven? Jesus was in heaven while he was walking on planet Earth, was he not?

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13

So then since we supposed to be becoming like Him, are not some in heaven even now, even though it may mostly be a 1st heaven and more rarely a 2nd. Does not the scripture speak of someone other than Jesus attaining to 3rd heaven before natural death?

Also don't forget the transfiguration on the Mountain where Moses and Elijah appeared beside Jesus.

---------------------

So if people want to debate walking in Heaven.

Where were Moses and Elijah after the transfiguration?

We know Elijah and Enoch never faced death.

And we know Jesus ascended to Heaven about 40 days after His ressurection.

John also saw Heaven in the book of Revelation.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Last edited: