Chaos Theory What Makes an Accident?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Its a responce to your comment about a "death cult." Elaborate and I may be able to figure out how it applies. If you speak of Christianity you may be right, in at least some way. As martars do not deny the faith to even save themselves from death.

How does martyrdom weigh on the fruit scale you use for what is good?
ah, depends, i guess we would have to have a discussion about what "living sacrifice" means first?
Prolly a bit diff for everyone too, i guess

imo "martyrs" are really just the analogy, after all how many ppl will ever be in a literal situation like that? Is the passage only applicable to them?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ah, depends, i guess we would have to have a discussion about what "living sacrifice" means first?
Prolly a bit diff for everyone too, i guess

imo "martyrs" are really just the analogy, after all how many ppl will ever be in a literal situation like that? Is the passage only applicable to them?

That verse was primarily to deal with the temptation to save oneself during persecution. However the "living sacrifice" is also implied.

Reactions: bbyrd009

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...Complex systems are systems that contain so much motion (so many elements that move) that computers are required to calculate all the various possibilities. That is why Chaos Theory could not have emerged before the second half of the 20th century.

freud.JPG

Sigmund Freud
But there is another reason that Chaos Theory was born so recently, and that is the Quantum Mechanical Revolution and how it ended the deterministic era!

Up to the Quantum Mechanical Revolution people believed that things were directly caused by other things, that what went up had to come down, and that if only we could catch and tag every particle in the universe we could predict events from then on. Entire governments and systems of belief were (and, sadly, are still) founded on these beliefs, and when Sigmund Freud invented psychoanalysis, he headed out from the idea that malfunctions in the mind are the results of traumas suffered in the past. Regression would allow the patient to stroll down memory lane, pinpoint the sore spot and rub it away with Freud's healing techniques that were again based on linear cause and effect.

Chaos Theory however taught us that nature most often works in patterns..."
Chaos Theory for Beginners; An Introduction
it sounds complicated but an easy answer is to blame it on sin. reason being in a perfect world if i shoot a bow facing the wrong way theoretically is should hit the target and never miss. sin is what causes us to miss the target. you guys can get all scientific if you choose to try and explain it. it will end up just like when science tries to show how God created the world.

God bless

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i posted another snip in #48, or you could read the link, but we could even just go from our observations; in order to interact with another mind, spacetime is essentially created; a single mind not interacting at all does not need spacetime, and exists outside of spacetime, for all intents and purposes; this is another way to express "death."

The interactions--say, the one between you and i going on right now--manifest the spacetime that we are currently interacting in; this is "life." Meditation is leaving spacetime, in a sense, although i guess the author puts it better
Ugh...I even went back and looked, but did not find the snip that says just where where is. Perhaps you could just blurt it out.

But I did read enough to add another comment:

The whole "no-spacetime-no-interaction" and that definition of "life" idea, could not possibly be valid, for visions and dreams. That's life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Its a responce to your comment about a "death cult." Elaborate and I may be able to figure out how it applies.
by that i mean those who Scripture warns about, basically, "many will be deceived," etc. Anyone seeking physical death, i guess, although it manifests other ways too; "wait for Jesus to come save us again, and remove us all to...somewhere, and then life will somehow start then," etc

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it sounds complicated but an easy answer is to blame it on sin.
ah sorry, blame what on sin?
reason being in a perfect world if i shoot a bow facing the wrong way theoretically it should hit the target and never miss.
i've heard of this, but i don't get it tbh. Sounds like Bizarro-world to me wadr. No reaping from sowing, etc
sin is what causes us to miss the target.
might not be clear from the snip, but what he is saying is that Freud began with a bad premise, so i think he is agreeing with you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you guys can get all scientific if you choose to try and explain it.
choose to try and explain what? i'm not sure you are on to the point here yet wadr, but if i get you, that is really only ancillary to the main subject there, i run from needlessly complicated concepts myself, and the author has made more than one disclaimer there too.

I don't use terms like "Hegelian Dialectic" for fun, but bc that is the term already in use for the Modus Operendi that we all accept as normal now, the assumption that forward progress is predicated upon a winner defeating a loser. for example

as the author states, Chaos Theory was not even possible just a short few years ago, and much of this treatise is about recognizing how we have left the Deterministic Age, @BreadOfLife, and we are now coming to an understanding of how truth manifests, by better understanding how it does not--or, briefly, you cannot predict where a photon is going to go through a double-slit, and in fact it could do a 180 and land right behind the slits too, weird as that seems to me

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it will end up just like when science tries to show how God created the world.
hmm, i guess maybe some science, yes, but this science all proceeds from the assumption of a Creative Force, God is assumed, just not defined iow. Still not quite sure what you mean by "it" there, sorry if this is not to your point

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ugh...I even went back and looked, but did not find the snip that says just where where is. Perhaps you could just blurt it out.
ha ok, "the material plane," or "earth," or however you might want to phrase it. Creation. that's the only where there is, see. There is no place called heaven

Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The whole "no-spacetime-no-interaction" and that definition of "life" idea, could not possibly be valid, for visions and dreams. That's life.
so then lose the visions and dreams, imo, the imaginations, that Paul so succinctly invokes @ "absent from the body" that no one can even read it lol. "Seek to please God where you are, right now."

I came that you might have life, and more abundantly

the dead know nothing

etc

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
by that i mean those who Scripture warns about, basically, "many will be deceived," etc. Anyone seeking physical death, i guess, although it manifests other ways too
I've heard of Christians doing this on the mission field, putting themselves in deliberately dangerous situations in hope they die a marytor. It usually doesn't work the way they think, as God will protect them until he is ready. He doesn't go by our timing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've heard of Christians doing this on the mission field, putting themselves in deliberately dangerous situations in hope they die a marytor. It usually doesn't work the way they think
ha, no kidding, there are missions, and then there are the missions we manifest today, more akin to invasions

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ha, no kidding, there are missions, and then there are the missions we manifest today, more akin to invasions
Spiritually that is the case, powers and principalities need to be broken. The home front isn't fairing any better though, as different more resistant viruses are gaining ground in the hearts of the people.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so then lose the visions and dreams, imo, the imaginations, that Paul so succinctly invokes @ "absent from the body" that no one can even read it lol. "Seek to please God where you are, right now."

I came that you might have life, and more abundantly

the dead know nothing

etc
That's all good, but I believe you missed my point. It is visions and dreams from God that show interaction without spacetime. In other words, God, without spacetime, has His own ability to have and facilitate relationships. In my own experience, they hold the greater reality.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The home front isn't fairing any better though, as different more resistant viruses are gaining ground in the hearts of the people.
of course, as they must, kind after kind, "you cannot serve two masters." I am hard on MDs here, Doctors, but after all they could not exist if no one was buying what they were selling, right. We seek Drs to cure us of our self-inflicted ills, but of course the cure is "change your mind," which who wants to do that lol, then i have to go buy real eggs from ppl who are not serving Profit, and pay double or triple, or grow them myself, how inconvenient, etc.

if you fight the devil, you are going to lose, right, there is no "fight the devil" (Muslims, etc) in the Book, not anywhere.
The OT is a record of the failure inherent in fighting satan. Determinism ("that is this, and this is that") does not have to die, in a sense, it is already dead.

We--or at least ppl smarter than we--have already prophesied the end of any Empire, books are written on the matter, no Empire ever comes back from the decline/decadence stage, except those deemed "head with a mortal wound, that is healed."

so, keep bailing out the banks, lol, and wondering where superbugs are coming from, if you wanna. (common "you" there, ok, not you personally)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God, without spacetime, has His own ability to have and facilitate relationships.
i disagree, and doubt that you could provide an example outside of spacetime wadr. That is what spacetime, reality, Creation, is for.
It is an artificial construct made so that we can relate to each other, and so God can relate to us. That it is "artificial" in some regard is irrelevant, see; your chair is 99.99999% empty space, but you still sit on it, and etc.

any relationships outside of spacetime are assumed, not established. Believing that the earth is going to pass away the same time as the world does would be an indicator here, imo. The New Jerusalem plainly comes from heaven, down to earth, in one analogy, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In my own experience, they hold the greater reality.
i scoff at this, but my dreams also seem more real to me than reality, so i get you, ok.
Not sure what that might be, i suspect our still "evil" minds are just not trained to even dream right, but i don't know

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i scoff at this, but my dreams also seem more real to me than reality, so i get you, ok.
Not sure what that might be, i suspect our still "evil" minds are just not trained to even dream right, but i don't know

You never had dreams that even vaguely show the future? I've had them, once I drempt of an ape with its flesh falling off. The next day I saw a documentary that by chance depicted apes turning on one of their own and tearing it apart.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You never had dreams that even vaguely show the future? I've had them, once I drempt of an ape with its flesh falling off. The next day I saw a documentary that by chance depicted apes turning on one of their own and tearing it apart.
i'm pretty sure some instances of deja vu were from previous dreams, yes.