Chaos Theory What Makes an Accident?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i'm pretty sure some instances of deja vu were from previous dreams, yes.

Perhaps deja vu is from dreams we can't remember, I was speaking of dreams I could remember.

Concerning deja vu a secular theory is that it is some sort of a feedback loop in our memory. We recall a memory and record it at the same time, leading us to think it already happened.

Reactions: bbyrd009

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah sorry, blame what on sin?
i've heard of this, but i don't get it tbh. Sounds like Bizarro-world to me wadr. No reaping from sowing, etc

might not be clear from the snip, but what he is saying is that Freud began with a bad premise, so i think he is agreeing with you
first question. we are referring to the op.
second question in a world that everyone and everything is perfect could you make an mistake that was not already planned out?
third question whether he agrees or not i believe science is provided for us so we can understand how God is able to do what He does.
i would explain more but there are multiple posts i need to respond to and i don't want to copy and paste if necessary.

God bless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
first question. we are referring to the op.
ah. well, the op is about how we come to believe something is "truth," and determinism, which i agree is a sin in a sense, but imo "sin" is just not as productive a framework to reveal a better understanding there, at least for the moment. Sin implies judgement, and punishment, and see, there is no law against calling a thing "truth," whether it is true or not, right.

the point--i think--is more about recognizing that facts cannot get you to truth, at least not all by themselves. Facts can only get you so far. If there are any lawyers here, in the house, this concept could prolly be expressed better by a lawyer, as any trial lawyer will tell you that truth has no place in a courtroom.

A defense lawyer is likely to never ask a defendant if they are guilty or not, see, bc they do not care, that is not what they are being retained for. They do not ask bc it might impair their performance, in establishing the "facts" that they want to establish, and suppressing the "facts" that they want to suppress.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
second question in a world that everyone and everything is perfect could you make an mistake that was not already planned out?
imo the frame is unreal, therefore the Q is also unreal. there is no such place, iow.

if you counter "heaven is for real," i counter "go read the kid, recanting."
while fully agreeing that heaven is for real, certainly; it is right beside you, or within you, and no where else. One, or the other

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
third question whether he agrees or not i believe science is provided for us so we can understand how God is able to do what He does.
indeed, most scientists are confronted at some point with the need to posit a Creative Force, it becomes unavoidable i guess. And understand that the Freudian analysis bit in there is being dissected and found wanting, or iow one cannot psychoanalyze a person's past and fix their present by revealing every past sin committed upon them (determinism; this is caused by that); even though much benefit can be derived from the model, if the concept of forgiveness is incorporated i guess

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i disagree, and doubt that you could provide an example outside of spacetime wadr. That is what spacetime, reality, Creation, is for.
It is an artificial construct made so that we can relate to each other, and so God can relate to us. That it is "artificial" in some regard is irrelevant, see; your chair is 99.99999% empty space, but you still sit on it, and etc.

any relationships outside of spacetime are assumed, not established. Believing that the earth is going to pass away the same time as the world does would be an indicator here, imo. The New Jerusalem plainly comes from heaven, down to earth, in one analogy, right
No, and you are in no position to impose any authoritative answer. Your position is one of conjecture, speculation, and opinion.

I have experience, and I am telling you, you have it wrong. I have experienced the plane of which you are speculating, and not only did it include relationships, but also personal identity, and occurrences, comparable to what is experienced on a timeline - but without time. And it was all confirmed back in time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have experience, and I am telling you, you have it wrong. I have experienced the plane of which you are speculating, and not only did it include relationships, but also personal identity, and occurrences, comparable to what is experienced on a timeline - but without time. And it was all confirmed back in time.
so are you saying that you have experienced the future?
the New J does not come to earth?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so are you saying that you have experienced the future?
the New J does not come to earth?
I could only say that what I experienced was the future from the standpoint that I will again experience it in the future, as it relates to this timeline. But "where" I experienced was not a place in time according to this world. Nor was it away or distant from here, but above the earthly plane and within me.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
No, for I have stated it from a timeline.
What you say about heaven makes sense. The Kingdom of Heaven is within.

It is also understood from John 5:24 that when someone is saved they step from death into life.

Further Jesus promised in John 11:26 that whoever lives by believing in him will never die.

He told the thief on the cross, today you will be with me in paradise.

The body will be resurrected on the Lord's day. Didn't he say he is the resurrection when he raised Lazarus? He was the resurrection even before he was crucified. His resurrection is how we are saved, even now after he was raised from the dead.

See the overlaps that imply eternity is there even now? It is merely a different age, divided not by time, but by the resurrection.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you say about heaven makes sense. The Kingdom of Heaven is within.

It is also understood from John 5:24 that when someone is saved they step from death into life.

Further Jesus promised in John 11:26 that whoever lives by believing in him will never die.

He told the thief on the cross, today you will be with me in paradise.

The body will be resurrected on the Lord's day. Didn't he say he is the resurrection when he raised Lazarus? He was the resurrection even before he was crucified. His resurrection is how we are saved, even now after he was raised from the dead.

See the overlaps that imply eternity is there even now? It is merely a different age, divided not by time, but by the resurrection.
Thanks, great comment!

Surely, the technical details of translating matters of time into the eternal matters of God is a difficult prospect. Nonetheless, it is the very thing that Christ has come to accomplish, which is the resurrection...and not only should we be looking forward to it, we should welcome the idea and the information. It is baffling to me that people for the most part do just the opposite, instead of seeing it as Peter did:

John 6:68
But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
looking forward to it by definition is a statement that you are not experiencing it right now, which there is no shame in admitting that i guess, but at least it should be recognized that that is what is really being said.

believing that tomorrow will somehow be magically better, particularly if you die tonight, is strictly imagination at best, and satanic at worst. the Thief in the night, completely misunderstood

imo