Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grasp everything just...my Heavenly Father keeps me posted and up to date very well....I am not the one who posts fake pics and fake information in order to smear someone's character.

You haven't answered - what jobs have you held?

Oh - I see - Your Heavenly Father talks ONLY TO YOU. I get it.

You don't smear Presidents character - you only smear others' character with whom you disagree.

You are so transparent. Your pride and foolishness is on display for all to see.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only point someone to look for the truth with their own eyes - it's like trying to explain spiritual rebirth to an unbeliever - they just can't see the truth. If you are spiritually reborn then you have access to God's wisdom and you can pray for enlightenment. But even as you pray you have to look for the truth. There are resources online.

It's not just these things - it's all the other things that Trump has done: continued the wars he said he'd stop. He's stocked the White House with CFR, and swamp creatures. WHY???? If you're HONEST you'll see that things just DON'T ADD UP. I read hundreds of resources before I developed these beliefs. No one can do your research for you - you have to use discernment and look for the truth yourself.
Maybe that is what burned-out her ability to reason for herself?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lack the ability to grasp things. I surmise that the jobs you've held were waitress or secretary - I don't think you ever developed any higher level thinking skills. I'm sorry that you have devolved into personal attacks. You are the one spreading lies - it is you who are deceived and you don't even know it.
Thats the problem..you surmise....
Try listening to the Holy Spirit....
4 active 2 inactive Army 98C Electronics Warfare Signal Intelligence Analyst
I intercept and decode enemy transmission
Triple Top Secret Clearance

Graduate RN...

Pipeline Safety Inspector

Retail manager/owner

Reactions: Willie T

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't answered - what jobs have you held?

Oh - I see - Your Heavenly Father talks ONLY TO YOU. I get it.

You don't smear Presidents character - you only smear others' character with whom you disagree.

You are so transparent. Your pride and foolishness is on display for all to see.
But you drew first blood...I counter attacked.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lack the ability to grasp things. I surmise that the jobs you've held were waitress or secretary - I don't think you ever developed any higher level thinking skills. I'm sorry that you have devolved into personal attacks. You are the one spreading lies - it is you who are deceived and you don't even know it.
I hope none of you are, or were, waitresses or secretaries, since this Conspiracy Theorist just, basically, said you are devoid of the ability to think at any but the most base level.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've met "Christians" who were so blind that they couldn't see. They achieved a measure of sight yet they were blind to their own ugly sin of PRIDE. We attended a church one time and I had an uneasy feeling there - there weren't obvious reasons - in fact everything seemed to be in place. The pastors taught from the Bible, the people all went out of their way to be friendly. But as I sat in that church there was an uneasiness within that I couldn't put my finger on.

Sometimes 'Christians' - if they truly are spiritually regenerated - can't 'see' their own sin although it's obvious to others. I saw then how blind other 'Christians' could be. They were so blind that they had an elder who they held up - who always wanted to give me a 'Christian' hug. I learned that my instincts were right when his wife shared that he had cheated but they got back together.

I learned a lot about 'Christians' in that church - and in others we were in. Christians like to hide their own sins. When one of my children went off to college I called a campus safety organization and he shared how colleges would hide the crime statistics so as not to deter (paying) students from attending. I naively said: "Oh I guess you don't have that problem with Christian colleges." His words hit me like an anvil: "Actually they're worse, because they don't want to admit there's a problem."

How many Christians do we know who don't want to admit there's a problem?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've met "Christians" who were so blind that they couldn't see. They achieved a measure of sight yet they were blind to their own ugly sin of PRIDE. We attended a church one time and I had an uneasy feeling there - there weren't obvious reasons - in fact everything seemed to be in place. The pastors taught from the Bible, the people all went out of their way to be friendly. But as I sat in that church there was an uneasiness within that I couldn't put my finger on.

Sometimes 'Christians' - if they truly are spiritually regenerated - can't 'see' their own sin although it's obvious to others. I saw then how blind other 'Christians' could be. They were so blind that they had an elder who they held up - who always wanted to give me a 'Christian' hug. I learned that my instincts were right when his wife shared that he had cheated but they got back together.

I learned a lot about 'Christians' in that church - and in others we were in. Christians like to hide their own sins. When one of my children went off to college I called a campus safety organization and he shared how colleges would hide the crime statistics so as not to deter (paying) students from attending. I naively said: "Oh I guess you don't have that problem with Christian colleges." His words hit me like an anvil: "Actually they're worse, because they don't want to admit there's a problem."

How many Christians do we know who don't want to admit there's a problem?
You know what keep your hate for Trump I will put you on ignore because I wont try to reason with a double minded person .

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are your words: No he didnt and since YouTube terminated the account that video is linked to I cant go to his channel and see what the comments were.
You are spreading lies....go away.

Now tell me again that I drew first blood.

You are not only deceived you are LYING.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what keep your hate for Trump I will put you on ignore because I wont try to reason with a double minded person .

YOU were the one who got MEAN. Just because you disagree with me - you can't seem to handle it when someone has a viewpoint that challenges your preconceived notions.

It's such a shame that PROFESSING CHRISTIANS can hurl insults and then run away and block someone when they challenge your statements. I encourage you to re-read your posts. You became MEAN. Not me.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a prime example of cognitive dissonance and denial. I don't like it when a discussion devolves into name calling and meanness. This professing Christian told me to "GO AWAY" because she claims that I was "SPREADING LIES." and then she lies and claims that I "drew first blood." when I did not. All because I challenged her preconceived notions - and I muddied her "king."

I have taken a lot of abuse for my views - so obviously I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. I just came to the point where I couldn't reconcile Trump being a Christian and helping Christians and what he was doing. He is NOT Making America Great Again. He is continuing everything his predecessors did. It's the Hegelian Dialectic.

I too was a vociferous defender of Trump and got out there swinging for him with the best of them. But then things didn't add up. He lied again and again and again. He continued everything the former presidents did. I had to remove the 'veil' from my mind and see that it was all show. My prayer is that this 'veil' will be removed from others' eyes.

Until Christians are willing to be brutally honest about themselves and their own sins and shortcomings then we'll continue to lack power. Judgement begins with he House of God.

The best I can do is pray that others will come to see the truth. We were led down a primrose path when we were forewarned that Satan appears as an angel of light. How many Catholics were fooled whose children were molested? I knew a Catholic whose son was molested - he was in such COGNITIVE DISSONANCE AND COULD NOT CONCEIVE THAT THE PRIESTS WHO HE HAD TRUSTED WOULD DO SOMETHING SO EVIL. HE WAS IN SUCH DENIAL THAT HE TOOK HIS SON BACK TO THE PRIESTS WHO MOLESTED HIM! HE TOLD THEM TO FIX HIS SON. For the Love of God - there are people who just don't want to SEE. These are highly intelligent individuals who know how to use psychology on the masses even as they move towards a depopulation agenda that is so sinister it's hard to conceive.

AM I BECOME YOUR ENEMY BECAUSE I TELL YOU THE TRUTH?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am interested in why you do not trust the media? Not saying you should or shouldn’t just curious.

Honestly it seems to me that it is very important to someone, somewhere for us to distrust the media - and it has been so long before Trump came along - even though he is quite fond of perpetuating the idea of fake news.

I know if I were trying to overthrow democracy in a country, I would attack the credibility of the free press, deregulate as many critical services as possible - electricity, healthcare, mail, travel, and all forms of communication, and I would end public schools.

It is not hard to distrust media and have reasons not to trust it. For one, when everyone has different views, news becomes bias. But also, when someone speaks out against something, you can start seeing what is fake and what is over exaggerated.

As far as the second part you said, I think the boundary is when these things start to be politisized and government controlled.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this Trump Hate, Trump Derangement Syndrome is genuine illness! I have never seen so many people willingly spread so much false rumors and lies out of pure hate.
Antifa going to the streets attacking and maiming people who are Trump supporters.

Makes me wonder if it will be safe to speak of who you vote for on anything in the future

This happened at a recent Trump rally I went to - about twenty people who had different opinions about Trump and gun ownership ended up talking together in the middle of the rally and protestors. There was actually a meeting of the minds.

Attachments

• 101874AD-4F19-4728-A1B7-EF40529A11D6.jpeg
    101874AD-4F19-4728-A1B7-EF40529A11D6.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happened at a recent Trump rally I went to - about twenty people who had different opinions about Trump and gun ownership ended up talking together in the middle of the rally and protestors. There was actually a meeting of the minds.
I remember the reporter who was talking about that. Amazing how discussing in a civil openness can bring unity.

Reactions: Mayflower and aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not hard to distrust media and have reasons not to trust it. For one, when everyone has different views, news becomes bias. But also, when someone speaks out against something, you can start seeing what is fake and what is over exaggerated.

As far as the second part you said, I think the boundary is when these things start to be politisized and government controlled.

Distrust is a consequence of the Fall. Jesus gave us the antidote, which is faith. Approaching life with a measure of faith allows us to learn new ideas and develop trust in the wheat after we discard the chaff.

Faith is the space between our reason and a new concept, whether it be God or something mundane. Kierkegaard (Christian and father of existentialism), talks about the need to take a leap of faith once we get to the end of reasoning. After we take this leap, we will discover if the concept is truth or a falsehood. I have found faith in Jesus Christ to be fruitful and Him to be trustworthy.

Faith, like every other concept Jesus taught to His disciples was already part of the human condition - it was in our wheelhouse, so to speak. If it was not, we would not be able to understand or make use of it. Yes, it is a gift from God, but it is more like He is redirecting our faith from self to Him, rather than giving us a brand new tool.

So, the process for determining truth appears to be; Reason + Leap of Faith + Revelation = outcome - determining truth from falsehood

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Distrust, cynicism, saber rattling, fatalism, negativity and attacking your neighbor under the guise of defending the truth are all easy - however, like Robert Frost reminds us, it is the road less traveled, the narrow path, which Christians are called to take.

We are called to love through every circumstance in this life.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a prime example of cognitive dissonance and denial. I don't like it when a discussion devolves into name calling and meanness. This professing Christian told me to "GO AWAY" because she claims that I was "SPREADING LIES." and then she lies and claims that I "drew first blood." when I did not. All because I challenged her preconceived notions - and I muddied her "king."

I have taken a lot of abuse for my views - so obviously I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. I just came to the point where I couldn't reconcile Trump being a Christian and helping Christians and what he was doing. He is NOT Making America Great Again. He is continuing everything his predecessors did. It's the Hegelian Dialectic.

I too was a vociferous defender of Trump and got out there swinging for him with the best of them. But then things didn't add up. He lied again and again and again. He continued everything the former presidents did. I had to remove the 'veil' from my mind and see that it was all show. My prayer is that this 'veil' will be removed from others' eyes.

Until Christians are willing to be brutally honest about themselves and their own sins and shortcomings then we'll continue to lack power. Judgement begins with he House of God.

The best I can do is pray that others will come to see the truth. We were led down a primrose path when we were forewarned that Satan appears as an angel of light. How many Catholics were fooled whose children were molested? I knew a Catholic whose son was molested - he was in such COGNITIVE DISSONANCE AND COULD NOT CONCEIVE THAT THE PRIESTS WHO HE HAD TRUSTED WOULD DO SOMETHING SO EVIL. HE WAS IN SUCH DENIAL THAT HE TOOK HIS SON BACK TO THE PRIESTS WHO MOLESTED HIM! HE TOLD THEM TO FIX HIS SON. For the Love of God - there are people who just don't want to SEE. These are highly intelligent individuals who know how to use psychology on the masses even as they move towards a depopulation agenda that is so sinister it's hard to conceive.

AM I BECOME YOUR ENEMY BECAUSE I TELL YOU THE TRUTH?
It hurts deeply when you are being attacked and accused and mocked and scorned, doesn't it? Especially when it comes from a Christian.
I know I didn't please the Holy Spirit in my attitude but it gets tiring seeing threads posted over and over and over again about Trump to mock and point out his flaws. And it isn't even that he as a person is being attacked but that it implies a rebellious spirit towards my Father and his infinite wisdom in putting the leaders He has chosen....for such a time as this. Can you not start a thread that invites everyone to enter into a prayer of agreement to pray for him? As scripture tells us?
I am very sorry for letting anger rise up to refute the pictures and claims you made in your post on brakelites thread but I was truly shocked it was you who did it. In my anger I couldn't read another thread without responding.
I humbly ask your forgiveness, and my Father's forgiveness and I vow to never engage in these type of threads again.

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Distrust, cynicism, saber rattling, fatalism, negativity and attacking your neighbor under the guise of defending the truth are all easy - however, like Robert Frost reminds us, it is the road less traveled, the narrow path, which Christians are called to take.

We are called to love through every circumstance in this life.
Agree

Reactions: Mayflower

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess, today, the first thing I look at is if it is likely they have had people killed. :eek:

Setting the bar way too low, I think. That hasn't been an issue since um... Andrew Jackson.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I didn't please the Holy Spirit in my attitude but it gets tiring seeing threads posted over and over and over again about Trump to mock and point out his flaws. And it isn't even that he as a person is being attacked but that it implies a rebellious spirit towards my Father and his infinite wisdom in putting the leaders He has chosen....for such a time as this.

That's not what a lot of holier-than-thou people were saying when Obama was president. God doesn't elect our leaders.