Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you aware that prophetic speakers spoke of Trump becoming president in 2007?

People who compare Trump to the Anti-Christ, are mistaken, IMO. He's venial, not evil. I don't think he intends to harm anyone, unless they've disagreed with him or criticized him somehow.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Distrust is a consequence of the Fall. Jesus gave us the antidote, which is faith. Approaching life with a measure of faith allows us to learn new ideas and develop trust in the wheat after we discard the chaff.

Faith is the space between our reason and a new concept, whether it be God or something mundane. Kierkegaard (Christian and father of existentialism), talks about the need to take a leap of faith once we get to the end of reasoning. After we take this leap, we will discover if the concept is truth or a falsehood. I have found faith in Jesus Christ to be fruitful and Him to be trustworthy.

Faith, like every other concept Jesus taught to His disciples was already part of the human condition - it was in our wheelhouse, so to speak. If it was not, we would not be able to understand or make use of it. Yes, it is a gift from God, but it is more like He is redirecting our faith from self to Him, rather than giving us a brand new tool.

So, the process for determining truth appears to be; Reason + Leap of Faith + Revelation = outcome - determining truth from falsehood

This is why I am still praying about what to do this next election. I want to somewhat see that love again between people, and I don't think it is coming back. It will get worse no matter who is elected next. The only thing left will be our own love and our own values from God's Word.

Quoted wrong thing. Sorry. But I liked what you said about faith aspen!!!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what a lot of holier-than-thou people were saying when Obama was president. God doesn't elect our leaders.
I am not responsible for what other people say. I prayed for Obama, Clinton, both Bush's, Reagan, Carter, Nixon and I was too young to know JFK and LBJ

Reactions: ScottA and Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to somewhat see that love again between people, and I don't think it is coming back.
You are quite correct. Ever since Mr. Trump ran for office, the primary attitude of all Democrats and Leftists has became HATE. They are still calling for his impeachment -- which is simply unbelievable. If you have not heard of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), be aware that it has taken hold of the entire Establishment (media, politicians, and the Deep State). And the reason for that is because Trump totally rejected their globalist, elitist, and Leftist ideas to destroy America.

TDS is an IRRATIONAL STATE OF MIND which demonizes Donald Trump no matter how excellent his achievements or policies might be. It also encourages violence against Trump supporters, and unacceptable attacks on political and social conservatives. We have forgotten how and why judge Antonin Scalia was murdered and Congressman Steve Scalise was shot. There is a very dangerous situation which now exists.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quite correct. Ever since Mr. Trump ran for office, the primary attitude of all Democrats and Leftists has became HATE. They are still calling for his impeachment -- which is simply unbelievable. If you have not heard of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), be aware that it has taken hold of the entire Establishment (media, politicians, and the Deep State). And the reason for that is because Trump totally rejected their globalist, elitist, and Leftist ideas to destroy America.

TDS is an IRRATIONAL STATE OF MIND which demonizes Donald Trump no matter how excellent his achievements or policies might be. It also encourages violence against Trump supporters, and unacceptable attacks on political and social conservatives. We have forgotten how and why judge Antonin Scalia was murdered and Congressman Steve Scalise was shot. There is a very dangerous situation which now exists.

You mean sort of like the hate the Republicans had for trump before he won the primary?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Distrust, cynicism, saber rattling, fatalism, negativity and attacking your neighbor under the guise of defending the truth are all easy - however, like Robert Frost reminds us, it is the road less traveled, the narrow path, which Christians are called to take.

We are called to love through every circumstance in this life.
While I would like nothing better...that's just not true.

The scripture say differently. I quoted some already, and there's more.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you "fact-check" pics??? Pictures don't lie. Trump is flashing MASONIC HAND GESTURES.
Nanu nanu. Righto! The internationally accepted sign for "Okay", is actually an evil plot to take over the world! Brilliant!

And if you do your research you will see there are actually pictures of hundreds of famous people and world leaders scratching their privates!

Pictures don't lie!

It's just horr-i-bib-le!

The sky is falling!!!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean sort of like the hate the Republicans had for trump before he won the primary?
Hardly. They were not calling for his assassination. But they did assassinate Scalia and almost killed Scalise. And Madonna wanted to blow up the White House. That is all Leftist hatred which has gone UNPUNISHED. This is legally called sedition and treason and Mr. Trump has not taken action against all of this (which he should have).

Anti-Trump Activists Call for President’s Assassination
Anti-Trump Activists Call for President's Assassination

More than 12,000 tweets have called for Trump's assassination since the inauguration
More than 12,000 tweets call for Trump's assassination | Daily Mail Online

15 Times Celebrities Envisioned Violence Against Trump and the GOP
15 Times Celebrities Envisioned Violence Against Trump and the GOP

Trump Haters Call for Presidential Assassination
"Never in my 53 years have I seen people so casually and cavalierly advocate the murder of the president of the United States. Trump haters are eager to make assassination great again. Such comments are not just muttered by demented vagrants as they relax on subway grates. Those who say such things too often are prominent, powerful people with platforms from which they publically spew their potentially lethal venom."
Trump Assassination Threats -- Investigate & Prosecute | National Review

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But neither is anyone else. It works exactly the same way for all of us. I pray for Trump. But it doesn't erase what he is, what even republicans have admitted that he is.
Sir I do not care to debate this anymore...Donald Trump is the president, period. You are coming in after a long debate and stirring up controversy.
Whatever judgment you have about him is none of my concern so I humbly ask you to leave me out of your desire to continue this subject.
Thank you and be blessed

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats the problem..you surmise....
Try listening to the Holy Spirit....
4 active 2 inactive Army 98C Electronics Warfare Signal Intelligence Analyst
I intercept and decode enemy transmission
Triple Top Secret Clearance

Graduate RN...

Pipeline Safety Inspector

Retail manager/owner

This conversation left me unsettled yesterday - I don't like when an issue devolves into personal attacks - especially among "Christians." The following quote is applicable here:

“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

I have gotten strong reactions from Christians who have put their faith in Trump - I get it - I used to be that way. But it's a dangerous place to be because Christians are like lambs being led to the slaughter. I researched Agenda 21 and communicated with others knowledgeable about it. It's a diabolical plan and dovetails with Revelations. If anyone looks into it they can see the earmarks of it going on all around them. The government website Deagal has the population of America being drastically reduced by the year 2025. That's not to far hence. Why would the government project such a drastically reduced population?

Until Christians stop putting all their faith in Trump and research these things then it will be our children and children's children who will be the ones hurt. Too many want to sit back, content that Trump has them covered when he doesn't.

I'm not wasting my time on people who refuse to grasp the possibility that they may be wrong. We attended a church where all the good little Christians followed the leadership like a Judas goat and the family that ran the church wound up in the nationwide news with a scandal. I believe that Trump is a Judas goat.

It is up to each person to look into this - just don't go into it with preconceived notions.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This woman needs to get back on her meds.
It is very sad, it's time the body of Christ turn back to the Word of God and stay far away from social media. There is every form of evil lurking out there.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This conversation left me unsettled yesterday - I don't like when an issue devolves into personal attacks - especially among "Christians." The following quote is applicable here:

“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

I have gotten strong reactions from Christians who have put their faith in Trump - I get it - I used to be that way. But it's a dangerous place to be because Christians are like lambs being led to the slaughter. I researched Agenda 21 and communicated with others knowledgeable about it. It's a diabolical plan and dovetails with Revelations. If anyone looks into it they can see the earmarks of it going on all around them. The government website Deagal has the population of America being drastically reduced by the year 2025. That's not to far hence. Why would the government project such a drastically reduced population?

Until Christians stop putting all their faith in Trump and research these things then it will be our children and children's children who will be the ones hurt. Too many want to sit back, content that Trump has them covered when he doesn't.

I'm not wasting my time on people who refuse to grasp the possibility that they may be wrong. We attended a church where all the good little Christians followed the leadership like a Judas goat and the family that ran the church wound up in the nationwide news with a scandal. I believe that Trump is a Judas goat.

It is up to each person to look into this - just don't go into it with preconceived notions.
I took this whole matter before the alter of God and repented for engaging in debating the character of another person, striving with others and allowing myself to be provoked to anger.
I have apologized for my part, I humbly asked your forgiveness and I vowed to never engage in one of these threads again.

Reactions: Mayflower

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took this whole matter before the alter of God and repented for engaging in debating the character of another person, striving with others and allowing myself to be provoked to anger.
I have apologized for my part, I humbly asked your forgiveness and I vowed to never engage in one of these threads again.

That's very mature - I also apologize for engaging in it - it really makes me feel good that Christians handle a matter this way. I think heaven smiles.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nanu nanu. Righto! The internationally accepted sign for "Okay", is actually an evil plot to take over the world! Brilliant!

And if you do your research you will see there are actually pictures of hundreds of famous people and world leaders scratching their privates!

Pictures don't lie!

It's just horr-i-bib-le!

The sky is falling!!!

This conversation is not profitable. How many people throughout history have been vilified for seeing things before others? People used to think the world was flat, that people couldn't fly, and that germs weren't the cause of disease even as the naysayers poo-poohed it. From Feminism To Submarines: 5 People With Ideas Way Ahead Of Their Time

― Friedrich Nietzsche

It's up to each person to do their own research.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I honestly cannot say, because I did not pay attention to politics. I really voted President Trump from the issues. When I saw the tears and everything on the news when President Trump was elected, I was a bit confused. But yes. The hate is on both sides. Hate has no bias. It is super sad.