Charismatic Bible Studies #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jehovah is a attribute of God . Names in the bible speak of characteristics. The unbeleiving Jews turned it into something sacred or secret. . .as if any of the attributes of God were not sacred as set apart for a certain purpose. Jehovah the mighty one that has become our salavtion . Prior to that devilerance from Egypt . El Shaddai the Lord Almighty

Exodus the first time he was caled a savior of the perople

Exodus 6:2-4 King James Version (KJV)
And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation
@Gary Urban did you not read where it said this wasn't a debate thread.
NOTE TO RESPONDENTS: This is not a debate thread, other than regarding Charismatic issues. Thanks.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really appreciate your answer sir, you have put some thought into this, and I commend you for that. I also see how you could apply that through reasoning to being the name of the holy spirit.

I will have to say that I have to disagree, in that I believe that Eliezer was simply Moses' son and that the God of his Father (which was what Eliezer said) was his helper was referring to Jehovah, Moses' God.

But I definitely commend you for your research and thought about the subject.
Okay, don’t forget Abrahams servant of old. The unnamed servant over all his house. You know the one that qualifies Rebecca by the well. I believe it was Rebecca (bride of Issac)?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time I put the tape on something would happen,the door knocks, the phone rang ect ect. So I just ignored the interruptions and listened to the session, I realised I agreed with everything the session was teaching.

Yep. That's usually a sign the enemy is trying to keep something from you. I used to get that from the enemy quite a lot. At this stage in my walk I don't think he even attempts it anymore. No use, because he knows I will plow through it all to get to whatever God is showing me anyway.

Reactions: LILAC

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know I'm new here, but I think something happened this morning that might tie into this thread. I was awoke with an urgency to read John 10:25. Jesus answered them, I told ye and you believed not; the works that I do in My Father's name bear witness of Me.

I'm all ears for clarification! :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I'm new here, but I think something happened this morning that might tie into this thread. I was awoke with an urgency to read John 10:25. Jesus answered them, I told ye and you believed not; the works that I do in My Father's name bear witness of Me.

I could clarify it on two levels : )

As regards the general meaning, He is saying that the works the Holy Spirit does through Him confirm that He is indeed the Christ, and from God, and speaks the truth. So whether they believe Him or not, the works of the Holy Spirit are bearing witness to the truth anyway. This may be a word from the Lord, however, in which case it is saying something on another level as well.

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I could clarify it on two levels : )

As regards the general meaning, He is saying that the works the Holy Spirit does through Him confirm that He is indeed the Christ, and from God, and speaks the truth. So whether they believe Him or not, the works of the Holy Spirit are bearing witness to the truth anyway. This may be a word from the Lord, however, in which case it is saying something on another level as well.
Yes, and the fact that Jesus was talking to the non-believing Jews at that time in scripture. Interesting.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah is a attribute of God . Names in the bible speak of characteristics. The unbeleiving Jews turned it into something sacred or secret. . .as if any of the attributes of God were not sacred as set apart for a certain purpose. Jehovah the mighty one that has become our salavtion . Prior to that devilerance from Egypt . El Shaddai the Lord Almighty

Exodus the first time he was caled a savior of the perople

Exodus 6:2-4 King James Version (KJV)
And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation

The name of the Holy Spirit is Holy Spirit if it is teaching then its called Christ the anointing teacher master .If it comforting its called the comforter etc..

Hi Gary, you misunderstand the meaning of what Exodus is saying. Jehovah's name was well known among them, but the significance of that name was not. Gods name first appears in the Bible at Genesis 2:4. He has but one name sir, and that name occurs 6973 times in Scripture. Where a lot of the problem arises over God's name is the sad fact that many translators decided to replace it with Adonai.

El is more accurately translated God, and you are very correct Shaddai is Almighty in English

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, don’t forget Abrahams servant of old. The unnamed servant over all his house. You know the one that qualifies Rebecca by the well. I believe it was Rebecca (bride of Issac)?

You are correct sir, Rebecca was the one chosen to be Isaac's wife. Interesting that you mentioned that account, as we believe it very likely that the one sent is actually Eliezer was the one sent to search for his wife. Nice talking with you.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Gary, you misunderstand the meaning of what Exodus is saying. Jehovah's name was well known among them, but the significance of that name was not. Gods name first appears in the Bible at Genesis 2:4. He has but one name sir, and that name occurs 6973 times in Scripture. Where a lot of the problem arises over God's name is the sad fact that many translators decided to replace it with Adonai.

El is more accurately translated God, and you are very correct Shaddai is Almighty in English

Hi thanks I would also offer.

The name El Shaddai Almighty God was known to Abraham but not Jehovah “the Almighty God who also has become the savior of a whole nation”. It was not known by a whole nation. The four hundred years the work of gathering of that nation Jehovah has not been used until the end of the four hundred years .

Jehovah is another of the words like Jesus or Joshua the attribute has to do with our savior God.

In that way there is not one name in the Bible that God did not inspire to be used as part of our spiritual blessing a help in that nation that was watching . . . learning how to walk by faith, his understanding that can work in us. It led them out of thier suffering .

I am no scholar but it sure seems words are losing their meaning not subject to change more and more today. Makes me wonder what were of the effects of the Tower of Babble?

Like the word transgender where did that come from? Today the word translender is developing as in ; “I’m not overweight or to thin. I am translender” . Where there is no law there is no trespass.

In the beginning was the Word that describes Good. .

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I suggest just reading it to receive from God, and as certain as the passage came to mind, I think that's how certain God's intent will establish itself for you.

I believe God knows how to speak to us in the ways we understand, so that if something seems unconnected at the moment, maybe it was a thought out of our own minds, or maybe there is a timing to God revealing to you His message. Or maybe a "thought for the day", something to carry with you today to help you understand your life.

Just keep those ears open, the one who seeks WILL find.

Much love!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I saw a couple interesting things when you first came on Lilac. I am just waiting to see what God is doing. :) Just thinking it means God is going to use you, here. Bless you, sister!

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I saw a couple interesting things when you first came on Lilac. I am just waiting to see what God is doing. :) Just thinking it means God is going to use you, here. Bless you, sister!
Could you explain how you think that might mean? Feel free to PM me if you wish. :)

Reactions: Mayflower