CHICKEN DROPS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Regarding the Chick-Fil-A debacle:

I could have given this thread a different title, but what with this being a Christian site and all....well you pretty much get it anyway.

It's a debacle, meaning a great disaster, when men of good conscience and citizenship are not permitted to make a public statement regarding their faith....

It's a debacle when men of good character do not deny another man's rights in any way yet are subject to attempts to deprive them of their own....

It's a debacle when God's word and those who love It are subject to generalized hatred and scoffing...

America has lost its dearest possession - the liberty of a man to speak out and utter a statement of faith and opinion.

Once upon a time I donned a uniform and swore an oath to preserve protect and defend the constitution, yes and the people of America too even if I disagreed with what they speak. I risked my health and lost a bit of it, though not nearly as much as those who gave their all. Clearly the high standard of liberty no longer carries the weight of respect and honor in the United States. I honestly do not believe I'd enlist again. I agree with the late Gore Vidal who once said, "I do not think that the American System in its present state of decadence is worth preserving."

I confess that I've made a terrible mistake. In all the news reports, books, magazines and video documentaries I've inhaled, the main theme has been that Washington DC has robbed us of our liberty. I don't quite believe that any more. After talking personally with incumbents and candidates for political office and reading about stuff like the Chicken sandwich debacle I've come to the realization that the new American repression isn't limited to the geographic area of the District of Columbia. It pervades the state legislatures, county commissioners, city fathers and even the local home owners association.

Liberty is dead and gone brothers, buried in a landslide of entitlement chicken drops. God help us all.

Is it just me, or does the rest of this community have similar perceptions of the present state of our proud new chicken society?

Do you have different perceptions?

Am I just freaked out by only one isolated incident?

What say you?

it's me again, hollering from the choir loft.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Regarding the Chick-Fil-A debacle:

I could have given this thread a different title, but what with this being a Christian site and all....well you pretty much get it anyway.

It's a debacle, meaning a great disaster, when men of good conscience and citizenship are not permitted to make a public statement regarding their faith....

It's a debacle when men of good character do not deny another man's rights in any way yet are subject to attempts to deprive them of their own....

It's a debacle when God's word and those who love It are subject to generalized hatred and scoffing...

America has lost its dearest possession - the liberty of a man to speak out and utter a statement of faith and opinion.

Once upon a time I donned a uniform and swore an oath to preserve protect and defend the constitution, yes and the people of America too even if I disagreed with what they speak. I risked my health and lost a bit of it, though not nearly as much as those who gave their all. Clearly the high standard of liberty no longer carries the weight of respect and honor in the United States. I honestly do not believe I'd enlist again. I agree with the late Gore Vidal who once said, "I do not think that the American System in its present state of decadence is worth preserving."

I confess that I've made a terrible mistake. In all the news reports, books, magazines and video documentaries I've inhaled, the main theme has been that Washington DC has robbed us of our liberty. I don't quite believe that any more. After talking personally with incumbents and candidates for political office and reading about stuff like the Chicken sandwich debacle I've come to the realization that the new American repression isn't limited to the geographic area of the District of Columbia. It pervades the state legislatures, county commissioners, city fathers and even the local home owners association.

Liberty is dead and gone brothers, buried in a landslide of entitlement chicken drops. God help us all.

Is it just me, or does the rest of this community have similar perceptions of the present state of our proud new chicken society?

Do you have different perceptions?

Am I just freaked out by only one isolated incident?

What say you?

it's me again, hollering from the choir loft.

Good thing we have Life and Liberty in Christ Jesus then, isn't it! :)
Nothing of this world has been of interest to any Christians for 2000 years or so. We aren't citizens of this world but are citizens of the Eternal Kingdom of God where none of these problems exist :)
Thank you Jesus!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could careless what the owner of Chick-a-fil believes - it was Huckabee that made this into a wedge issue. I didn't ask to be included in this garbage - I was invited on my Facebook page.

This has nothing to do with free speech - the Republican Party decided to make this nonissue into another reason to divide America.

BTW - free speech is protected from legal prosecution, not boycotts.

Spiritforce

Apr 15, 2012
I could careless what the owner of Chick-a-fil believes - it was Huckabee that made this into a wedge issue. I didn't ask to be included in this garbage - I was invited on my Facebook page.

This has nothing to do with free speech - the Republican Party decided to make this nonissue into another reason to divide America.

Nonsense. It was Rahm Emanuel and the liberal left who couldn't stand a man expressing his religious beliefs. They had to try their gestapo tactics to silence the Word of God."

As Rabbi Spero once said, "[background=rgb(237, 239, 244)]America’s liberals have co-opted the moral language. We are to tolerate all lifestyles, except that of the traditional family. Tolerate every “religion,” except Evangelical Christianity. Tolerate every culture, except that of the unique Ame[/background][font=lucida grande'][background=rgb(237, 239, 244)]rican civilization. We must be sensitive to the needs of those following Haitian witchcraft, Ramadan and Kwanzaa, but do our best to prohibit nativity scenes and crosses. Sensitivity to every group, not however to white, Christian evangelicals – and their wives."[/background][/font]

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh brother........

I was not contacted by a liberal - I was contacted by Mike Huckabee.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Good thing we have Life and Liberty in Christ Jesus then, isn't it! :)
Nothing of this world has been of interest to any Christians for 2000 years or so. We aren't citizens of this world but are citizens of the Eternal Kingdom of God where none of these problems exist :)
Thank you Jesus!

Great post, Whitestone. You got it !! There are NO problems in the Kingdom of God and there is no fear in the perfect love of God.

"In Him we live and move and have our being."

Everything in this world rolls off our back like water off of a duck as we walk in His peace.

We walk by faith and not by sight. God is always, always in control.

Axehead

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

BTW - free speech is protected from legal prosecution, not boycotts.

Wasn't Huckabee that started it all. It was those on the 'gay' agenda that were listening to a CHRISTIAN BROADCAST of Chick-Fil-A's CEO proclaim his belief in God's Word against the sin of homosexuality. And he did not comdemn any of them by expressing his right of being against the sin of homosexuality. It's those gay supporters who complained and got the media machine riled up. Huckabee only provided means for a 'response' after the fact.

Since Chick-Fil-A's owners have received so much... support for their right to freedom of speech against the gay agenda, shown by an overload of customers coming to enjoy their business, that shows beyond all doubt that the United States of America is still a freedom loving nation and many, many of its people definitely are against... the gay agenda pushed by a 'minority' in America.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have the right to boycott business with unpopular views. Christians do the same thing.

I never asked Huckabee to involve me, but he did.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
People have the right to boycott business with unpopular views. Christians do the same thing.

I never asked Huckabee to involve me, but he did.

Huckabee didn't involve you. You made your own choice based on who you have listened to. Next time, just dump any messages sent to you that you don't want. That's what everyone else does.

Someone had a good idea for Chick-Fil-A in response to the various city leaders which went against the right to freedom of speech of what one believes. Chick-Fil-A should build a store at each four corners just outside those cities and draw commerce out away from them. Based on the numbers that flocked to Chick-Fil-A stores around the country the other day, that would draw a lot of commerce from those cities.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
It is simply the godless liberals , the godless media , the godless queers who are sensationalizing this whole thing. That is why all the publicity. We should expect such things from "the world"

Anyone else notice how the media never mentioned how Wednesday Chick-fil-A broke sales records .... and instead are promoting a kiss-in of queers.

Jul 6, 2011
Wednesday Chick-fil-A broke sales records

YES!!!! Go Chick-fil-A

aspen2,
This has nothing to do with free speech
The earth is falt despite the photgraphic evidence. LOL
This has everything to do with free speech. If some of the people proposing to penalise Chick-fil-A had proposed the same against a company promoting same sex as marriage they would have been removed from office by now,
Some of these people dont want to uphold even their own rules.