Chit Chat Fun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t even read half of the posts here ....working my way through them.
Midnight and can’t sleep!

Did you know that most ( many) of the above quoted are political not so much evil. Most of them English and about the king and the court.

They were considered as the ‘news paper ‘,. The peasants couldnt speak openly , so the messages were passed in rhyme or song by the traveling minstrel.

I know that “ sing a song of sixpence “ was about certain edicts that the king was signing etc

Humpty Dumpty was probably a king , not sure which.

“The grand old Duke of York “ ...speaks for itself ..he marched his army to the north of England when he was needed in the south!

Looking into the history of them is fun. ...Especially being a Brit.
But I’ve forgotten more than I remember ....
Wow I didn't know that...so it was code talk and later was put into a book for children?

Reactions: Mayflower

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, ‘ ring around the roses ‘ was about the plague !
I believe that many of the children’s stories were also originally written for adults and had a very dark side. like Red riding hood ........found that out when I did a ‘childhood in context ‘ course with the open university.
They later adapted them for children.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I just spent about an hour looking for it...can't find it.

But it involved a garden, a woman, a haunted house (including the mask from Scream), deep deep darkness, a sinister voice, a horde of flying she demons, a huge flock (murder) of crows, a blizzard, and the awning of another house (not the haunted)...

...I know...right...

Yeh..... That sounds like a doozy.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t even read half of the posts here ....working my way through them.
Midnight and can’t sleep!

Did you know that most ( many) of the above quoted are political not so much evil. Most of them English and about the king and the court.

They were considered as the ‘news paper ‘,. The peasants couldnt speak openly , so the messages were passed in rhyme or song by the traveling minstrel.

I know that “ sing a song of sixpence “ was about certain edicts that the king was signing etc

Humpty Dumpty was probably a king , not sure which.

“The grand old Duke of York “ ...speaks for itself ..he marched his army to the north of England when he was needed in the south!

Looking into the history of them is fun. ...Especially being a Brit.
But I’ve forgotten more than I remember ....

I do believe this. It was their history. I think it can have effect on the kids too. I also know I can't shelter my kids/preschoolers from everything they see/hear, so if I can give them a positive message to better renew their minds, I'll try.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, ‘ ring around the roses ‘ was about the plague !
I believe that many of the children’s stories were also originally written for adults and had a very dark side. like Red riding hood ........found that out when I did a ‘childhood in context ‘ course with the open university.
They later adapted them for children.

Happy Birthday Barbara. :)

Reactions: Rita

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching Frozen. Such a good movie...

I am definitely a princess anna personality. LOL
Had a weird dream that I was sitting around using regular thread to a little pink fabric and sort of embroidering a flower into it and was thinking May + flower. And remembering it is almost May. Lol

Pretty sure that's just my dream I think.

@Tone From a scientific approach, if the dream isn't prophetic or otherwise, "regular" dreams are like a filing cabinet system taking in all of the stuff that you had experienced or learned, thought about, etc and sorts them out to store whatever is important - and tossing the rest.

Also sometimes dreams work as a defense mechanism where the brain "rehearses" situations so that you can react appropriately should that situation arise. Sometimes they're from God and sometimes if you're not careful they can be occultic or sent from something else.

Your dream sounds like it might be "filing". But I don't think it is much to worry about.

Reactions: Tone and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a weird dream that I was sitting around using regular thread to a little pink fabric and sort of embroidering a flower into it and was thinking May + flower. And remembering it is almost May. Lol

Pretty sure that's just my dream I think.

@Tone From a scientific approach, if the dream isn't prophetic or otherwise, "regular" dreams are like a filing cabinet system taking in all of the stuff that you had experienced or learned, thought about, etc and sorts them out to store whatever is important - and tossing the rest.

Also sometimes dreams work as a defense mechanism where the brain "rehearses" situations so that you can react appropriately should that situation arise. Sometimes they're from God and sometimes if you're not careful they can be occultic or sent from something else.

Your dream sounds like it might be "filing". But I don't think it is much to worry about.

It is a bit encouraging to me working at the preschool. One of the billboards says, "April showers bring may flowers." Of course my name is after the ship, not the flower. But I like flowers too. But for some reason, all my life, if I struggle, it is in April. April has always been horrible emotion wise.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a bit encouraging to me working at the preschool. One of the billboards says, "April showers bring may flowers." Of course my name is after the ship, not the flower. But I like flowers too. But for some reason, all my life, if I struggle, it is in April. April has always been horrible emotion wise.
That's really interesting, why the ship?

That just means May will be the best though. Revelation and victory in Jesus name. :)

Haha yes!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's really interesting, why the ship?

Haha yes!

The Mayflower is the ship the pilgrims took to escape England to discover the new world. They were escaping religious persecution and seeking a place to serve and worship God. I love how they set out boldly with no fear and God protected them on their journey.

shore-760x760.png

126ed5597a983dedf8ae9c785d870a75.jpg

Reactions: Tone and DuckieLady

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what the dresses represent in your dreams...I have noticed clothes normally represent spiritual garments. Like garments of praise/the Holy Spirit. And art...like prophetic words/dreams/interpretations...

I really don't know what to think about things right now though. What to keep and throw out. Still praying about things.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Worried about"?

I loved it...it was one of the best and most vivid dreams I've ever had.

When the darkness grew deeper and deeper and the chilling voice began to speak, I was like let's go and I walked into it, and then I decided that I was done with the haunted house and I ascended out from it, which is when a horde of banshees broke through like a rift in the sky, and I still had no fear, because I just knew everything would be alright. This is when a huge huge murder of crows came flying at the she-demon things and ate them up...I could actually see the flesh hanging from the crows' beaks!

Then, a LOTR scale blizzard broke out and let me tell you...I hate the cold (I'm a south Cali boy), so I came down (I guess I was flying) a bit from the heights and I was headed to the eaves of a large house for some cover. I know that it was not the same house as the haunted house.

Oh yeah, the dream started in a garden and there was a woman and for some reason I felt like I had an appointment, so I remember walking over some grassy hills and into that haunted mansion. The thing is, is when I was in there and the dream could've turned out to be one of those really scary ones, I felt that I wasn't totally alone...I believe there was some dialogue... could've been the lady from the garden...maybe she followed me?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Worried about"?

I loved it...it was one of the best and most vivid dreams I've ever had.

When the darkness grew deeper and deeper and the chilling voice began to speak, I was like let's go and I walked into it, and then I decided that I was done with the haunted house and I ascended out from it, which is when a horde of banshees broke through like a rift in the sky, and I still had no fear, because I just knew everything would be alright. This is when a huge huge murder of crows came flying at the she-demon things and ate them up...I could actually see the flesh hanging from the crows' beaks!

Then, a LOTR scale blizzard broke out and let me tell you...I hate the cold (I'm a south Cali boy), so I came down (I guess I was flying) a bit from the heights and I was headed to the eaves of a large house for some cover. I know that it was not the same house as the haunted house.

Oh yeah, the dream started in a garden and there was a woman and for some reason I felt like I had an appointment, so I remember walking over some grassy hills and into that haunted mansion. The thing is, is when I was in there and the dream could've turned out to be one of those really scary ones, I felt that I wasn't totally alone...I believe there was some dialogue... could've been the lady from the garden...maybe she followed me?

The lady follow you out to the other house? Or was she eaten up?

Reactions: Tone

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mayflower is the ship the pilgrims took to escape England to discover the new world. They were escaping religious persecution and seeking a place to serve and worship God. I love how they set out boldly with no fear and God protected them on their journey.

shore-760x760.png

View attachment 14404
Reminds of something said from time to time. "You can still make it to shore on broken pieces..."

Beautiful story! Well-chosen name, too! Very thought out!

Mine was more "how can I seem as undramatic as possible." Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds of something said from time to time. "You can still make it to shore on broken pieces..."

Beautiful story! Well-chosen name, too! Very thought out!

Mine was more "how can I seem as undramatic as possible." Lol!

As I told someone on here, more of a sparrow than a duck deep down, but

Longwinded Song for Zula lyrics that I can't paste but the line "I will not open myself up this way again"

(That's this one)

Do you prefer ducky or fluff? Your real name is pretty, though I know it is a safety thing not to use that

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She came and swallowed up the wicked flesh...!