Chit Chat Fun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response, I was busy last night when this thread was started and I was tagged. I'll be here now though on and off.

Reactions: Tone and Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I knew all the old nursery rhymes as a child and passed them on to my children and nobody got traumatised. As a little one I used to have a record with songs like, 'Hush, Hush, Hush Here comes the Bogeyman' and 'What have you got for dinner Mrs Bond' with the line 'Dilly, Dilly Come and be Killed'. I think it's good for children to have a little scariness in their lives and we can be to soft with them.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In context it sounds like you were escaping something dark.

Not saying that this is part of the dream but if you were delivered from something you have to be sure to not go back to it.

Matthew 12:43-45

"When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, seeking rest but finding none. Then it says, 'I will return to the person I came from.' So it returns and finds its former home empty, swept, and in order. Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there."

So in the scripture, the house is empty and swept in order because it is not lived in- the person does not have Christ residing in them, but if you have Christ living in you then you are protected by the Holy Spirit and they cannot enter.

Hey I'm in service right now and this is from the notes:

V. PRINCIPLE #4: CLEANING UP OUR LIFE WITHOUT FILLING UP OUR HEART CAN BE DANGEROUS (Luke 11:24-28)
Sign in to add your private notes…
Luke 11:24-28 TLV
24 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places looking for rest. Not finding any, it says, ‘I will return to my house where I came from.’ 25 And when it comes, it finds the house swept and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and settle there. And that man’s last condition becomes worse than the first.” 27 Then as Yeshua was saying these things, a certain woman in the crowd, raising her voice, said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that carried You and the breasts that nursed You!” 28 But He said, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Yeah... confirmation!

Reactions: DuckieLady

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something else just said:

Miracles don't produce faith...faith produces miracles.

The accusations of the Pharisees also came up, when they saw His miracles they very wickedly, ascribed them to the other side...very bad move.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew all the old nursery rhymes as a child and passed them on to my children and nobody got traumatised. As a little one I used to have a record with songs like, 'Hush, Hush, Hush Here comes the Bogeyman' and 'What have you got for dinner Mrs Bond' with the line 'Dilly, Dilly Come and be Killed'. I think it's good for children to have a little scariness in their lives and we can be to soft with them.
I will say even Louisa May Alcott stories all involved quite a bit of death. There was also a time where you were hopefully fortunate enough to live a good life long enough to marry your second cousin and have an eighth child before he died at the age of 40 from some grave illness.

The expected life span was much shorter and children were not at all sheltered from the concept of death. Perhaps as medicine progressed and our lifespan increased we see it as less of a reality compared to what they did and maybe it is harder on children if they are given the illusion of immortality, until reality hits.

But we don't die! We simply move on. O death, where is your sting?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey I'm in service right now and this is from the notes:

V. PRINCIPLE #4: CLEANING UP OUR LIFE WITHOUT FILLING UP OUR HEART CAN BE DANGEROUS (Luke 11:24-28)
Sign in to add your private notes…
Luke 11:24-28 TLV
24 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places looking for rest. Not finding any, it says, ‘I will return to my house where I came from.’ 25 And when it comes, it finds the house swept and put in order. 26 Then it goes and takes along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and settle there. And that man’s last condition becomes worse than the first.” 27 Then as Yeshua was saying these things, a certain woman in the crowd, raising her voice, said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that carried You and the breasts that nursed You!” 28 But He said, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Yeah... confirmation!

Whoo! Well there you go then! Let God speak the word.

Seems like God is a little clearer to me lately, nothing in myself, all in Him, but certain it has to do with His grace and love.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never taught my children to fear...the Bible reiterates over and over again Do Not Fear...
I am careful as to what I speak over myself, my children and others because the enemy loves to take our negative words and manifest them or enhance our mind with more thoughts of fear. Death and Life are in the power of the tongue...
Example: Get down from there before you fall and break a bone!....this is speaking a negative consequence that Satan can utilize...
Example: You better stay out of there or the boogeyman will get you....
This causes fear of something evil waiting in the dark to get you...(my mom said that alot and my brother wouldn't sleep without a light on.)

This is my humble opinion and I stand by it based on what His Word says... Do Not Fear.

Reactions: Pearl

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never gave any thought as to why he is an egg.
Not did I, even as a child. He was pictured in a nursery rhyme book as a dressed egg and that for me was always the way it was.

I think it was last year I happened on a show about myths, legends, nursery rhyme characters history. And that was when the host brought up Humpty in the rhyme never bring identified as an egg.

The things we take for granted, huh?
:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not did I, even as a child. He was pictured in a nursery rhyme book as a dressed egg and that for me was always the way it was.

I think it was last year I happened on a show about myths, legends, nursery rhyme characters history. And that was when the host brought up Humpty in the rhyme never bring identified as an egg.

The things we take for granted, huh?
:)
Wow! Satan is very subtle in how he implants our brains with these hidden poisons....causing our subconscious to be filled with antichrist propaganda!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you have one of these as a kid?

8d5c3525e7d7f6e112e52bc3bfd0e159.jpg

I did
It was terrifying

I'm not sure if I had one when I was little or not but it looks familiar. I had the cassette tapes though and saw a VHS tape once before. :D

Beans are actually very nourishing.

Beans, beans the musical fruit,.. the more you eat the more you toot. And the more you toot the better you feel so have some beans with every meal!! :D (Sorry, you were asking for it lol :p)

Pffft... finally...

Well sorry but I have a life too. XD