Christ’s 1000 year reign

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Parallels" is convoluted personal opinion. Not even talking about the same people. How is a single battle a recap of 7 vials? None of the vials are poured out during the battle of Armageddon. The vials happen in the 3 days leading up to Armageddon.

Not even the same geographical location. You claim Revelation 20 is all spiritual in spiritual land, wherever that is.
In Revelation 11:15-18 it indicates that the sounding of the seventh trumpet signals that it's the time for the dead to be judged. We can see that the dead are judged in Revelation 20:11-15 which happens AFTER the thousand years and Satan's little season. So, if there weren't parallels in the book of Revelation then there would be no way to make any sense of that.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not false. Amillennialism teaches that time will literally stop despite promises in the bible of time everlasting.
You think time as we know it will continue forever? How can that be when the sun will not last forever? There cannot be time as we know it without the sun. Time is determined by the earth's position in relation to the sun.

Revelation 22:5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think time as we know it will continue forever? How can that be when the sun will not last forever?

Scripture says the sun will last forever.

There cannot be time as we know it without the sun. Time is determined by the earth's position in relation to the sun.

Time can be calculated in other ways, such as a new fruit every month.

Revelation 22:5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

You don't understand this verse else you wouldn't have posted it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 11:15-18 it indicates that the sounding of the seventh trumpet signals that it's the time for the dead to be judged. We can see that the dead are judged in Revelation 20:11-15 which happens AFTER the thousand years and Satan's little season.

You fail to understand that the dead in Christ are judged first, at the 7th trump second coming. The judgment of the unsaved dead happens more than a thousand years later.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not false. Amillennialism teaches that time will literally stop despite promises in the bible of time everlasting.
Revelation 10:6KJV
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the Scripture that details Revelation is a series of parallels? That is as much nonsense as any one's private opinion.
Remind me again of what your explanation is for how the dead are said to be judged at the seventh trumpet (Rev 11:15-18) and after the thousand years (Rev 20:11-15), but somehow Rev 11:15-18 and Rev 20:11-15 are not parallel? And explain how all Christ's enemies are described as being destroyed in both Rev 19:11-21 and Rev 20:9 without those passages being parallels?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fail to understand that the dead in Christ are judged first, at the 7th trump second coming. The judgment of the unsaved dead happens more than a thousand years later.
You fail to see in Revelation 11:18 that the dead being judged/condemned are contrasted with God's people being rewarded. It's really amazing to me how you fail to see related scripture. Only doctrinal bias can explain this. Nothing else. It's the same reason you can't see that 1 Thess 5:2-3 and 2 Peter 3:10-12 speak of the same event even though they obviously do. Also, passages like Matthew 13:47-50 and Matthew 25:31-46 makes it very clear that all people, saved and lost, will be judged at the same time.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says the sun will last forever.
Where? You should know better than to just tell me something without backing it up. You know I'm not going to take that seriously. To back up my view I provided a verse showing the sun not existing anymore because God will provide the light in eternity. You provided...nothing.

You don't understand this verse else you wouldn't have posted it.
Great argument there. Nice job of backing up your claim.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you ask nicely I'll think about it.

To back up my view I provided a verse showing the sun not existing anymore

You posted no such thing. You really show a lack of studying, not knowing the sun exists forever and posting something that doesn't show the sun not existing.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fail to see in Revelation 11:18 that the dead being judged/condemned are contrasted with God's people being rewarded.

More lack of studying since you apparently don't know the "dead in Christ" are judged as well as those who are alive and remain at the second coming.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ask nicely I'll think about it.
Do you think you talk nicely on this forum? If so, should I give you some examples where that is not the case? It won't be hard. I talk to you the way you talk to anyone who dares disagree with anything you believe. Maybe you should try to be nicer if you don't like being talked to the way you talk to others.

And this is a nice coverup you came up with to buy yourself more time to try to find something in scripture to back up your claim. Very clever.

You posted no such thing. You really show a lack of studying, not knowing the sun exists forever and posting something that doesn't show the sun not existing.
Why are you making this claim without showing any scripture to back it up? Do you really think I'm just going to take your word for it? You know better than that.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More lack of studying since you apparently don't know the "dead in Christ" are judged as well as those who are alive and remain at the second coming.
This is all you can do. Lack of studying, blah blah blah. You're clearly unable to make any arguments using scripture to back up your claims so you have decided to just make your claims without even trying to give supporting scripture, which is a waste of your time.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all you can do. Lack of studying, blah blah blah. You're clearly unable to make any arguments using scripture to back up your claims so you have decided to just make your claims without even trying to give supporting scripture, which is a waste of your time.

At least I prove what I am saying rather than just rambling in complaint after complaint. Amills in general do have a lack of studying. The dead and living in Christ are judged when He returns, yet you blindly assume the dead being judged at the second coming is not the dead in Christ despite Revelation 20 stating that some of the dead are raised and judged before the Millennium and "the rest of the dead" are raised and judged after it.

Amillennialism ignores "the rest of the dead" and inserts all the dead.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, does scripture itself support the idea that scripture can be understood with "simple reading comprehension"?

1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him— 10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

What you call "simple reading comprehension" is what Paul calls flawed "human wisdom". If all we needed was "simple reading comprehension" to understand scripture then why did Paul indicated that we need spiritual discernment from the Holy Spirit to understand it?
If you could not read, where would you be? Reading is not flawed human wisdom. Flawed human wisdom is man's imagination.

Way to go calling the Word of God flawed human wisdom.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 11:15-18 it indicates that the sounding of the seventh trumpet signals that it's the time for the dead to be judged. We can see that the dead are judged in Revelation 20:11-15 which happens AFTER the thousand years and Satan's little season. So, if there weren't parallels in the book of Revelation then there would be no way to make any sense of that.
The dead in verse 18 are the lost. Not even those whom you claim are all burned up. The dead are those still alive with the mark of the beast. They will always be dead, because that is what the mark does. But only if Satan's 42 months are even given to Satan. The week of the 7th Trumpet is Daniel 9:27. If this week is interrupted and the FP and Satan are allowed to set up the AoD, then some of those dead, can escape death by getting their head chopped off. This is when total desolation and abomination are over the whole earth, and Satan and the FP take over the Temple and throne of Jesus in Jerusalem. This is the total desecration of the Holy Place mentioned in Mark and Matthew in the OD. For 42 months until the battle of Armageddon these dead have their judgment postponed. Death then physically happens as their judgment at Armageddon. Then 1,000 years later they appear at the GWT.

Time is supposed to be up at the 7th Trumpet, unless Daniel 9:27 happens. That is when all those people about to be beheaded need to run and find someone to cut their heads off. Hanging around Jerusalem will get you the mark of the beast.

Of course that sounds strange. This is the time of abomination and desolation. Not peace and faith. No Holy Spirit to whisper about God's gift of salvation in people's hearts and minds. Satan is 100% in control. He would rather you starve to death or get the mark, instead of having your head cut off and accept God's gift of eternal life. Of course this sounds strange to Amil. That all happened back in 70AD, according to them. There is no Second Coming that allows for some to be beheaded during a time of utter abomination and desolation. At the Second Coming all existence is burned into annihilation. There is nothing left but souls.

Most every one here has the wrong timing of the Second Coming. It happens at the 6th Seal. Jesus, the angels, and the 144k are on earth for the final harvest during the Trumpets and Thunders. The 7th Trumpet is the week long celebration that brings the final harvest to a close. That is why no one gets Matthew 13 and Matthew 24 and 25 correct.

Most mistake Satan's 42 months as a tribulation. It is not. It is a total AoD. The final harvest is the time of Jacob's trouble. Jesus is on earth during this final harvest separating the sheep from the goats. Then during the 7 Thunders separating the wheat from the tares. Only the dead are left. The redeemed, sheep and wheat have been sent to the Millennium, via the sea of glass.

The goats and tares tossed into the LOF. Only the diehards are left, literally, the dead. Most will be Satan's followers. If there is even 1 who will have their head chopped off, then Satan gets 42 months so that one person can cut off their head and be resurrected at the start of the Millennium. That is Jesus the Prince confirming the Atonement Covenant with the many, to see who is dead and who will be beheaded. If no one is to be beheaded, then the winepress of The Lamb's wrath is the judgment of the dead. The 7th Trumpet then ends with Revelation 14. Revelation 13, 15 -19 will never happen. Armageddon will never happen.

Yep, Revelation 20 will still happen. Satan will be bound, and the Millennium will still happen, because Jesus was on earth at the 6th Seal and has never left. Jesus will continue to reign on His glorious throne in Jerusalem. The one set up in Matthew 25:31. After cleansing the earth with fire and the tribulation judgments seen during the Trumpets and Thunders, the final harvest, the earth will be restored along with a new heaven when the angels return to new assignments as stars again. For 1,000 years the earth will exist with the promises found in Daniel 9:24 literally, not just figuratively.

Remind me again of what your explanation is for how the dead are said to be judged at the seventh trumpet (Rev 11:15-18) and after the thousand years (Rev 20:11-15), but somehow Rev 11:15-18 and Rev 20:11-15 are not parallel? And explain how all Christ's enemies are described as being destroyed in both Rev 19:11-21 and Rev 20:9 without those passages being parallels?

Just did.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the 1000 year reign, where Jesus reigns with a rod of iron, will his rule be Old Testament decrees? Like death by stoning etc.?
I tend to believe this is symbolic. The 1000 years represents a long period in each of our lifetimes.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe this is symbolic. The 1000 years represents a long period in each of our lifetimes.

The thousand years doesn't even begin until after the dead saints are resurrected. They died because the AC had them killed for not taking the mark etc. None of that has happened yet. How is that a long period in our lifetimes? Our lifetimes are not that long, and certain not as long as Amillennialism makes it into.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thousand years doesn't even begin until after the dead saints are resurrected. They died because the AC had them killed for not taking the mark etc. None of that has happened yet. How is that a long period in our lifetimes? Our lifetimes are not that long, and certain not as long as Amillennialism makes it into.
Maybe so, but I've seen things in Revelation that seem to come true in a symbolic way.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could not read, where would you be? Reading is not flawed human wisdom. Flawed human wisdom is man's imagination.

Way to go calling the Word of God flawed human wisdom.
That is clearly not what I was doing. You have nothing to offer besides false accusations. Goodbye. It's not worth my time talking to someone who can do nothing but make false accusations.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I prove what I am saying rather than just rambling in complaint after complaint.
You actually prove nothing. You try, but fail every time. I back up my views with scripture and you know it.

Amills in general do have a lack of studying.
Another lie from you. That's all you can do is lie about Amills.

The dead and living in Christ are judged when He returns,
Read Matthew 13:47-50. You think that is only referring to those who are in Christ? Read Matthew 25:31-46. Do you think the goats refer to those who are in Christ? Speaking of a lack of studying. You draw conclusions from Revelation 20 without even taking scriptures like these into account.

yet you blindly assume the dead being judged at the second coming is not the dead in Christ despite Revelation 20 stating that some of the dead are raised and judged before the Millennium and "the rest of the dead" are raised and judged after it.

Amillennialism ignores "the rest of the dead" and inserts all the dead.
Blindly assume? That's ridiculous. Matthew 13:36-43 and Matthew 13:47-50 shows people besides just those who are in Christ being judged at the end of the age which is when Christ returns (Matt 24:3) and Matthew 25:31-46 shows people being judged at His second coming and the goats clearly do not refer to those who are in Christ. So, keep trying to say that only those who are in Christ will be judged at His coming, but scripture definitely does not support that false teaching.