Christ`s Seat of Power and Authority.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

We know from God`s word that the Godhead, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are all equal, in unity and of the same mind. However in function there is a hierarchy.

At the source there is provision by the whole Godhead, then the Father initiates, the Son administers and the Holy Spirit is the direct agency.

Thus we see that it is the Father`s desire for His Son to administer rulership over all God`s great kingdom. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

Now we know that when Jesus ascended He went to the Father`s right hand on His throne.

`...far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come, and put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

The Godhead however is unseen, and dwells in unapproachable light. (1 Tim. 6: 16) Yet the Father desires that His Son will rule VISIBLY in His glorified exalted body.

The Father however has asked the Son to wait on the Father`s throne until He (the Father) has brought the Son`s enemies to His footstool, meaning for judgment. (Ps. 110: 1) (The Father has given the Son authority to execute judgment. John 5: 27)

Thus in the Father`s timing and appointment the Lord Jesus will be established upon His own throne, visible for angels and glorified man to see and worship.

`...a throne set in heaven...` (Rev. 4: 2)

`(Father) I have set my King on my holy hill of Mount Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

From there the judgments will begin - `And from the throne proceeded lighnings, thundering and voices.` (Rev. 4: 5)

`The LORD (Father) shall send the rod of your (Son`s) strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

We know from God`s word that the Godhead, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) are all equal, in unity and of the same mind. However in function there is a hierarchy.

At the source there is provision by the whole Godhead, then the Father initiates, the Son administers and the Holy Spirit is the direct agency.

Thus we see that it is the Father`s desire for His Son to administer rulership over all God`s great kingdom. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

Now we know that when Jesus ascended He went to the Father`s right hand on His throne.

`...far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come, and put all things under His feet...` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22)

The Godhead however is unseen, and dwells in unapproachable light. (1 Tim. 6: 16) Yet the Father desires that His Son will rule VISIBLY in His glorified exalted body.

The Father however has asked the Son to wait on the Father`s throne until He (the Father) has brought the Son`s enemies to His footstool, meaning for judgment. (Ps. 110: 1) (The Father has given the Son authority to execute judgment. John 5: 27)

Thus in the Father`s timing and appointment the Lord Jesus will be established upon His own throne, visible for angels and glorified man to see and worship.

From there the judgments will begin - `And from the throne proceeded lighnings, thundering and voices.` (Rev. 4: 5)

`The LORD (Father) shall send the rod of your (Son`s) strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

What are your thoughts?
@Marilyn C It's is indeed from the exalted position of glory that He even now intercedes for those who trust Him: :)

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8.34).

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Marilyn C It's is indeed from the exalted position of glory that He even now intercedes for those who trust Him: :)

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8.34).

Hi farouk,

Yes from the Father`s right hand Jesus, our great High priest ever lives to intercede for us. That would be a great thread in itself.

In this discussion I am specifically addressing the Lord ruling in the midst of His enemies and bring the judgments upon them from the Lord`s OWN THRONE.

Have you anything concerning that?

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

What are your thoughts?

I'm under the impression Christ will reign in the promised land after he returns.
The Israelis who were killed for thier witness of Jesus, and who didn't worship the beast or its image, and didn't recieve its mark will reign with Christ.
I guess I would say he is king of Israel.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi farouk,

Yes from the Father`s right hand Jesus, our great High priest ever lives to intercede for us. That would be a great thread in itself.

In this discussion I am specifically addressing the Lord ruling in the midst of His enemies and bring the judgments upon them from the Lord`s OWN THRONE.

Have you anything concerning that?
@Marilyn C :

"Jesus shall reign where'er the sun
does its successive journeys run,
his kingdom stretch from shore to shore,
till moons shall wax and wane no more.

2 To him shall endless prayer be made,
and praises throng to crown his head.
His name like sweet perfume shall rise
with every morning sacrifice.

3 People and realms of every tongue
dwell on his love with sweetest song,
and infant voices shall proclaim
their early blessings on his name.

4 Blessings abound where'er he reigns:
the prisoners leap to lose their chains,
the weary find eternal rest,
and all who suffer want are blest.

5 Let every creature rise and bring
the highest honors to our King,
angels descend with songs again,
and earth repeat the loud Amen."

Reactions: Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm under the impression Christ will reign in the promised land after he returns.
The Israelis who were killed for thier witness of Jesus, and who didn't worship the beast or its image, and didn't recieve its mark will reign with Christ.
I guess I would say he is king of Israel.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Hi shilohsfoal,

Yes the Lord is King of Israel He is -

King of Glory. (Ps. 24: 7)

King of heaven. (Dan. 4: 37)

King of the Ages. (1 Tim. 1: 17)

King of Righteousness. (Heb. 7: 1 – 3)

King of the Jews. (Matt. 2: 2)

King of Israel. (John 1 : 49)

King Priest. (Heb. 6: 20)

King of the Nations. (Rev. 15: 3)

And finally King of Kings..... (Rev. 19: 16)

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 24 Elders.

`Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes and they had crowns on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

So who are these 24 Elders?

The new song they sing gives us their identity.

`You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation and have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign over the earth.` (Rev. 5: 9 & 10)

We note that `every tribe and tongue and people and nation` is more than 24. Thus we realise that these 24 Elders are representative of the overcomers, the Body of Christ.

Other details are important also.

Around the throne & on thrones - only for the Body of Christ. (Rev. 3: 21)

Kings and priests - only for the Body of Christ. (Rev. 1: 6)

White robes - washed in the blood of the lamb.(Rev. 5: 9)

Crowns of gold - promised (James 1: 12, 1 Thess. 2: 19, 1 Peter 5: 2 - 4, 1 Cor. 9: 24 - 27, 2 Tim. 4: 8)

Thus we see that the Lord the Royal (king) High Priest has His other royal (king) priests with Him. What a glorious celebration that will be, seeing the investiture of the Lord Jesus Christ in His glorified body, exalted visibly for angels and the overcomers.

Note all this precedes the tribulation which is when the Lord and His Body will judge the world system and fallen angels.

`Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?....Do you not know that we shall judge angels?` ( 1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)

Any thoughts?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are your thoughts?
We know from scripture that the Father is the greatest yet the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all parts of our God:

John 14:28

“Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.”

John 10:29

“My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.”

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We know from scripture that the Father is the greatest yet the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all parts of our God:

John 14:28

“Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.”

John 10:29

“My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.”

Hi devin,

The Godhead are all equal, in unity and of the one mind, however in function there is a hierarchy.

Divine Procession.

Godhead - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: dev553344