Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you VIJ,

No, Christ was not defeated at the crucifixion. :)

That does not change the FACT that a majority of people in this world are not following his teachings. That FACT is un-deniable and has NOTHING to do with Jesus not being defeated 2,000 years ago when he was crucified.

Mary

What is His teachings?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You call that proof?
Hi Dodgeball.

I should not have assumed that you knew your own Christian history. Yes, I call a letter (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, Chapter 8) from a student of the Apostle John proof that the Church is The Catholic Church. In another letter (letter to the Romans) he affirms the authority of the Roman Church. Another Apostolic Father who was before Ignatius, Clement of Rome, affirms the authority of the Roman Church also. Ignatius teaching on the Real Presence, of which he learned from an Apostle (John), mirrors the teachings of the Catholic Church to this day; 2,000 years later.

Soooooooo dodgeball, are you going to answer my question? The Catholic Church has been following the teachings of the Apostles, the Apostolic Fathers and the ECF's for 2,000 years. Has your church been doing that? If so, where is your evidence?

Historical Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're overlooking the point: ONLY Catholics think the Catholic Church is that church.
If someone said to your "Well, the Baptist Church says that you're wrong about XYZ, so you must be wrong", would you acknowledge that?
NO!!! You would completely blow them off because you don't see the Baptist Church as having squat for authority. It's a completely counter-productive arguement.
Likewise every single nonCatholic see the Catholic Church as having squat authority and every time you use that argument you are only being counter productive to your cause.
Nope, didn't overlook your point. I probably didn't make myself clear. I agree with you....Catholics think the Catholic Church is that church!!!

You dodged my questions:

Which Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth? Which Church has the authority to call someone's teaching heretical or to tell you to treat someone as a heathen man and a publican? Do you have a Church with authority that you recognize?

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dodgeball.

I should not have assumed that you knew your own Christian history. Yes, I call a letter (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, Chapter 8) from a student of the Apostle John proof that the Church is The Catholic Church. In another letter (letter to the Romans) he affirms the authority of the Roman Church. Another Apostolic Father who was before Ignatius, Clement of Rome, affirms the authority of the Roman Church also. Ignatius teaching on the Real Presence, of which he learned from an Apostle (John), mirrors the teachings of the Catholic Church to this day; 2,000 years later.

Soooooooo dodgeball, are you going to answer my question? The Catholic Church has been following the teachings of the Apostles, the Apostolic Fathers and the ECF's for 2,000 years. Has your church been doing that? If so, where is your evidence?

Historical Mary

I probably know the history better than you. All you're quoting is and accepted catholic history, be it fact or fiction.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You dodged my questions:

Which Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth? Which Church has the authority to call someone's teaching heretical or to tell you to treat someone as a heathen man and a publican? Do you have a Church with authority that you recognize?
no, she already answered those miss mog, you just can't hear. Maybe she will answer them again, like so many others have, but it won't matter then either, will it.

"You dodged my questions" is a lie, and amounts to what I call
"I'm rubber you're glue," a popular Protestant pastime as well, very evident on this forum. I would ban you for this fwiw, or at least a time out, it is the height of duplicity. You have no interest in truth whatsoever, and would rather die than be perceived as being wrong.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I probably know the history better than you. All you're quoting is and accepted catholic history, be it fact or fiction.
LOL....thank you.

You have NOTHING to back up what you believe or say? I feel sorry for you. :(

To be steeped in history is to cease to be Protestant.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, she already answered those miss mog, you just can't hear. Maybe she will answer them again, like so many others have, but it won't matter then either, will it.

"You dodged my questions" is a lie, and amounts to what I call
"I'm rubber you're glue," a popular Protestant pastime as well, very evident on this forum. I would ban you for this fwiw, or at least a time out, it is the height of duplicity. You have no interest in truth whatsoever, and would rather die than be perceived as being wrong.
Hi Creepy Trolling guy.

You would ban me?????? Wow.....I thought Christians were supposed to be loving and caring and accepting of all people? You sure are not acting like a Christian. I wonder why that is????

I do have interest in the truth mrhealth. Please give it to me. Which subject would you like to start with? :rolleyes:

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather you totally ignored it I guess huh, so that your pov would remain preeminent, just like most any Roman Centurion would do lol. Bc you must prevail, right, you have to be
Tha Winna
lol.
Hi Creepy Trolling guy.

Yes, the Truth must prevail.

Isn't that what you believe also???

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we all know what Fascism really means? Is?
a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi Creepy Trolling guy.

You would ban me?????? Wow.....I thought Christians were supposed to be loving and caring and accepting of all people? You sure are not acting like a Christian. I wonder why that is????

I do have interest in the truth mrhealth. Please give it to me. Which subject would you like to start with? :rolleyes:

Mary
What are demons, and how to get rid of them?

you can be a fly or a bee, miss mog, even as a Roman I guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
and where do you copy/paste from, miss mog?