Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please answer my question. Can a person be saved via a false Christ and false Gospel?
Man's understanding of Christ is NOT what saves a person.
Rather, a person is saved by their faith/love in Christ.

A person can indeed be saved by Christ without having a detailed/accurate understanding of Christ. And this happens regularly-- a child does not have depth of knowledge of Christ, but can indeed be saved. Likewise every person whom is a babe in Christ (regardless of what age the calendar says they are).

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man's understanding

Still waiting for you to answer my question. Sentimentalism and ones love for Christ is not what saves.

You're incorrect there. And I ask, again, which Christ?

CHRIST saves, and the person is aware of who He is in truth Biblically speaking.

"I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” John 8:24. Lot's of "theology" right there, and it readily dismantles your sentimental gospel.

Answer my question as a common courtesy: Can a person be saved via a false Christ or false Gospel? This is my last request for you to be forthcoming and answer truthfully without being evasive.

The Biblical answer is, no, one cannot be saved via a false gospel and false Christ.

Reactions: tzcho2

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for you to answer my question.
I gave it:
Man's understanding of Christ is NOT what saves a person.
Rather, a person is saved by their faith/love in Christ.

A person can indeed be saved by Christ without having a detailed/accurate understanding of Christ. And this happens regularly-- a child does not have depth of knowledge of Christ, but can indeed be saved. Likewise every person whom is a babe in Christ (regardless of what age the calendar says they are).

ones love for Christ is not what saves..
Did you REALLY just say that?

D

Dave L

Hello there, @Dave L.

That is not a 'doctrine' it is a fact.

Greater knowledge should not alter the basic knowledge that we are brothers and sisters in Christ, and prevent us from loving one another.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
True doctrines are fact. Otherwise you cannot know the truth about anything.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave it:

That's a non answer, you've never answered it, and I really don't care, I know your gospel and Christ are both false. I am well versed in Mormonism.

Of course, I said that, because nothing we've done saves us, yet you offered enough evidence to show you have and hold to a false gospel.

We are not saved via our love for Christ, but by his love for his people.

Additionally, what I see is you skipped right on over me showing; 1) Biblical truth as in John 8:24 which dismantles your sentimentalism; and especially; 2) That it is CHRIST alone who saves, not us, not "our love" not anything else.

That last one tells me all I need to know.

The fact remains the gospel of Roman Catholicism and Mormonism is abjectly false. You've proven this by your propensity for having saved yourself via your love for "Christ" and preaching this false message to others. You were totally shocked I disagreed with your false gospel because having been exposed by Biblical Christianity.

Reactions: tzcho2

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a non answer, you've never answered it, and I really don't care, I know your gospel and Christ are both false. I am well versed in Mormonism.

Of course, I said that, because nothing we've done saves us, yet you offered enough evidence to show you have and hold to a false gospel.

Additionally, what I see is you skipped right on over me showing; 1) Biblical truth as in John 8:24 which dismantles your sentimentalism; and especially; 2) That it is CHRIST alone who saves, not us, not "our love" not anything else.

That last one tells me all I need to know.

The fact remains the gospel of Roman Catholicism and Mormonism is abjectly false. You've proven this by your propensity for having saved yourself via your love for "Christ" and preaching this false message to others. You were totally shocked I disagreed with your false gospel because having been exposed by Biblical Christianity.
*sigh*
Do you care to be accurate as to what I actually believe? Not the junk you've been told, but things I actually believe.

I would really have liked to keep this conversation general, talking about salvation & how it's Christ that saves, but since you want to make it a personal angle, guess we got to go that route.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please answer my question. Can a person be saved via a false Christ and false Gospel?

A ton of contradictions here.

First, you believe everybody is already saved or damned long ago and their free will does not exist in playing a role. Are you no longer a calvinist?

So why do you care what someone believes?

No, one cannot be saved believing in the mormon Christ and gospel.

• If you are expecting Jane to answer truthfully you're wasting your time.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A ton of contradictions here.

First, you believe everybody is already saved or damned long ago and their free will does not exist in playing a role. Are you no longer a calvinist?

Straw man. Everyone is saved in time, here on earth. The Father chose who would be saved in eternity, and he is saving those he predestined and elected to be "in Christ." Note Ephesians 1.

So why do you care what someone believes?

Because of Christ in me, and me in Him.

No, one cannot be saved believing in the mormon Christ and gospel.

• If you are expecting Jane to answer truthfully you're wasting your time.

Of course one cannot be saved via the Mormon false gospel and Christ. That's a given.

Why would I expect her to expose herself? I'm fully aware that she won't answer, she's deceived and won't and/or cannot face the truth.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is speaking of a so called theology test --- but scripture is clear that false teachings & a false gospel doesn't lead to heaven.
Exactly, but that is their go-to answer. It bypasses truth, as if believing whatever one wants to believe is OK, as long as it's, um, "Christ" and that is exactly in essence what that stance is teaching -- it doesn't matter as long as you are sincere. That, and loving "Christ" saves you...

Unreal, but here we are; 2 Timothy 4:1-4.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, but that is their go-to answer. It bypasses truth, as if believing whatever one wants to believe is OK, as long as it's, um, "Christ" and that is exactly in essence what that stance is teaching -- it doesn't matter as long as you are sincere. That, and loving "Christ" saves you...

Unreal, but here we are; 2 Timothy 4:1-4.

Coming from a calvinist who does not believe in free will at all.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I expect her to expose herself? I'm fully aware that she won't answer, she's deceived and won't and/or cannot face the truth.
Again:
Do you care to be accurate as to what I actually believe? Not the junk you've been told, but things I actually believe.
I would really have liked to keep this conversation general, talking about salvation & how it's Christ that saves, but since you want to make it a personal angle, guess we got to go that route.

If you want to talk and get the facts straight (which does involve listening), I'm game.
If you want to just blindly assuming I am "deceived" because of all the false junk you've been told, that's your choice.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again:

Simple question. Do you believe what mormonism teaches here?

Scriptures | LDS.org

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming from a calvinist who does not believe in free will at all.
That's right, I don't believe in the false gospel of free will.

Therefore, I don't believe choosing saves, I believe Jesus saves.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Catholics are Christians, Baptists are Christians, LDS are Christians, Orthodox are Christians, etc. These are simply specifications under the larger Christian umbrella, like you can specify dalmatian or labrador or husky, or just be generic with "dog".

Yes, different Christian groups disagree on a long list of things, but the core is having Christ as our Savior. Let us acknowledge this foundation and get along, even as we disagree on other things.

What you should have said is there are some christian in all churches. just because one is in church doesnt make them christian, just as the sea has many fish but they are not all Trout.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is speaking of a so called theology test --- but scripture is clear that false teachings & a false gospel doesn't lead to heaven.
If a person insists (for example) "you must ratify the Athanasian Creed to be saved" that is making salvation a matter of man's ability to pass a theology test. And I see a LOT of people do this.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave it:

That is a very vague statement saying someone is saved by their "love" for Christ. Please explain what exactly you mean by " love" for Christ?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a very vague statement saying someone is saved by their "love" for Christ. Please explain what exactly you mean by " love" for Christ?
Faith in God, accepting Christ as your Lord & Savior, and devotion to Him.

It doesn't mean you're never going to stumble (cause you will), or that you know every theological point (cause you don't). But love, faith, acceptence, and devotion to Him-- the same way a child devotes themselves to a loving parent.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person insists (for example) "you must ratify the Athanasian Creed to be saved" that is making salvation a matter of man's ability to pass a theology test. And I see a LOT of people do this.
How be we just stick with what is taught & written in the scripture concerning salvation. :)

Last edited: