Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is serious, it is a matter of life or death - eternally because no False religion leads to salvation. Mormonism is a false teaching poising as Christian & that is utter nonsense , it presents a False Christ, and a False gospel just as the Lord Jesus warned followers to not be deceived by.

From Mormon website:
There teaching about Adam and Eve.
"Because Adam and Eve chose to follow God the Father, we are all able to come to earth, as they did, to receive a body, learn and grow, and become more like God and Jesus Christ, so that , we can return to live with Them again someday."

This is serious spiritual deception. That one little sentence describing Adam and Eve contains 5 blatant Lies. The deceived deceiver Joseph Smith, lead by demonic inspiration is what the Bible warns is a false teacher. Joseph Smith began his own false cult trying to ride upon the teachings of Christianity. Smith blasphemes & corrupts the Christian teachings by adding to the Bible scripture , by subtracting from the Bible scripture, and he presents a False Christ, substitutes a false gospel & false salvation which leads people away from the True Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I think you're getting the wrong picture here. If you want clarification, I'm happy to provide.
But I cannot quit following Christ.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're getting the wrong picture here. If you want clarification, I'm happy to provide.
But I cannot quit following Christ.
Oh please, no wrong picture, guess what , the teachings of Mormonism is readily available, I don't need you to "clarify" anything. I first came in contact with it many yrs ago.
The Mormon "Christ" is not the Biblical Jesus, it's a "Jesus" made from a false image that Joseph Smith concocted & taught. You have been spiritually deceived and the attempts to candy-coat , white-wash or camouflage this false cult of Mormonism just doesn't work, we all can read it for ourselves.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is serious, it is a matter of life or death - eternally because no False religion leads to salvation. Mormonism is a false teaching poising as Christian & that is utter nonsense , it presents a False Christ, and a False gospel just as the Lord Jesus warned followers to not be deceived by.
From Mormon website:
There teaching about Adam and Eve.
"Because Adam and Eve chose to follow God the Father, we are all able to come to earth, as they did, to receive a body, learn and grow, and become more like God and Jesus Christ, so that , we can return to live with Them again someday."

This is serious spiritual deception. That one little sentence describing Adam and Eve contains 5 blatant Lies. The deceived deceiver Joseph Smith, lead by demonic inspiration is what the Bible warns is a false teacher. Joseph Smith began his own false cult trying to ride upon the teachings of Christianity. Smith blasphemes & corrupts the Christian teachings by adding to the Bible scripture , by subtracting from the Bible scripture, and he presents a False Christ, substitutes a false gospel & false salvation which leads people away from the True Gospel of Jesus Christ and Salvation. This means his false teaching is leading people to hell.
[FONT=verdana,Arial,sans-serif]

Is your own walk with God so flawless as that?
What you have said here with regard to the Mormons could effectively be said with regard to every religious organized group claiming to be Christian. Anyone who follows God ONLY according the precisely literal black and white rules of his own favored sect or denomination or church group will certainly miss God. And I, while over the many years of serving God have been connected with several of these various groups, have never been a Mormon.

Give God alone the glory!

Who is we need to condemn?

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Should we presume to act on God's behalf as we knew every detail of the hearts of every man based of his apparent affiliations and/or connections? If we don't how can we with less than God's complete knowledge and understanding and compassion and mercy so condemn anyone? If they are wrong according to God are they not already condemned?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/FONT]

Is your own walk with God so flawless as that?
What you have said here with regard to the Mormons could effectively be said with regard to every religious organized group claiming to be Christian. Anyone who follows God ONLY according the precisely literal black and white rules of his own favored sect or denomination or church group will certainly miss God. And I, while over the many years of serving God have been connected with several of these various groups, have never been a Mormon.

Give God alone the glory!

Who is we need to condemn?

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Should we presume to act on God's behalf as we knew every detail of the hearts of every man based of his apparent affiliations and/or connections? If we don't how can we with less than God's complete knowledge and understanding and compassion and mercy so condemn anyone? If they are wrong according to God are they not already condemned?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:1-2
Seriously , you it's either one of two things either you're a Mormon or you know absolutely Nothing about this CULT. It is bizarre that anyone would believe what Joseph Smith wrote period let alone that it has Anything to do with Christianity.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously , you it's either one of two things either you're a Mormon or you know absolutely Nothing about this CULT. It is bizarre that anyone would believe what Joseph Smith wrote period let alone that it has Anything to do with Christianity.
You have totally ignored what I posted. When a door is opened by a person then walk through it. Do not force the door open as if you had such authority. God has never worked in such a manner. He does not use strong arm tactics nor does He ever force feed anyone. Are you working to be like Him?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Reactions: Jane_Doe22
B

brakelite

And again, I have never met a Christian who was "sola Biblia".
Can you explain what you mean by 'sola biblia'? If I described myself as 'sola biblia', what would you expect to see in me? You obviously don't consider yourself as such, so what is there in the Bible that justifies using any other source as an authority for our faith and doctrine that provides specific information that cannot be found in scripture, but is essential in your opinion, for Christian faith and practice?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh please, no wrong picture, guess what , the teachings of Mormonism is readily available, I don't need you to "clarify" anything. I first came in contact with it many yrs ago.
The Mormon "Christ" is not the Biblical Jesus, it's a "Jesus" made from a false image that Joseph Smith concocted & taught. You have been spiritually deceived and the attempts to candy-coat , white-wash or camouflage this false cult of Mormonism just doesn't work, we all can read it for ourselves.
There's a difference in quality of information. Most "anti cult" resources range from inaccurate to fictitious. I was just offering to help explain things. You're not interested, which is totally cool.

Have a nice night, and may God ever be with you. :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain what you mean by 'sola biblia'? If I described myself as 'sola biblia', what would you expect to see in me? You obviously don't consider yourself as such, so what is there in the Bible that justifies using any other source as an authority for our faith and doctrine that provides specific information that cannot be found in scripture, but is essential in your opinion, for Christian faith and practice?
I have never met a Christian whose was beliefs are truly 100% from the Bible and no where else. There's always another teacher, another perspective, Creeds, history, traditions, etc. Plus the added relationship that person has with God directly. Scripture is not something which just fell out of nowhere, like a letter that fell out of a UFO which then just flew away.

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference in quality of information. Most "anti cult" resources range from inaccurate to fictitious. I was just offering to help explain things. You're not interested, which is totally cool.
Have a nice night, and may God ever be with you. :)

Tragically the fact is some of the Most Lost and spiritually deceived people can be quite friendly & say " Bless You" & post happy faces and blow kisses all day long but that does not save their souls from the penalty for their sins & neither does following false teachings no matter what they be. One can only surmise that Joseph Smith was visited by deceiving spirits/ demonic spirits , not the LORD God or Jesus Christ of the Bible ,nor any angel, and Smith taught these false teachings & some spiritually deceived people have believed him because they have turned to fairy-tales just as it says in 2 Tim 4:3.
One day all false religions like Mormonism etc... will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.
Mormonism has nothing to do with the Savior, Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God who is revealed only in the Holy scriptures of the Bible. When someone has a relationship with the True Jesus of the Bible, the Holy Spirit exposes deception /spiritual blindness & leads the person away from the false teachings or cults such as Mormonism.

I pray that God frees you from the spiritual self-deception & shows you that Mormonism is from the devil & was a lie to cause anyone he could to not find the true Jesus & eternal salvation.
2Tim 4:3 " 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3 For The TIME Will Come When Men (& Women) Will Not Tolerate Sound Doctrine, But With Itching Ears They Will Gather Around Themselves Teachers To suit Their Own Desires . 4 So They Will Turn Their Ears Away From the Truth and Turn Aside To MYTHS.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tragically the fact is some of the Most Lost and spiritually deceived people can be quite friendly & say " Bless You" & post happy faces and blow kisses all day long but that does not save their souls from the penalty for their sins & neither does following false teachings no matter what they be. One can only surmise that Joseph Smith was visited by deceiving spirits/ demonic spirits , not the LORD God or Jesus Christ of the Bible ,nor any angel, and Smith taught these false teachings & some spiritually deceived people have believed him because they have turned to fairy-tales just as it says in 2 Tim 4:3.
One day all false religions like Mormonism etc... will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.
Mormonism has nothing to do with the Savior, Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God who is revealed only in the Holy scriptures of the Bible. When someone has a relationship with the True Jesus of the Bible, the Holy Spirit exposes deception /spiritual blindness & leads the person away from the false teachings or cults such as Mormonism.

I pray that God frees you from the spiritual self-deception & shows you that Mormonism is from the devil & was a lie to cause anyone he could to not find the true Jesus & eternal salvation.
2Tim 4:3 " 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3 For The TIME Will Come When Men (& Women) Will Not Tolerate Sound Doctrine, But With Itching Ears They Will Gather Around Themselves Teachers To suit Their Own Desires . 4 So They Will Turn Their Ears Away From the Truth and Turn Aside To MYTHS.
See you in Heaven, walking along our Savior, Jesus Christ.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have totally ignored what I posted. When a door is opened by a person then walk through it. Do not force the door open as if you had such authority. God has never worked in such a manner. He does not use strong arm tactics nor does He ever force feed anyone. Are you working to be like Him?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2
Do you have any idea what Mormonism teaches?
Do you know what the Bible says about False teachers, False Prophets?
Do you know what the Bible says about any who add or subtract from the scripture or to those who present a false gospel?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never met a Christian whose was beliefs are truly 100% from the Bible and no where else. There's always another teacher, another perspective, Creeds, history, traditions, etc. Plus the added relationship that person has with God directly. Scripture is not something which just fell out of nowhere, like a letter that fell out of a UFO which then just flew away.

More subtle support for the Book of Mormon, etc.

Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you in Heaven, walking along our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Not if you cling to the beliefs of a False cult Jane. Mormonism twists scripture and promotes LIES. Sorry you are deceived. Do yourself a favor , don't try to mislead anyone else.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I have addressed this exact same misconception many times.
The "Mormon Bible" is the KJV. The Book of Mormon is not the Bible.
And again, I have never met a Christian who was "sola Biblia".

You are not telling the truth.

The Book of Mormon
Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Book of Mormon | LDS.org

Reactions: tzcho2

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if you cling to the beliefs of a False cult Jane. Mormonism twists scripture and promotes LIES. Sorry you are deceived.
Jesus Christ is my Lord, my Savior, the Only Begotten Son of God. That relationship is the core of who I am.

I know that you're just going to scoff at that statement. I know that you have never asked me about my beliefs, and have been fed a steady amount of information that you had no way of knowing was false. I don't hold that against you. I feel only compassion for you, hence my offering to freely explaining things. You turned that offer down, and I acknowledge your choice there. Ultimately my path is not determined by yours, but by the Savior. It really doesn't matter to me if any mortal man chooses to see it or not.

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is my Lord, my Savior, the Only Begotten Son of God. That relationship is the core of who I am.

I know that you're just going to scoff at that statement. I know that you have never asked me about my beliefs, and have been fed a steady amount of information that you had no way of knowing was false. I don't hold that against you. I feel only compassion for you, hence my offering to freely explaining things. You turned that offer down, and I acknowledge your choice there. Ultimately my path is not determined by yours, but by the Savior. It really doesn't matter to me if any mortal man chooses to see it or not.

Literal offspring via sex with one his wives. Satan is his Brother.